Joe Gomez Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:08 pm

JC_81 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:02 pm wrote:Haven't seen any of our pre-season games other than highlights Yakka. But I've picked Gomez in my fantasy football team on your recommendation!

Looks like he'll start at Stoke and everyone seems to have been impressed with him in preseason. Looking forward to watching him.

Thanks for reminding me to do that. Is anyone making a newkit league this season?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:57 pm

Hey guys.  I 've got no desktop so posting is rare for me.  I will start the FF league tonight.  You will most likely be given the option to join as soon as you create your team.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:05 pm

The Good Yank » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:57 pm wrote:Hey guys.  I 've got no desktop so posting is rare for me.  I will start the FF league tonight.  You will most likely be given the option to join as soon as you create your team.

Good to hear from you again GY. Look forward to your FF league.   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:37 am

Anyone else wrapped with his debut? For an 18 year old, he is a dead set beast.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:58 am

Joe Gomez Vs Stoke

100% tackles won
8 clearences
2 aerial dules won
2 interceptions
1 key pass

Source Squawka Football

18 years old on his Premier League debut. 

We COULD have a right player on our hands here
Kopite-Jud

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:30 am

Good start from the young lad in hoping he continues to perform well. We may be sort for a good few years dor our full back positions.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:40 pm

I thought Gomez struggled a bit to be honest. He gave it his all and for a premier league debut from a highly inexperienced player he/we should be proud of the effort and performance. However, he couldnt cope with Walters and needed to be abiled out more than once. The LB slot is a worry atm and while Gomez will get another shot at the role, I'm not sure hes the answer just yet.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Tackling wise he was superb

positionally he was awful

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:51 pm

aCe' » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:40 am wrote:I thought Gomez struggled a bit to be honest. He gave it his all and for a premier league debut from a highly inexperienced player he/we should be proud of the effort and performance. However, he couldnt cope with Walters and needed to be abiled out more than once. The LB slot is a worry atm and while Gomez will get another shot at the role, I'm not sure hes the answer just yet.

Agree with this. I felt they saw he was our biggest liability and went after him, and almost capitalized on more than one occasion. Can't blame him or expect too much, but we need to be a little more realistic.

I still feel Moreno could do a job. Very young and showed at times his ability last year. For me, he should be our starter.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:20 pm

ethanr » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:51 pm wrote:
aCe' » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:40 am wrote:I thought Gomez struggled a bit to be honest. He gave it his all and for a premier league debut from a highly inexperienced player he/we should be proud of the effort and performance. However, he couldnt cope with Walters and needed to be abiled out more than once. The LB slot is a worry atm and while Gomez will get another shot at the role, I'm not sure hes the answer just yet.

Agree with this. I felt they saw he was our biggest liability and went after him

Yeah Stoke were knocking a lot of crossfield balls in his general direction to see if anything would break their way and once or twice it did. As others have said for an 18 year old with only 17 pro starts to his name (and they were in the lower leagues) he did remarkably well but it wasn't quite as faultless a performance as those stats would suggest.
He's going to be a phenominal player but he's still got a lot to learn yet, Walters is a tricky customer but he's no David Silva, Eden Hazard or even Kevin Mirallas.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Billy_5_Times » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Gomez was boss in pre-season and bar the odd little mistake, was boss against Stoke.

On debut, in an unfamiliar position, on his weaker side against a seasoned-pro like Walters, in a difficult away match to Stoke, he did more than well enough. f*cking great performance from the lad.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:49 pm

This kid is the real deal..!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:12 pm

He's only 18 and 3 months !    :ghostface:  :ghostface:

Once he and Clyne cement their places we could have a hell of a partnership going forward. Fingers crossed.

Bl**dy Rodgers and that transfer committee.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:27 pm

He had a funny game yesterday I thought, he started off okay but then had a bit of a dodgy spell where he gave away possession in dangerous area's and looked a bit suspect positionally. Just as I was thinking Brendan needs to get Moreno on here the lad rallied and finished the game really well.
In particular I thought he really stepped up to the plate in that little period where the rest of the team were running out of gas (Emre Can too).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:35 pm

Yakka, he's only turned 18, what do you expect??!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion