JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:11 pm

Henderson cant tackle never seen him clean anyone out or consistently shut people down in midfield, hes got the legs to cover difficult spaces but is ineffective in those areas.

His biggest asset is professionalism on and off the pitch, personality, and yards covered on it, hes like  a dog chasing a ball.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:25 pm

It brings me no pleasure to criticise any Liverpool player, especially out captain, but he is at best an average player and absolutely none of the top clubs in this country or europe would have him. People who are making excuses for him are doing us a disservice and not really understand the enormity of the situation. If Klopp has a major weakness its that he is prepared to stick with the likes of Henderson even though he is detrimental to us becoming challengers again,
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby electrum » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Spot on Thommo- would he even make the bench for City, Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal....  No in the first three instances and debatable for the Arsenal.  This is our CAPTAIN we are talking about here . :-(

Mid table also rans is about his level and thats what we will be if we do not wake up and drop him to the bench ASAP..
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:57 pm

Hendo has been here since 2011 and to be honest since then i can't think of that much praise. Only thing i can remember is his wonder goal last year vs Chelsea.
I feel Hendo is too "nice" as a captain well in other terms his a bit of a p#ssy. His role should be given to a solid DM his position is wasted. Hendos role is just do the basic like a steady eddy tbh its what majority of footballers can do anyway. So why not snap a steady eddy with other attributes aswel.
I think Hendo is Ok would suit swansea, West Brom type of clubs.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:39 pm

Thommo's perm » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:25 pm wrote:It brings me no pleasure to criticise any Liverpool player, especially out captain, but he is at best an average player and absolutely none of the top clubs in this country or europe would have him. People who are making excuses for him are doing us a disservice and not really understand the enormity of the situation. If Klopp has a major weakness its that he is prepared to stick with the likes of Henderson even though he is detrimental to us becoming challengers again,

Losing Henderson probably cost us the title back in 2014.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:08 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:39 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:25 pm wrote:It brings me no pleasure to criticise any Liverpool player, especially out captain, but he is at best an average player and absolutely none of the top clubs in this country or europe would have him. People who are making excuses for him are doing us a disservice and not really understand the enormity of the situation. If Klopp has a major weakness its that he is prepared to stick with the likes of Henderson even though he is detrimental to us becoming challengers again,

Yakka I have subscribed to the same view on many occasions  however as good as he was that season doesn't necessarily make him a good captain and I personally don't believe that he has either the intelligence or the ability to do the job effectively.  I think there is a possibility that he would be a better player without the burden of the captaincy. Just how much have we missed him when he has been out injured for long periods and more importantly how much difference has he made when he has returned from injury? If Gerrard,Yeats, Hughes or Hansen were out through injury fans would be mortified. The same could never be said about Henderson!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:45 am

Having Hendo play most of 2014 lost us the title...Come on Yakka he is Sunderland captain material not LFC...BR made him captain and now we can't get rid of him..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:09 am

only me » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:45 am wrote:

Having Hendo play most of 2014 lost us the title...Come on Yakka he is Sunderland captain material not LFC...BR made him captain and now we can't get rid of him..

Sorry mate that is absolute rubbish.  Henderson was an integral part of the team that went on a 14 game winning streak and to suggest that he wasn't is utter nonsense.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:03 pm

devaney » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:09 am wrote:

Sorry mate that is absolute rubbish.  Henderson was an integral part of the team that went on a 14 game winning streak and to suggest that he wasn't is utter nonsense.

Yep, we were on a great run until Hendo got sent off in injury time against City. He missed both of those pivotal games against Chelsea and Palace where the title was won and lost. Up until that point we hadn't lost a league game in 4 months. We had put 3 past United at Old Trafford, 3 past City, 4 past Everton, 4 past Spurs, 5 past Arsenal and Stoke and 6 past Cardiff.
No one is saying Jordan Henderson is the second coming of Graeme Souness but to deny that we didn't miss him against Chelsea and Palace is just plain wrong.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:03 pm wrote:
devaney » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:09 am wrote:

Yep, we were on a great run until Hendo got sent off in injury time against City. He missed both of those pivotal games against Chelsea and Palace where the title was won and lost. Up until that point we hadn't lost a league game in 4 months. We had put 3 past United at Old Trafford, 3 past City, 4 past Everton, 4 past Spurs, 5 past Arsenal and Stoke and 6 past Cardiff.
No one is saying Jordan Henderson is the second coming of Graeme Souness but to deny that we didn't miss him against Chelsea and Palace is just plain wrong.

+1
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:54 am

More of the same please Hendo !! Captains performance and a superbly taken goal against Leicester. Up there for MOTM if it hadn't been for the brilliance of a certain Brazilian !!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:24 pm

Credit where credit is due and Henderson was outstanding yesterday. A great all round performance with few mistakes and topped off with a magnificent goal. The obvious glaring question is why doesnt he do this every game? Is he just complacent because hes captain of his club and country? If so he needs to come back down to earth and realise that means fu'ck all if he doesnt perform like he did yesterday on a regular basis...
Thommo's perm

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:17 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:24 am wrote:Credit where credit is due and Henderson was outstanding yesterday. A great all round performance with few mistakes and topped off with a magnificent goal. The obvious glaring question is why doesnt he do this every game? Is he just complacent because hes captain of his club and country? If so he needs to come back down to earth and realise that means fu'ck all if he doesnt perform like he did yesterday on a regular basis...

Well said mate...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:35 pm

He done the job of three midfielders yesterday, his energy had to be pretty much boundless to cope with the disappearance of Wijnaldum and Can. I really hope he can carry that kind of drive into the rest of the season, because Henderson in this mood is pivotal to our pressing game.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:20 pm

I think all 3 play the exact same role and there's only room in the team for one of them going forward as a club. If I had to pick I'd go for Hendo he's the fittest and he's the most passionate. A midfield 3 of Hendo, Coutinho and Keita will be a better balance next year.. Hendo could be the CDM, Coutinho as the attacking one and Keita being the box to box midfielder.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion