International player watch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:49 pm

red37 wrote:Listen to the atmosphere in the Scotland v Ukraine match, as opposed to the England game. Even before England registered, it is highly embarrassing to hear those 'oompah' bands playing the same s.*i*e over and over..."Engerland...Rule Brittania..Great escape...Ring of bloody fire!!!" thats ours!

Then listen to the crowd north o' the border...no comparison.

Possibly as a result of the fact that Scotland's players aren't all self-obsessed, fairy-headed nancyboys.

There's no link between the England players and the fans.

And FWIW, I imagine that if the knobhead who plays that tune were Scottish, and played it at a Scotland match, he'd quite rightly have his trumpet irreparably thrust up his bottom.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:51 pm

Why are the england fans suddenly singing ring of fire? its rather annoying to hear them doing it! :angry:
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:52 pm

Gerrard's starting to look more like his usual self.  Knocked a few good balls round, picking out runs well and generally looks energetic and up for the game! Lets hope he gets a goal (and doesnt pick up the injury) to carry some form with him through into our premiership campaign!  Havent seen him busting a gut to win the ball off the opposition since the chelsea game.
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:59 pm

1st half

England 3 Estonia 0

Scotland 2 Ukraine 1
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:59 pm

Zi-Dan Agger wrote:Gerrard's starting to look more like his usual self.  Knocked a few good balls round, picking out runs well and generally looks energetic and up for the game! Lets hope he gets a goal (and doesnt pick up the injury) to carry some form with him through into our premiership campaign!  Havent seen him busting a gut to win the ball off the opposition since the chelsea game.

How about McLaren takes him off and puts Lampard on...seeing as though the points are now a foregone conclusion.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:03 pm

Yes, id agree with that but McClaren came out and said that if the points were secured he'd look to take off Rio (which he has) and the two Cole's.  I reallt dont think he gives a :censored:k about Gerrards domestic form, although it would make sense for him to rest him for the Russia game.  But hey, we'l soon see...
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:29 pm

I think Gerrards been very average upto now, should have been given a rest second half same as Ferdinand.
account deleted by request

Postby matrix » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:05 pm

did you hear the fans booing....    when fat takeway lamps came on...  :D

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:32 pm

s@int wrote:I think Gerrards been very average upto now, should have been given a rest second half same as Ferdinand.

I don't think he was average IMO, He had a good game but showed some poor decisions in a few cases (especially at the end when he should have scored and not pass the ball to Joe Cole).
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Torres 2007 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:26 pm

Gerrard always looks a shadow of himself for England. Almost as if he can't be ars*d.

Every time.
Any explanation?
Torres 2007

Postby maguskwt » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:44 pm

Torres 2007 wrote:Gerrard always looks a shadow of himself for England. Almost as if he can't be ars*d.

Every time.
Any explanation?

better than if he's a shadow of himself for his club...

on a more serious note his fascial expressions lately show that he's toiling in our games as well as this england match... and during the world cup... he just doesn't seem to be full of energy right now... and my guess is that he's played too many games...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:32 pm

Mascherano is playing now on SSP1 so is Mark Gonzalles for Chille :D and Hyypia played a full game for Finland, and thank god Babel only played 10 minutes in terrible conditions in Romania.

Babel lost his place in the starting line up to Robben cause its been the second time he has slept in on the day of a game.

http://www.nu.nl/news....ts.html

Fingers crossed no one has been injured in the other games.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:26 pm

Forever_Red wrote:Why are the england fans suddenly singing ring of fire? its rather annoying to hear them doing it! :angry:

FFS, The Spanish TV chose Rings of fire for the end of match highlights, I wonder whether it was a coincidence or a tribute to the reds, because it's hardly a song that has been listened  here.

Reina did not play against Denmark. Liverpool is a huge team, and as Spain, is not a one-man team, I hope we beat Everton without Torres because of that.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:33 pm

Sabre wrote:
Forever_Red wrote:Why are the england fans suddenly singing ring of fire? its rather annoying to hear them doing it! :angry:

FFS, The Spanish TV chose Rings of fire for the end of match highlights, I wonder whether it was a coincidence or a tribute to the reds, because it's hardly a song that has been listened  here.

Reina did not play against Denmark. Liverpool is a huge team, and as Spain, is not a one-man team, I hope we beat Everton without Torres because of that.

yes... totally agree...

liverpool shouldn't be too reliant on one player even though I'm glad that we got star players like torres, gerrard, etc. That was the mistake of Houllier's team... relying on owen too much.

hopefully Kuyt and Alonso will come back from their respective injuries and put in an inspiring performance... not to mention gerrard...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:21 pm

Torres is going to take the plane to Liverpool in a half an hour.

According to the AS journo he refuses to overrule himself for the Everton derby, so it seems it's not sure he won't play.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion