JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:54 pm

According to some press reports and Twitter we have agreed a fee for Jordan Henderson, but he won't discuss terms until after the Euro 21 championship

The fee is believed to be around 12m

Discuss
Last edited by metalhead on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Well, to me he is a good prospect and I see why we are going for him, potentially to be an excellent player. I still prefer Mccarthy though.

Anyways the source is from someone in Sunderland who got the Darren Bent story correct before the press knew about it
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Havent heard much about him tbh.  He is a midfielder right?  We already have Gerrard, Lucas, Meiriles, Spearing, Shelvey and apparently we're after Adam.  not sure why we'd be spending so much on this lad...
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:34 pm

henderson, barton, downing etc...this is what no euro footy does.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:57 pm

ehh... I dunno.  I didn't rate him that highly, and I don't think many others did either, when Bruce randomly said he'd cost 20m if somebody were to go after him.  I just figured  Bruce was trying to make him look expensive.  Hope it doesn't work.

Not really sure if I'd like this or not. Maybe. He's a decent player and he does have potential but I'm not sure.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby parchpea » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:31 pm

Not been impressed the odd time Ive seen him play really and he seems to pick up injuries easy. Prob a load of kak this tbh because we have decent young midfielders with Shelvey and all so cant see why we would throw a few mill at this kid when we have big gaps to plug in our first 11 as priority. Would seem a bit bonkers to me but experience tells you theres always a wild card signing and it usually ends badly.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Think he's alright, but at the moment not worth the reported £12.5 mil we have agreed to pay. Having said that Carroll isn't worth 35mil.

I like that we are going after young home grown lads with potential. Wouldn't mind Gary Cahill either btw.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:21 pm

bensmith_Times Ben Smith
#LFC preparing £13m bid for Jordan Henderson (via @DuckerTheTimes) £ http://thetim.es/kV6jBb
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 pm

Liverpool keen to prise Jordan Henderson from Sunderland

• 20-year-old valued at £20m by Wearside club
• Sunderland deny claim they rejected a £13m offer

Liverpool have added Jordan Henderson to their list of midfield targets for the summer as Kenny Dalglish prepares to test Sunderland's resolve to keep the England international at the Stadium of Light.

Henderson had been linked with a move to Manchester United earlier in the season as his impressive form earned a full England debut against France in November and prompted the Sunderland manager, Steve Bruce, to value the 20-year-old at £20m. Now Liverpool are keen on the Sunderland-born talent and with their owner, Fenway Sports Group, allocating a substantial transfer budget to Dalglish, they have the means to prise Henderson away from his boyhood club.

Sunderland have dismissed claims that they had received and rejected a £13m offer from Liverpool for the midfielder, and the Anfield club refused to make any comment on the potential transfer. However Henderson's club are aware of Liverpool's interest and expect that to develop into a firm bid during the close season. The midfielder is in Stuart Pearce's squad for the European Under-21 Championship in Denmark this month, and his future is unlikely to be resolved before that competition is over.

Bruce would be opposed to losing a player he has championed since Henderson established himself in the Sunderland first team two seasons ago and who signed a five-year contract with the club in April 2010. The Sunderland manager is determined to rebuild with "eight or nine" new players this summer and has £18m to spend from the sale of Darren Bent to Aston Villa in January. But a major offer for Henderson would assist his attempted revamp, particularly if the player were receptive to an Anfield move.

Dalglish is keen to add more quality to the Liverpool midfield next season. Though Henderson impressed in central midfield in his first full campaign for Sunderland, he is also comfortable on the right of midfield and his crossing ability would appeal to a manager seeking to improve the supply to Andy Carroll. The Aston Villa pair of Stewart Downing and Ashley Young are also on Dalglish's wanted list, as is Blackpool's Charlie Adam, although he faces competition from Manchester United for Young and a difficult task to prise Downing from Villa Park. Villa are resigned to losing Young this summer but are reluctant to let Downing go too, even though the England international is refusing to extend a contract that has two years remaining and has begun publicly agitating for an exit from the Midlands.

The Guardian
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:00 am

neil wrote:henderson, barton, downing etc...this is what no euro footy does.

i'd reckon its more to do with the wages were willing to pay rather than no euro footy.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:13 am

20 million?    You could buy Michael Jordan, Joe Jordan and Eddy Jordan for that ! :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:21 am

No way we're going to pay 20m but I think he could be a really good player, he's not a CM though.  He plays mostly out on the right I think he was only played centrally due to injuries, has good movement along with a nice first touch and can deliver a really good cross.  Potentially he could be a really good buy and the word is the deal is really close to being done.  I cannot wait to get some signings finally announced this summer is going to be so exciting!!

A little something to go on, nice vid of his season.. only 20 years old.

Jordan Henderson
Zidane

Postby ethanr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:49 am

Zidane wrote:No way we're going to pay 20m but I think he could be a really good player, he's not a CM though.  He plays mostly out on the right I think he was only played centrally due to injuries, has good movement along with a nice first touch and can deliver a really good cross.  Potentially he could be a really good buy and the word is the deal is really close to being done.  I cannot wait to get some signings finally announced this summer is going to be so exciting!!

Jordan Henderson

Actually looks quite a talent there.  He's extremely composed when he has the ball.  Sometimes you see players get nervous when they are on the ball.  Spearing has the problem at times.  He seems to be a very smart passer, picked out some really great runs there.

I'm finding myself hoping more and more everyday that we sign this kid.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:58 am

ethanr wrote:
Zidane wrote:No way we're going to pay 20m but I think he could be a really good player, he's not a CM though.  He plays mostly out on the right I think he was only played centrally due to injuries, has good movement along with a nice first touch and can deliver a really good cross.  Potentially he could be a really good buy and the word is the deal is really close to being done.  I cannot wait to get some signings finally announced this summer is going to be so exciting!!

Jordan Henderson

Actually looks quite a talent there.  He's extremely composed when he has the ball.  Sometimes you see players get nervous when they are on the ball.  Spearing has the problem at times.  He seems to be a very smart passer, picked out some really great runs there.

I'm finding myself hoping more and more everyday that we sign this kid.

I agree.

Just air on the side of caution when watching youtube clips though, I think they even made Nunez look good.  :lookaround
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:51 pm

This kid can play.

I like our transfer policy these days... young hungry players.

Henderson, Young, Charlie Adam, Adam Johnson, Cahill... these are exactly the types of guys we should be looking at imo.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion