Liverpool Player Watch - Euro's & Close Season Internationals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:08 pm

anyone worried that phillipe degen isnt even first team for the swiss at the mo?

could this be another voronin type signing by rafa?
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby SundanceKid » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:24 am

Toffeehater wrote:nice sig of torres and villa ciggy , hope it comes true

If only Liverpool fans world wide would donate a pound each...
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Seano Kop » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:59 am

Apparently Torres and Reina have been drilling it in to him to come to Liverpool
Seano Kop

Postby SundanceKid » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:11 am

Seano Kop wrote:Apparently Torres and Reina have been drilling it in to him to come to Liverpool

Some article on the LFC site said Reina and Xabi talked the ref into letting Villa have his hat trick ball, and he was thankful for it. Hope he likes the Liverpool hospitality  :D
SundanceKid

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:15 am

if it meant we signed david villa i would donate £50 no doubt

id want me money back though if we signed some chump like darren bent instead though.
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Simply Red » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:48 am

LittleHobo wrote:anyone worried that phillipe degen isnt even first team for the swiss at the mo?

could this be another voronin type signing by rafa?

This concerns me too. I've been watching the Swiss games to get an idea of what we can expect from Degen next season. Can't make the team? mmmmmm....

???

If we can get Villa, I wouldn't care too much, as long as we have Agger, Martin, Caragher and Sammy to tidy up.

Although, I was hoping for another suprise package like Gary Mcallister.  :D
Last edited by Simply Red on Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simply Red

Postby SundanceKid » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:59 pm

If Degen isn't on Switzerlands XII, then he shouldn't be on Liverpool's XII. Simple as that. Doesn't mean he won't be playing, but he isn't going to be our first option
SundanceKid

Postby Well Red » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:24 pm

SundanceKid wrote:If Degen isn't on Switzerlands XII, then he shouldn't be on Liverpool's XII. Simple as that. Doesn't mean he won't be playing, but he isn't going to be our first option

XII?

I think you're counting the Kop as a twelth man a bit too literally mate  :D
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:10 am

Well Red wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:If Degen isn't on Switzerlands XII, then he shouldn't be on Liverpool's XII. Simple as that. Doesn't mean he won't be playing, but he isn't going to be our first option

XII?

I think you're counting the Kop as a twelth man a bit too literally mate  :D

Sometimes II don't even know what I'm talking about  :D
SundanceKid

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:25 am

Degen's apparently been injured recently and was still recovering.  Perhaps that's why he didn't play?
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby SupitsJonF » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:02 am

I would mail some money to Rafa but theres no guarantee he won't buy a new suit with it, so he has more "options" when he gets dressed  :D
SupitsJonF

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:31 am

Bad Bob wrote:Degen's apparently been injured recently and was still recovering.  Perhaps that's why he didn't play?

If that were the case then why bother taking him? If he was unfit to start and was only ever going to be cover then they may as well have taken fit cover. It can't have been the Owen and Rooney scenario, two players deemed too important not to go.

I'm not expecting much of Degen, so why on earth are we signing him? Because he was free?!?!?!?!?! Probably just to bolster cover and play him in the Carling Cup.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:24 am

Owzat wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Degen's apparently been injured recently and was still recovering.  Perhaps that's why he didn't play?

If that were the case then why bother taking him? If he was unfit to start and was only ever going to be cover then they may as well have taken fit cover. It can't have been the Owen and Rooney scenario, two players deemed too important not to go.

I'm not expecting much of Degen, so why on earth are we signing him? Because he was free?!?!?!?!?! Probably just to bolster cover and play him in the Carling Cup.

Whats to say he didnt get the injury in training after the squad was announced ?

I am also not getting excited about this signing but think its totally unfair to get on his back so soon.
What will happen with fans if all this criticism continues before we have seen him play is that the first misplaced pass or mistake people will start moaning.
Its not really the Liverpool way, he may not be what we all wanted but Rafa has his hands tied, lets give Degen a chance before writing him off.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:26 am

SupitsJonF wrote:so he has more "options" when he gets dressed  :D

Hahaha, I'm not forgetting this quote.
SundanceKid

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:40 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Whats to say he didnt get the injury in training after the squad was announced ?

I am also not getting excited about this signing but think its totally unfair to get on his back so soon.
What will happen with fans if all this criticism continues before we have seen him play is that the first misplaced pass or mistake people will start moaning.
Its not really the Liverpool way, he may not be what we all wanted but Rafa has his hands tied, lets give Degen a chance before writing him off.

Yeah, why don't we just GUESS until someone comes up with a theoretical situation that makes it look like a good transfer.

I'm guessing the FACTS that there are regarding Degen include that most of us on here had never heard of him and that most of us on here didn't have him shortlisted for a move to Liverpool
Last edited by Owzat on Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion