Jurgen Klopp Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Fri May 18, 2018 7:06 am

Reg » Thu May 17, 2018 11:46 pm wrote:Excellent read, there's defo something special going on at Anfield:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-inside- ... nal-178445

As it happened losing Coutinho turned out to be the best thing. Not because we replaced him with a player that is better defensively, not because he was a negative influence on the team due to his unhappiness and not because we went out an bought an excellent defender. It was a good thing because it forced the team to come together and prove to themselves and the world that the team would be better without him, which they have. We are now a stronger force than we were and at some point Coutinho must be disappointed he did not at least see the season out (and get a Champions League winners medal to boot  :eyebrow ) and he could easily have moved to Barcelona after his playing days were over. To move to a team that will pay you less ( and Barca are loaded) merely because your wife likes the lifestyle there when at any point your career could be over is idiotic, a decision he will live with.

The best way to get over the last one is with the next one. Onwards and upwards!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 21, 2018 12:15 am

I don't think losing players of Coutinhos calibre is good for any team. He is already in double figures for them and its just a shame he didn't see out the season with us before making the move.  The refusing to play was a bad move on his part and one that will always be at the forefront of fans memories. I do hope we win the CL and Klopp doesn't give him a medal because he shouldn't.

Klopp has lost his last 5 which is a worry but I do think that is about to change.  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 am

Coutinho scored a hat trick last week and scored a spectacular goal tonight as well, the only goal in a 1-0 win. I've noticed Barca's players are now starting to give him the ball more and more, he's turning into one of their main men (as we all knew he would).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 21, 2018 4:37 am

At the end of the day the club handled the situation very well and avoided an implosion. Not only did we max the sale price, but we used the opportunity to create unity instead of what could have led to the opposite. The nett effect is minimised his loss and rose to new heights. Well done LFC.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 21, 2018 5:44 pm

He could have stayed until the end of the season and showed some gratitude, but Im glad he didnt because he hasnt been missed whatsoever. I always said I'd have been devastated if Firmino had gone instead of him.
Good luck and good riddance!
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon May 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Jurgens record in cup finals is not great. Lost five...

1 x Champions league final (Dortmund v B.Munich)
1 x League Cup final.( LFC v Man City)
1 x Europa league final(LFC v Sevilla)
2 x German Cup finals.

Hopefully this bad omen will change on Saturday!??  :buttrock
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Mon May 21, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon May 21, 2018 7:16 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Mon May 21, 2018 6:06 pm wrote:Jurgens record in cup finals is not great. Lost five...

2 x Champions league finals
1 x League Cup final.
1 x Europa league final
1 x German Cup finals.

They all need context.

Were all of his Dortmund ones against Munich?

He wasn't managing the favourite any of those times. The only arguable one is Sevilla.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon May 21, 2018 7:20 pm

Klopptomaniac » Mon May 21, 2018 7:16 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Mon May 21, 2018 6:06 pm wrote:Jurgens record in cup finals is not great. Lost five...

2 x Champions league finals
1 x League Cup final.
1 x Europa league final
1 x German Cup finals.

They all need context.

Were all of his Dortmund ones against Munich?

He wasn't managing the favourite any of those times. The only arguable one is Sevilla.

Correction :
1x CL final.
1x League Cup final
1x Europa league final
2x German Cup finals

Two were against Munich yes.
1 German Cup, 1x CL

I'm not concerned really, as the past has no bearing on the present really, different players and set-up etc,  I just read it in an article in the media.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 22, 2018 1:00 am

1x CL final.
1x League Cup final
1x Europa league final
2x German Cup finals

It's plain to see the upward trajectory our manager and team are on. They've gone from a League cup thru Uefa cup to European cup in successive seasons. What a manager, he's doing a great job and whilst LFC isn't the finished article (more exciting reinforcements coming in this summer) we're still capable of beating this RM team. Stop worrying about the past and start enjoying the present.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue May 22, 2018 2:44 am

Im confident Klopp with mount a title challenge next season.

I just hope he breaks his finals curse on Saturday.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat May 26, 2018 11:11 pm

Klopps lost six cup finals now.. Roll out the red carpet!!! And he's lost three for LFC!!

I don't blame our manager for our demise tonight. What I do blame him for is not strengthening our midfield, and our goalkeeping situation as its currently shocking.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun May 27, 2018 8:08 am

Ghost of Shankly » Sat May 26, 2018 10:11 pm wrote:Klopps lost six cup finals now.. Roll out the red carpet!!! And he's lost three for LFC!!

I don't blame our manager for our demise tonight. What I do blame him for is not strengthening our midfield, and our goalkeeping situation as its currently shocking.

Oh do f*ck off. Salah going off was pivotal and Karius made 2 errors. Last night wasn't on Klopp. Do one
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion