Klopps dortmund transfer windows

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:52 pm

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/10/assessing-jurgen-klopps-standout-transfers-dortmund/

The above url is from 2015 but I believe it provides a more lucid explanation towards understanding why the manager is not as active in windows he believes will prove less fruitful than ones that will see him bring in the players he needs.

After reading Honigsteins book on Klopp it seems evident that our manager is loathe to spend money for moneys sake and his preference is to introduce players who will compliment his mind set and drive to succeed,Klopp is a  manager who is fiercely loyal to players who offer him this and ruthless with those who are less inclined to carry
out his edict he much prefers to bring in players who are an unknown quantity but have shown the qualities he holds essential to his machinations towards a team that works hard for each other and offsets particular weaknesses by playing to their strengths. In that respect he has more in common with Taggart than some realize, in as such he demands players give their all on a football pitch and eventually a side with little flaws will in time emerge with the key signings he believes will improve the team as a unit.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:26 pm

No doubt he has turned out some terrific buys during his time there and while it is frustrating that he is moving very slow here, in time I do think he will get it right if he is allowed to continue.

The problem I feel is that some of our players have already shown they aren't up to the task of delivering what he wants. He has a very specific or limited way of playing and in 2 and a half seasons I feel some just don't get it.
Most Managers when taking a new job like to bring in a player or 2 that they have previously worked with and I think he could do with that to help get that message across and put a stronger spine to the team at the same time. I do think though we are a lot better organised and can hit much higher levels in matches with the same players than we did under Rodgers but unfortunately the same weaknesses haunt us. Hopefully this summer he addresses that, and fwiw I think he realises that he needs to.

I haven't read the book but I hope he does have a bit of that cantankerous scot in him and the post match hugs are a front to " you just wait till I get you in that dressing room"   :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:00 pm

[quote="red till i die!! » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:26 am"]No doubt he has turned out some terrific buys during his time there and while it is frustrating that he is moving very slow here, in time I do think he will get it right if he is allowed to continue.

The problem I feel is that some of our players have already shown they aren't up to the task of delivering what he wants. He has a very specific or limited way of playing and in 2 and a half seasons I feel some just don't get it.
Most Managers when taking a new job like to bring in a player or 2 that they have previously worked with and I think he could do with that to help get that message across and put a stronger spine to the team at the same time. I do think though we are a lot better organised and can hit much higher levels in matches with the same players than we did under Rodgers but unfortunately the same weaknesses haunt us. Hopefully this summer he addresses that, and fwiw I think he realises that he needs to.

I haven't read the book but I hope he does have a bit of that cantankerous scot in him and the post match hugs are a front to " you just wait till I get you in that dressing room"   :laugh:[/quote

Klopp is old school, so in that respect I believe he has similar traits as Taggart,even his touchline histrionics when a decision doesn't go his way is in keeping with the manic Jock and I suspect in a similar vein the haven of the dressing room following a defeat is cold comfort for those who have let him down. I think given the way his facial features become gnarled up when he's vexed his character definitely has more in common with old Whiskey nose than Guardiola ,Mourinho and his ilk.

Quoting anyone lately is a real ball ache,if the boards admin could rectify that 'quickly' I'd be most grateful.  :help
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:09 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:00 pm wrote:
Quoting anyone lately is a real ball ache,if the boards admin could rectify that 'quickly' I'd be most grateful.  :help

:lookaround

I guess it's all down to where you edit the post you want to quote.

Gotta say at times it does look a bit confusing, another work around would be a simple copy and paste of the post you want to quote using in this order

Copy the post then

Start your post with

bracket quote close bracket paste your quotation bracket slash quote close bracket 

:rasp     
to identify the chosen source

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:35 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:26 am wrote:No doubt he has turned out some terrific buys during his time there and while it is frustrating that he is moving very slow here, in time I do think he will get it right if he is allowed to continue.

Trying to simulate RBG's attempt to quote RTID's post here.

Simply clicked on reply with quote

Highlighted and deleted parts of post I didn't want up until the all important Bracket Slash Quote Close Bracket at the end of RTID's post

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:42 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:09 pm wrote:
Gotta say at times it does look a bit confusing, another work around would be a simple copy and paste of the post you want to quote using in this order

Copy the post then

Start your post with

bracket quote close bracket paste your quotation bracket slash quote close bracket 

:rasp     
to identify the chosen source

Cheers fella ,and my OCD thanks you for returning order to the chaos  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:17 pm

No Probs Red.

Meanwhile, back to your linked article on Jurgen.

Interesting and Illuminating read.

It does clarify much about our manager.

First and foremost, he's not a "Cheque Book" Manager

He knows what he wants and what he expects.

Can only hope that us "Fans" show some patience and allow the man time to realise his vision for our club.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion