LORIS KARIUS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:01 pm

With all the good GKs in Germany we went out and got this ? Mignolet can go as far as I'm concerned and he can take our number 2 and 3 with him. We can, and should, do better.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:52 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:45 am wrote:He didn't have a save to make against Arsenal yesterday and yet Karius was all over the place. He was actually Arsenals biggest threat to us not keeping a clean sheet.

:nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:05 pm

If Mignolet goes, which I doubt, and we don't sign a keeper, I'd rather give Ward the number 1 spot than Karius. If Mignolet stays, Ward should be number 2, Karius number 3. Mignolet isn't the best keeper but at least he has good reflexes and an outstanding shot stopping ability, he has even improved on high balls. Karius looks like he has all the bad things Migns has and minus the good stuff. I don't rate him at all and I didn't really appreciate his attitude against Arsenal either. Unless he drastically improves, I don't think he'll be here next season.

Ward on the other hand looked like he has the potential to be a good keeper, from the little I've seen. Could become our number one in the future if he gets enough chances to prove himself.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:51 pm

Paul Joyce seems convinced that Karius will start against Seville and will be our keeper for the Champions League campaign.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:37 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:51 pm wrote:Paul Joyce seems convinced that Karius will start against Seville and will be our keeper for the Champions League campaign.

Fvcking hell.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:01 pm

Personally not a fan of this chopping and changing of goalkeepers. Mignolet did pretty well last season and think he has started this season ok to. Not sure he did much wrong v City to be honest. I know some were questioning him on City's second goal but that was a very difficult ball to come out to imo and for me the question should have been why Jesus was absolutely free in there with no one anywhere near him. Don't know what Matip and Klavan were doing between them.

I'd prefer us to stick with the one keeper and as it stands Mignolet should keep the shirt. Karius is jittery and if I'm a defender in front of him, really wouldn't be too sure what he is upto
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:15 pm

Doeboy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:01 pm wrote:Personally not a fan of this chopping and changing of goalkeepers. Mignolet did pretty well last season and think he has started this season ok to. Not sure he did much wrong v City to be honest. I know some were questioning him on City's second goal but that was a very difficult ball to come out to imo and for me the question should have been why Jesus was absolutely free in there with no one anywhere near him. Don't know what Matip and Klavan were doing between them.

I'd prefer us to stick with the one keeper and as it stands Mignolet should keep the shirt. Karius is jittery and if I'm a defender in front of him, really wouldn't be too sure what he is upto

I wasn't impressed with Mingolet at all on Saturday DB, Jesus was only 6 yards out when he scored, that should have well been the keepers ball, the reason why Simon was glued to his line was because he was rattled after he flapped at a cross a few minutes earlier (when City had a goal ruled out for offside). Jesus' goal effectively ended the game as a meaningful contest and it was about as cheap as they come, a 5 foot 8 forward heading the ball practically under the nose of our 6 foot 4 keeper.  :no
He got beaten at his near post for the third (or fourth) goal as well and I wasn't particularly impressed with his athleticism for the last one either. Okay there were no out-and-out clangers in there but it wasn't a good display.
Personally i'd like to see Ward given a go, he can't be much worse.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:48 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:15 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:01 pm wrote:Personally not a fan of this chopping and changing of goalkeepers. Mignolet did pretty well last season and think he has started this season ok to. Not sure he did much wrong v City to be honest. I know some were questioning him on City's second goal but that was a very difficult ball to come out to imo and for me the question should have been why Jesus was absolutely free in there with no one anywhere near him. Don't know what Matip and Klavan were doing between them.

I wasn't impressed with Mingolet at all on Saturday, Jesus was only 6 yards out when he scored, that should have well been the keepers ball, the reason why he was glued to his line was because he was rattled after he flapped at a cross a few minutes earlier (when City had a goal ruled out for offside). That goal effectively ended the game as a meaningful contest and it was about as cheap as they come, a 5 foot 8 forward heading the ball practically under the nose of our 6 foot 4 keeper.  :no
He got beaten at his near post for the third or fourth as well and I wasn't particularly impressed with his athleticism for the last goal either. Okay there were no out-and-out clangers in there but it wasn't a good display.
Personally i'd like to see Ward given a run in the side.

Think that's a tad harsh on Mignolet mate. Even Neville mentioned during commentary there wasn't much Mignolet could do for the second goal. The cross from De Bruyne wasn't that much of a inswinger and kinda went straight across so not a particularly easy one to come out for. If one of of our 6ft+ central defenders were closer to one of Man CIty's main threats in the box, they easily clear that imo.

For the third he's got both Aguero and Jesus running at him so has the possibility of of Aguero putting it to his left or Aguero passing to Jesus and putting away it to his right and near post. He was pretty much caught between a rock and a hard place and really don't think he could do much in that situation.

The 4th i'll give, could have done better at the near post. The 5th one was a really good strike as it started out wide and then dipped in. Think most keepers would probably struggle with that one with maybe De Gea being the exception
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Should let Ward give it a try.

As yakka said he can't be much worse, but personally I think he's a promising keeper as well. If we develop him right we might land a good keeper without actually buying one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:44 pm

I remember a time, not too long ago.
Dudek was injured and so was our no.2, Chris Kirkland...
---
Up stepped 19 year old Scotty Carson - thrown into the deep end against Juventus...
Put in a performance of great maturity.
---
I guess those were the days my friend.
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 pm

I thought Karius did okay tonight, you couldn't really blame him for any of the goals and he is 10 times better than Mingolet  under the high ball.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:16 pm

Not good enough, we need 3 new keeper so, at least
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:19 am

I was impressed with his command and distribution. Definitely gaining in confidence which is good to see especially with Lovren in front of him  :censored:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:31 am

devaney » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:19 am wrote:I was impressed with his command and distribution. Definitely gaining in confidence which is good to see especially with Lovren in front of him  :censored:

It was always going to be the case of letting him grow into the role and accept the growing pains that come with it but we really never did that. I think Mignolet is as good as he will be and is average so we need Karius to get a proper run in the side. Ideally we have a world class keeper but we don't so maybe he is the best option. If he makes mistakes we still have to persevere with him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:49 am

Good move Klopp ! Give a new contract to a krap goalie like Mignolet and then buy a krappier keeper. The clown manager lives down to my expectations.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion