Jurgen Klopp Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:21 pm

We will be hoping to close the gap with 2nd and staying within the race for champions league spot. 2nd-4th will be very tough this season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:09 am

Unless Klopp takes his head out of his hole soon (case in point being the team selection vs the Chav pikeys), then we will finish 8th...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:09 am

Unfortunately, consistency is a problem, and has been since he took charge in 2015. We can't string wins together in the league.
We either can't put the ball in the net, squander chances,not playing with a recognised striker,throw away leads in matches,  or whether it's the defence /midfield,  personnel/formation issue, something is fundamentally not right. Unless we sort that issue out, then success will be difficult under this manager.
The problem Jurgen will have trying to win us the league title is.. Man city will probably go out and spend another 200m next summer, with their sugar daddy owners.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:26 pm

Thought we were gambling a bit at stoke midweek and surprised to see so many changes again today but it paid off. We were well organised and looked very fresh so well played gaffer.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:01 am

On a positive note, rotation aside I don't think our defence is as leaky or as bad as some are suggesting. We've conceded 19 in 15 matches, just over 1 per game. 9 of those goals were against spurs and man city. Discounting those two games, we have conceded just 10 goals in 13 matches, so less than 1 per game. So our defence is actually quite good. Plus we have the best attack in Europe with blistering counter attacking so, we could yet win something this season. I wish people would stop handing man city the league title after just 15 games, they haven't won anything yet!! So Chins up. :)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:27 am

I reckon Jurgen has got his eyes on a few players and got some lined up for next season. He was watching salah and keita for 1/2 seasons before signing them so, we seem to be heading the right way. There's great balance in our attacking we haven't seen for a long time. :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:24 pm

Salah was recommended to Klopp by the committee he was not Klopps first priority. So to be honest no idea if Klopp had an eye on him or not.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:29 pm

Nothing has changed in terms of transfers here since they brought that policy in after Dalglish. No one man has full control over who comes in here anymore. The Laptop gives the targets and the committee then tries to bring the players in. That's the way it is and it won't change anytime soon. Obviously the manager has a say but how much is far from clear as he only has 1 vote.

If it were up to Klopp he would give Can what he wants as he does not want to lose him. A few weeks ago he spoke about his contract and said it isn't a problem as he could sign tomorrow, January or even June. Now it appears we aren't willing to wait and will cash in in January.  The sensible decision here would have been to sell him in the summer but it doesn't look like Klopp wanted that and now the club is becoming impatient and afraid of getting nothing.
Whatever ends up happening in January we had better not fook ourselves over for the rest of the season. We are gaining momentum now and that needs to continue if we want to be up there. I fear making a few changes will see us drop off and we will spend the rest of the season trying to get 4th. We won't win the league, but the results we are now putting on the board could see us at least pressure who does.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:44 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:29 pm wrote:Nothing has changed in terms of transfers here since they brought that policy in after Dalglish. No one man has full control over who comes in here anymore. The Laptop gives the targets and the committee then tries to bring the players in. That's the way it is and it won't change anytime soon.

Sometimes that can be a good thing, having a team working round the clock, and also a scouting network looking for the next big targets.
Klopp can't do everything alone on his shoulders. It's a massive club with massive expectations.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:25 am

We should have hired that Dortmund scout who is going to work for Arsenal.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:15 am

Klopp played full strength for more or less 90 mins v Spartak, maybe he will rotate and rest a few on Sunday!??

No chance!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:42 am

One thing is certain, all teams in Europe will be petrified to meet us in the next round  :buttrock

We have come along way
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:07 am

Have to admit, Herr Klopp is doing a very good job in terms of players he has purchased. Mane is a high sucess, and so is Salah. As for the Ox, the jury is still out though. My only beef with him is that he hasnt done much to strengthen the defence....
maguskwt

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:43 pm

Now we're just about all fit you can see where klopp is heading. Couple of defensive players, Kieta and a replacement for sturridge and we'll be right up there
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:38 am

Last season we had a similar period where we were playing some fantastic stuff before it took a nosedive through injuries. The way he has been rotating lately is an indication that he learned a lot from it.
Our CL campaign is the complete polar opposite to what we suffered under Rodgers. Not many teams will fancy playing us over 2 legs as performances like last night send out a signal of intent. He's the best man we could have got and absolutely the right one.  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion