Jurgen Klopp

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Thu May 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Sources states Klopp would be interested in managing us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 28, 2015 6:47 pm

If true this will pile the pressure on Brendan.
I still believe Brendan is a top coach but the last month (especially the last few days) haven't done him any favours at all.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Thu May 28, 2015 8:38 pm

Well I for one hopes it's true
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Mikz » Thu May 28, 2015 10:11 pm

Attracting top players will be a struggle if Rodgers stays - that saying if he even tries for any.  The mancs had the same problem under Moyes and they dealt with it, we should too .
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu May 28, 2015 10:53 pm

Right now, any  approach  for  Klopp  is not allowed as the German league hasn't finished yet.   A club  (Not LFC) did ask permission to speak to  Klopp, however Dortmund said no.

As for FSG, they are just waiting for the review to be completed on the manager front. Suggestion could be that they discuss the way forward with BR, unlikely because he has lost the dressing room and backing of senior management at the club,  or perhaps, they may suggest Klopp, or it could be someone that has been considered previously!

Klopp has stated that if asked, he would like to manage LFC. So then FSG, you know the answer,  so get ready, and as soon as their season is over/final whistle of their game is sounded, wait by the touch line, and make your move straight away and bring him to LFC.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Santa » Fri May 29, 2015 12:54 am

Kash_Mountain » Thu May 28, 2015 9:53 pm wrote:Right now, any  approach  for  Klopp  is not allowed as the German league hasn't finished yet.   A club  (Not LFC) did ask permission to speak to  Klopp, however Dortmund said no.

As if no one can have any discussions with his agent to set things up? If we wants him we better show how hungry we are to get him in, not the half arsed efforts hoping to strike any advantages during the negotiations
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Fri May 29, 2015 12:54 am

Kash_Mountain » Thu May 28, 2015 9:53 pm wrote:Klopp has stated that if asked, he would like to manage LFC.

Kash, is this likely to actually be true?

Reason I ask is because there is so much utter balls being spewed by journalists that y' don't know what to believe.
Earlier today I read this about Klopp, but I also read that we were trying for Gaitan, Montoya and Benteke; Tevez is considering an offer from us, we'd been offered Jackson Martinez, we'd nearly closed a deal for Pirlo, and we're in with a good chance of getting Marco Reus!
Of those lot, I reckon we've got a better chance of signing Geordie Best, (with the possible exception of Benteke, and I don't like the sound of his 'First Choice Striker' requirement.)
It's all obviously fucking bullshit, so is there likely to be any truth in Klopp's reported interest?
Do we dare to hope....?
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Focus » Fri May 29, 2015 6:43 am

Klopp may not be the saviour who will solve the mess which the club is at now but he will be a huge upgrade on Brendan. The root of the problem is FSG and their insistent on their moneyball policy. Whether Klopp will buy this policy only time will tell. Brendan is well capable of doing a good job with a world class player at his disposal but I wouldn't trust him with a penny on his transfer dealings, he is an absolute joke. It is time for a better manager and it would be another 5th to 8th place finish next season if he stays.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri May 29, 2015 6:49 am

Santa » May 29th, '15, 00:54 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Thu May 28, 2015 9:53 pm wrote:Right now, any  approach  for  Klopp  is not allowed as the German league hasn't finished yet.   A club  (Not LFC) did ask permission to speak to  Klopp, however Dortmund said no.

As if no one can have any discussions with his agent to set things up? If we wants him we better show how hungry we are to get him in, not the half arsed efforts hoping to strike any advantages during the negotiations

Lol, exactly, the 'other' club wanted to speak to him directly

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri May 29, 2015 6:54 am

Soupyzrx » May 29th, '15, 00:54 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Thu May 28, 2015 9:53 pm wrote:Klopp has stated that if asked, he would like to manage LFC.

Kash, is this likely to actually be true?

Reason I ask is because there is so much utter balls being spewed by journalists that y' don't know what to believe.
Earlier today I read this about Klopp, but I also read that we were trying for Gaitan, Montoya and Benteke; Tevez is considering an offer from us, we'd been offered Jackson Martinez, we'd nearly closed a deal for Pirlo, and we're in with a good chance of getting Marco Reus!
Of those lot, I reckon we've got a better chance of signing Geordie Best, (with the possible exception of Benteke, and I don't like the sound of his 'First Choice Striker' requirement.)
It's all obviously fucking bullshit, so is there likely to be any truth in Klopp's reported interest?
Do we dare to hope....?

It is true about Klopp, and he would be open to talks as soon as the German league finishes. Just hope FSG do the right thing.

The players, well, it's the same rubbish spewed out by journ's every time the transfer window opens I.e.  every player linked to LFC.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:53 am

Just sign up this lad already. He might fail here... But at the very least we tried to do something here. If moores had sticked with houllier...would we have won the champions league ?

Don't waste any more time. Get Klopp in (rafa is going to Madrid......yeah. FSG didn't think rafa was good enough 3 seasons ago. But apparently Madrid think he is good enough).

Continuing with an incompetent head coach (backed with a conference level coaching staff), is a receipe for disaster.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Jurgen Klopp: Former Borussia Dortmund coach to take break

Jurgen Klopp says he will take a break from football after stepping down as Borussia Dortmund manager.

The 47-year-old had been linked with a move to Liverpool since announcing he would leave at the end of the season.

"After seven intense and emotional years, I think it's a good idea to let the numerous memories settle in before I take on a new challenge with my team refreshed and motivated," said Klopp.

"I'm going to take a break until further notice," he added.

Klopp lost his last game in charge of Dortmund on Saturday as Wolfsburg claimed the German Cup with a 3-1 victory.

The German had previously stated he did not intend to take a sabbatical. When announcing he was to step down in April he said: "It's not that I'm tired. I always said that when I believe I am not the perfect coach anymore for this extraordinary club I will say so."

Klopp won two Bundesliga titles and one German Cup in the seven years following his appointment as Dortmund manager in 2008, also reaching the Champions League final in 2013 where his side were beaten by Bayern Munich.

Former Mainz manager Thomas Tuchel is to take over from Klopp at Dortmund, who recovered from being bottom of the German league in February to finish seventh and qualify for the Europa League

Source -  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32963594
Kopite-Jud

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:20 pm

blimey, that'll tip some on here right over the edge. They've already got Jurgen Flopp penciled in to take us to glory.

Doh!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:58 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:20 pm wrote:blimey, that'll tip some on here right over the edge. They've already got Jurgen Flopp penciled in to take us to glory.

Doh!

Smokescreen.....  :eyebrow
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:44 pm

The_Rock » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:58 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:20 pm wrote:blimey, that'll tip some on here right over the edge. They've already got Jurgen Flopp penciled in to take us to glory.

Doh!

Smokescreen.....  :eyebrow

You think he is still interested? I just can't see FSG changing their policies to suit anyone other than Brendan and I am not convinced that Brendan would sign up now based on his experiences.
Homebooby

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion