LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:02 pm

From ESPN...

Big U-turn alert! Lazar Markovic has agreed to a loan at Sporting after initially ruling out a Portugal return, Having indicated he wanted to revive his career in England, Markovic has decided to reunite with former coach Jorge Jesus.

Sporting had been pushing a deal since July, LFC were keen to do business then, but Markovic's wishes proved obstructive. Down to the wire
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:10 pm

Hes obviously a sh'ithouse who doesnt want to fight for his place. I had high hopes for him at one time but I think hes as good as gone now
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:25 pm

I had high hopes for him too, but he always seemed happiest when he didnt' have the ball.

Basically, I don't think he fancied the rough 'n' tumble of the Premier League.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:18 pm

Think he to too lightweight for the prem and that isn't going to cut it especially under JK's blood and thunder type of game. Another one where I think we will just be happy to recoup as much of the £20m we spent on hi.
Doeboy

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:04 pm

Really frustrated with Markovic and Aquilani. Honestly  thought that both of them were going to be really good additions to the team. The money that  has gone down the drain over the last few years is absolutely frightening. I know we have had our profitable moments with the likes of Torres  and Suarez but to be honest I would pay double what we got for Suarez to have him back in the team today !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:47 pm

I'd much rather we continue to take a gamble on players like Markovic though who are seen as potential stars of the future than fritter millions away on steady eddie's like Borini, Alberto, Aspas etc etc.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:18 pm

Doeboy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:18 pm wrote:Think he to too lightweight for the prem and that isn't going to cut it especially under JK's blood and thunder type of game. Another one where I think we will just be happy to recoup as much of the £20m we spent on hi.

Pretty sure Radio 5 said we accepted a £12m bid, only for Markovic to turn it down because he didn't want to return to Portugal. Perhaps a good season over there will see us get most of our cash back
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:12 am

Markovic has probably grown to enjoy the easy life at Liverpool, incredible wages for just training, football without performance pressure.

Hes a very ordinary player and in his own head hes no doubt reconciled that and whilst he cant improve on the pitch he can off it by looking after himself at our expense, I dont blame him for that.

Hes like the rejected 20 year old sitting on a 5 year deal, why put yourself out, run it down and let your Agent see another mug coming on the horizon.

If your smart you can literally never play any first team football, a training pitch career yet set for life financially.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:35 am

parchpea » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:12 pm wrote:Markovic has probably grown to enjoy the easy life at Liverpool, incredible wages for just training, football without performance pressure.

Hes a very ordinary player and in his own head hes no doubt reconciled that and whilst he cant improve on the pitch he can off it by looking after himself at our expense, I dont blame him for that.

Hes like the rejected 20 year old sitting on a 5 year deal, why put yourself out, run it down and let your Agent see another mug coming on the horizon.

If your smart you can literally never play any first team football, a training pitch career yet set for life financially.

Yep just emphasis how pathetic our transfer committee has been throughout the years...so many of those star signning disappeared into oblivion.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:41 pm

On loan with Hull.

Seems like he will be on loan all hus career. what a waste of money 20 mill.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Moneyball at its very worst, not that we are for changing, not even a blink.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:23 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-winger-markovic-ill-prove-12501233

I wish him well at Hull because I'd like to see him back, still think there is major talent there.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:17 pm

This would have been a good chance for him to come back to the club and get some opportunities to prove his worth. We dont have any senior backup attacking midfielders and play 3 in the starting lineup. Surely he would have been ahead of the likes of Ojo and Woodburn (who isnt even being brought off the bench when we need a goal) in the pecking order ?!

As far as I'm concerned, this loan move shows he has no future at the club.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:08 am

aCe' » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:17 pm wrote:This would have been a good chance for him to come back to the club and get some opportunities to prove his worth. We dont have any senior backup attacking midfielders and play 3 in the starting lineup. Surely he would have been ahead of the likes of Ojo and Woodburn (who isnt even being brought off the bench when we need a goal) in the pecking order ?!

As far as I'm concerned, this loan move shows he has no future at the club.

Agree  :nod 

Heres hoping he scores a hatrick against Manure Thursday night  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:29 pm

Ties with Mark Walters as the worst Liverpool winger I've ever seen. Terrible terrible player.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion