LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:14 am

I think the lad has talent, but he's woefully inconsistent and disappears in games. His decision making in the final third is terrible.

Turkish league is about his level. Forgive me for being completely unexcited about his return.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:21 am

Rumours abound that Klopp is unimpressed with Markovic.

A few newspapers and radio stations are reporting that we're open to offers, with Sporting Lisbon leading the chase.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:25 pm

Excuse the Firmino snippets ,but it's the only clip that includes a sensational burst of speed from Markovic that amazed me against Milan.
1:43  in .....just watch he leaves the defender whose got yards on him for dead !   

I think that was Lazars best display in pre season ,he bulleted an amazing reverse pass for Ojo to run onto for Firmino's goal and should have had an assist with a deft touch for what should have been Origi's second goal ,other than that he controlled the ball well in midfield and rarely gave away possession. Definitely , think Klopp should keep hold of the lad.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:09 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:25 pm wrote:Excuse the Firmino snippets ,but it's the only clip that includes a sensational burst of speed from Markovic that amazed me against Milan.
1:43  in .....just watch he leaves the defender whose got yards on him for dead !   

I think that was Lazars best display in pre season ,he bulleted an amazing reverse pass for Ojo to run onto for Firmino's goal and should have had an assist with a deft touch for what should have been Origi's second goal ,other than that he controlled the ball well in midfield and rarely gave away possession. Definitely , think Klopp should keep hold of the lad.

RBG, not referencing you Marko video link, but in general.

I've been a fan of Marko and was disappointed that he was sent out on loan. The fella has undoubted skill BUT on the little I've seen of him pre-season I have to admit I'm now wondering about his decision making.

Maybe it's in their DNA but many  "Flair" players sometimes try to do just a little too much, take the ball just that little bit further,  when it's not really on !  and I'm thinking Marko's guilty of this.

From being enthusiastic about him I'm now far more reserved, my take on Marko is now, undoubted skill undermined by poor decisions.

Not sure if he offers enough for us.   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:01 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:09 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:25 pm wrote:Excuse the Firmino snippets ,but it's the only clip that includes a sensational burst of speed from Markovic that amazed me against Milan.

RBG, not referencing you Marko video link, but in general.

I've been a fan of Marko and was disappointed that he was sent out on loan. The fella has undoubted skill BUT on the little I've seen of him pre-season I have to admit I'm now wondering about his decision making.

Maybe it's in their DNA but many  "Flair" players sometimes try to do just a little too much, take the ball just that little bit further,  when it's not really on !  and I'm thinking Marko's guilty of this.

From being enthusiastic about him I'm now far more reserved, my take on Marko is now, undoubted skill undermined by poor decisions.

Not sure if he offers enough for us.   :(

I actually thought he played well against Milan and wasn't guilty of making any rash decisions ,he controlled the ball well and linked the attack up well and like I say was involved in most of what was good about our general play and gave a complete contrast to the disjointed fare we seen in the first half. He's perceptive on the ball and uses it effectively mate and thoroughly deserves his chance ,certainly more than fucking Lallana.

In truth mate, I wasn't impressed with the first half display at all  ,and if anything certain players involved in that display need your consternation more than Markovic !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:24 pm

Markovic likes go dominate his opponents but quickly loses interest and heart if its not going his way.

Type of lad who a player will go through and thats him hiding all game.

He has the basics but not the mental toughness and I am afraid the Premiership is the worst possible enviroment for him.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:10 pm

Well, I've said my piece about the lad ,and the reasoning being put forward behind him being moved on is feeble  at best ,once again proving some people watch completely different games. I think he gives this team something different a cohesion we don't have when he isn't included. As for dropping his head when he's tackled ,the lad played WB under Rodgers one of the least forgiving roles on the fucking pitch ,and contrary to the flock's opinion' he played it competently. In my opinion, WB is a role that requires a mental toughness and a great deal of stamina as Sterling and Henderson  found out when the tool played them there ,a punishing position used as precisely that by our former incumbent.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:57 pm

A decent half of football in pre-season does not a top footballer make.

Agree his decision making is suspect and he's already got hamstring problems in his early 20s which will eventually rob him of his best attribute - pace.

Didnt exactly set the Turkish league on fire either while on loan. Some might blame injuries, but that's part of the lad's problem, injury prone.

I think Klopp will make the right call and sell him on. Poor buy.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:15 pm

I also think Klopp will make the correct decision ,and no one is making knee jerk reactions based on one performance ,my opinion is based on what he brought to our game when he was with us, however, fleeting those appearances were under the other the beaut who continually played him out of position while we were forced to suffer a player that didn't even want to be here !  Time will tell ,but I personally think Klopp has found his best position.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:47 pm

I'd like you to be right RBG, just can't see it mate.

One thing is for sure we are overly stocked with attacking mids so someone has to make way.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:12 pm

Didnt Chelsea put down money for first option on him at around £10m but turned it down?

Naturally we flashed our knickers immediately, £25m  :laugh:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:37 pm

If Klopp doesn't want him then fair enough but I just hope under him all this nonsense stops. The amount of players we have signed and then look to get rid a year or 2 later is baffling.

Best of luck to the lad anyway wherever he ends up.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:00 pm

Would love him to turn it around, but he seems to hide in matches and appears only to be happy when he hasn't got the ball.

Hope Klopp transforms him into a world beater (he has the pace and skill) but think he'll end up leaving for half of his original value. If we're lucky.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:28 am

Sorry for raising this topic, but any news about him?

He is still in the club but aren't involved in match-day squad.. Any loan planned?

Good talent, we loved his attitude in game but physically weak (couldn't improve his strength here + injured lots of times) and it's hard to say that Turkish league and/or Fenerbahce was a good choice for him.

Maybe he deserves one more loan chance into the softer & wide area leagues like Belgium or Holland to play regularly and improve his physical conditions.
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:34 am

IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:28 am wrote:Sorry for raising this topic, but any news about him?

He is still in the club but aren't involved in match-day squad.. Any loan planned?

Good talent, we loved his attitude in game but physically weak (couldn't improve his strength here + injured lots of times) and it's hard to say that Turkish league and/or Fenerbahce was a good choice for him.

Maybe he deserves one more loan chance into the softer & wide area leagues like Belgium or Holland to play regularly and improve his physical conditions.

hello again mate, It is a shame what has happened with Lazar and I honestly don't think Klopp fancies him here, tomorow's cup game will say a lot about his future, I think if he is fit and doesn't take part tomorow then it could well be curtain's for him here

he was linked with a few clubs during this window including clubs in Turkey and AC Milan also but nothing has materialized
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion