Liverpools summer transfer window and now the gripes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Reading today that considering letting Klavan go which would be madness IMO, Lovren, Matip and Gomez are all injury prone so we will definitely need Klavan to fill in at times this season, we cant take risks again by trying to go through as season without sufficient cover in each position. I dont mind getting rid of Origi as I think his career has stalled and he wont get many minutes, although i would say hes better than Solanke but it doesnt look likely that we will loan him out, Klopp sees something in him for some reason.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:34 pm

It's a rare thing to see a club that plays with 4 at the back with 5 senior CB's, so I can see the logic in selling Klavan. But considering how prone our CBs are to injury, it probably wont be the smartest move. If we want players off our wage bill, we should look to sell Mignolet, Origi and Markovic first.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:14 pm

It would be madness to offload a CH especially seeing as we should have bought one. I did see a rumour though that we could lose both Mignolet and Karius though :D

It was a decent window for us in what we spent but the big cloud that is the deadwood remains. Sturridge, Moreno, Origi, Klavan and Milner are all out of contract in june 2019 so can we really afford to have 5 players walk for free in the one window  :no
Personally I wouldn't sell Milner and Klavan stays because we need him to, but the other 3 should be sold for whatever another club is willing to pay.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion