Joel Matip Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:47 pm

According to the Echo Cameroon want Matip barred from playing any football until the end of the ACN (effectively a 6 match ban, 7 if you count yesterday's match). Liverpool have complained to FIFA but according to journo Paul Joyce FIFA have told the club to sort the issue out with Cameroon. Cameroon however aren't responding to LFC's calls.
Joyce also reckons LFC are considering playing Matip in Wednesday's cup replay against Plymouth in an effort to force the issue and at least get some dialogue going.
Matip hasn't played for Cameroon since September 2015.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Well if the Cameroon FA haven't responded to us and FIFA are telling us to sort it out between ourselves, in my eyes he is available until we hear otherwise. Whole situation is a farce. Here we are playing the players wages and we can't play him because of a load of total *****. You couldn't make it up. I think WBA are having a similar issue with one of  their cameroonian players
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Total joke of a situation that seemingly the body that created the rules doesn't want to resolve  :lookaround  Just go ahead and play the lad  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:21 pm

FIFA and EUFA have to be the biggest shower of bellends ever. Anything theyre involved is is always a fu'ck up
:angry:
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:46 pm

What a mess.

Just play the lad. He's retired and they can't force him to turn out for his country. Likewise, I fail to see how they can ban him either. He's RETIRED
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:40 pm

Load of bollox for a friggin mickey mouse competition.

This is just pathetic.
So basically if nothing is done he could potentially miss 6-7 games.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:12 pm

No clue has to how this hs suddenly fallen on us as an issue with Matip here since the summer but its really poor, and its making the no way back policy imposed on Sakho look like a potential error on reflection.

The club seem unwilling to resolve Matip and Sakho with money even in a transfer window so Lucas, who I now genuinely think wants away at last, will probably be stuck here until the summer when Im assuming FSG will crawl from under a stone and offer up a transfer kitty for Kloppo.

3 players caught up in up in this and Joe Gomez is our saviour, a rookie whos still in rehabilitation.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:20 pm

parchpea » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:12 pm wrote:No clue has to how this hs suddenly fallen on us as an issue with Matip here since the summer but its really poor, and its making the no way back policy imposed on Sakho look like a potential error on reflection.

The club seem unwilling to resolve Matip and Sakho with money even in a transfer window so Lucas, who I now genuinely think wants away at last, will probably be stuck here until the summer when Im assuming FSG will crawl from under a stone and offer up a transfer kitty for Kloppo.

3 players caught up in up in this and Joe Gomez is our saviour, a rookie whos still in rehabilitation.

Lucas' contract expires in the summer. The only reason he now wants to leave is because he wants to find another club that will pay him £80k a week. If it wasn't for that, he'd happily be stuck here for the next few years.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:21 pm

redshade » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:40 pm wrote:Load of bollox for a friggin mickey mouse competition.

This is just pathetic.
So basically if nothing is done he could potentially miss 6-7 games.

This is totally unacceptable and we should resolve it today not tomorrow.
We should have our legal wnker's to pick up the phone and get the release note tonight. Stop all this time wasting and so called confusion.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Give them a ring mate - you make it sound so easy....................
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:57 pm

The Cameroon authorities are deliberately putting this off to get the player back for having the audacity to turn his country down.
Franky000

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Franky000 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:57 pm wrote:The Cameroon authorities are deliberately putting this off to get the player back for having the audacity to turn his country down.

Exactly, the club has been trying to contact the Cameroonian FA but what can LFC do if Cameroonian officials refuse to acknowledge their calls.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:16 pm

If only Sakho didn't fek up.

We missed Matip for Manc match and i was confident he will play against Chelsea.
Still got time but its looking grim.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:10 am

devaney » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:50 pm wrote:Give them a ring mate - you make it sound so easy....................

When i'll be an LFC legal department employee i'll do much more then that...I'm not saying we are responsible for this fkc up but why do need to handle this in the last minute???? Matip status is a new thing? Scouting is a mess ,Physio is a mess ,Contract negotiations is a mess and now this legal Krap...A lot of people employed by this fine organization are not doing their Job.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:18 am

I don't know the legal "in's and out's" BUT What if Matip just announced he was retiring from international football ? Surely a country can't then demand that a player makes himself available ?

In the future should he want to play for his country again Matip would of course be free to reverse his decision, as other players have done.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion