Jurgen Klopp

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:19 pm

Much as I rate Brendan Rodgers as a man and manager Jurgen Klopp's availability puts a lot of top managers under pressure.

Given he was reported to be FSG's first choice when Dalglish left I would not put it past our owners to at least think about the possibility
of change if they still feel Klopp still has the better profile.

Naturally the top 4 and FA Cup outcomes will have a massive bearing on things but despite Dortmund's problems this season Klopp would
seem a hand in glove fit for Liverpool, humble and loyal, slightly maverick, and man of the people.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:38 am

Klopp will end up at Citeh no question

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:55 am

http://talksport.com/magazine/features/ ... opp-198233

I guess on one hand it depends whether he wants a challenge at Liverpool or to walk into a top funded side like City.

On the other, whether the owners think BR has reached as far as he can take us which many/some/few/we think might be the case. If appointed, it could mean we're on the roller coaster ride of swapping managers every 3-4 years which I don't like the idea of.

Anyway... Rumours section for this speculative tittle tattle.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:40 am

I Would love Klopp here and think the time is up for Rodgers unfortunately and if the owners can get him in then that would fantastic.

A major factor is who is available and what clubs are looking for a new manager. I think Citeh will get rid of Pellegrini and I think Ancelottis time wil be up ar Madrid I also think that Bayern may part pays with Guardiola this summer especially if citeh come knocking.

If the Citeh, R. MAdrid and Bayern jobs come available I can not see him coming to us especially when his reason for leaving dortmund is basically all his best players gets pinched.

The history of our club is still there but with Gerrard leaving then our whole foundation of the club looks to be torn to pieces

If you look at our side this year this is the first time in years we havent had a player of world class standing. In the past we have always had 1 sometimes 2 or 3

Gerrard
Torres
Suarez
Alonso
Owen

Coutinho and on his Day Sturridge are fantastic players but neither at this moment is at the standards of the above.

A new manager would basically have to start from sctratch. At this present time I do not think we have a playing style or an identity

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:30 am

He's a manager I admire massively. I believe from what I've heard of him they he'd rather come to us than go to city. They chop and change all the time where as we're patient. He'd probably love the challenge of taking us back to the top.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:06 pm

A good manager. But the way he sets up his team (pressing at high tempo throughout the season) gets his players injured a lot. Rodgers employs a slower temp from time to time and even then a lot of our players get injured ....... So I don't know how our players will be able to cope with Klopp in charge.

If FSG wants to get a manager....just get in rafa. He will more than likely get us qualified for Europe. We might not win the domestic league under him. But we will steamroll most teams in Europe.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:25 am

He has had 7 years at a club which had a similar set up to us. I wouldn't be surprised if he now wants to join one of the money clubs where he could buy any player he likes and not train up potentials.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:45 am

maguskwt » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:25 am wrote:He has had 7 years at a club which had a similar set up to us. I wouldn't be surprised if he now wants to join one of the money clubs where he could buy any player he likes and not train up potentials.

Good point.
Its bound to be a factor in his decision when he has to make one.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:35 pm

I know this is far fetched but would Jurgen Klopp suit us better than City ?

With progress very much one step forward and 4 steps back under Brendan Rodgers would Klopp be a better man for the job?

I'm NO way calling for Brendans head here, its just a thought.

I can imagine a hoast of world class players that would love to play under him.  He was renound for getting the best out of a very young team pulling players through such as Reus , Hummels , Gundogan Etc Etc.  Plus he has a track record of winning tropies and getting his teams to finals.

With City's aging players. (think their average age is 28/29) compared to ours (23).

Just a thought ?  :p 

Would you ?
Kopite-Jud

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:44 pm

I'm sure he'd be more interested in the City job.  Here he would face losing his best players every other season, not being able to pay big fees or wages and he'd have to follow the clubs transfer policy to buy young potential. 

At City he wouldn't lose his best players, would be able to spend big and on whoever he wanted.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:48 pm

one step forward and 4 steps back? really? bit harsh
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:55 pm

Honestly don't think the Liverpool job would interest too many big managers out there.
Our fans + owners demand top 4 finishes, trophies and title challenges while there are at least 4 clubs that can outspend us.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Sometimes, money isn't everything
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (107.26 KiB) Viewed 4451 times
Kopite-Jud

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:22 pm

I rate Klopp very highly and think he'd be a perfect suit for us.

However, the same people calling for BR to be sacked would also be calling for Klopp's head on a platter if we replicated Dortmund's form this season. They've had a dreadful year (now sitting 10th) and will most likely lose a number of their top players in the summer, without CL football.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:49 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:22 pm wrote:I rate Klopp very highly and think he'd be a perfect suit for us.

However, the same people calling for BR to be sacked would also be calling for Klopp's head on a platter if we replicated Dortmund's form this season. They've had a dreadful year (now sitting 10th) and will most likely lose a number of their top players in the summer, without CL football.

Spot on, the Bundesliga is nowhere near as competative as the prem yet he has spent most of the season in and around the relegation zone.
It doesn't matter who we have in charge our fans would soon be on their back, look at what Kenny has done for this club as a player and manager but it didn't stop fans from lambasting him. He was absolutely slaughtered over Carroll.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion