How did roy do this transfer window?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

How did roy do this transfer window?

He did extremely well: we will be up there challenging for the title
5%
He did well: we will at least be in the top 4
20%
He did OKAY: we brought in two good players but still no striker, we might struggle to finish 4th
56%
He didn't do well: not bringing another striker is a big mistake, we will improve from last season's position, probably 6th
17%
He failed: WTF still no striker? mid-table mediocrity here we come
2%

Total votes : 88

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:45 pm

Top 4?  I see the happy-clappy brigade are out early this year !! :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Under the circumstances I think he did Ok to did well and I honestly think we have the squad to achieve top four.  But the club situation cannot simply be ignored and it is an albatross around our necks.

I do think the pressure of winning the league will not be with us this year as we just want to get into the top four by hook or by crook and its evident that our players suffer from the pressure of the league.  So Im weirdly optimistic as we have an excellent spine.

Not getting a striker will haunt us if Torres gets injured and needs time to get back in the swing but if he stays injury free then any other striker will just sit on the bench so it is a problem.  Maybe we could use 4-2-3-1 with Torres and 442 without him as Kuyt and Jovanovic/Ngog/Maxi could do a job.

Cole and Meireles are quality players so no gripes there

I dont like Konchesky but maybe that solid decent left back is what we need so am positive about that signing

I just cant help thinking that keeping Aqua and Insua would have been better than loaning them out

Overall Im happy/very happy considering the circumstances and I dont think we can really judge Hodgson till about November
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:15 pm

hes done rubbish he should of signed a striker first  kept aqua and got a left back. Instead he buys more of the same that we already got. Why keep babbel maxi and lucas useless.  Where the goals are gona come from because nando see much of the ball. I predict a boring 0-0 draw at birmingham.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby rocky29 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:18 pm

rocky29 wrote:hes done rubbish he should of signed a striker first  kept aqua and got a left back. Instead he buys more of the same that we already got. Why keep babbel maxi and lucas useless.  Where the goals are gona come from because nando see much of the ball. I predict a boring 0-0 draw at birmingham.

i meant to say a proper left back not konshitty before u start.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby rocky29 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:17 am

bigmick wrote:
rocky29 wrote:dont worry pal you were right. Apparently aqua had to endure an 6 hour medical at juventus and there medical staff said after that his ankle was in perfect condition. Thats clever we spend all that time and money. Then finally whens hes finally fit we ship him out. Good business sense that is matey.

It's not his ankle which is the problem though fella, we know that's 100%. It's his ticker which is the problem, and his stomach. He's got neither for the battle.

i heard houlliers first job at villa is to send stephen ireland out on loan cos he carnt kick a ball straight?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:07 am

:laugh: Rocky, you are a pleb son. You don't call Liverpool players names like Koncshitsky either mate, not on.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:14 pm

Just reading on the lfc.tv site that Roy is planning to give Pacheco the chance to play up front, as well as give Babel the chance to prove he can forge a career with LFC. Now, granted Babel can and has played there...but Pacheco as a lone front man ? Is this one of the reasons he didn't aggressively pursue a striker ? I bloody well hope not....
Bad call Roy if that's the case...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby TarnRed » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:54 am

rocky29 wrote:hes done rubbish he should of signed a striker first  kept aqua and got a left back. Instead he buys more of the same that we already got. Why keep babbel maxi and lucas useless.  Where the goals are gona come from because nando see much of the ball. I predict a boring 0-0 draw at birmingham.

What a crank.

Aquilani has gone, deal with it !! We have signed Meireles whom I doubt won't suffer from a bout of bellyache every couple of weeks, and he'll also contribute a whole lot more than Aquilani did over the season - tracking back, breaking down play, supporting the attack, midfield and defence, he can also play in a few positions, he'll get stuck in  on and on.

Do you feel some man love for pretty boy Aqua cos it fecking seems that way. :talktothehand

And calling Liverpool players names, some supporter you are. :p

P.S Last season scoring goals wasn't a problem, it was creating chances to score goals. You must have watched the season blindfolded, oh and you must have typed the post above with a blindfold on and one arm tied behind your back. In future please engage your brain before bouncing your fingers on the keyboard, it works wonders - Gimp.
TarnRed

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:13 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Just reading on the lfc.tv site that Roy is planning to give Pacheco the chance to play up front, as well as give Babel the chance to prove he can forge a career with LFC. Now, granted Babel can and has played there...but Pacheco as a lone front man ? Is this one of the reasons he didn't aggressively pursue a striker ? I bloody well hope not....
Bad call Roy if that's the case...

who said Pach is gonna be alone? he could be partnered with Torres. and i think its a good move by Roy. he seems to have more faith in the youngsters.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:57 am

I agree that if Pacheco is given a chance to play up front it will most likely be as a support striker rather than the lone striker role. That means Gerrard and Meireless might partner in CM which to me might not be a bad idea. Cole on the right and Jovanovic on the left.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:17 am

Apparently we've now got a bunch of uneducated uninterested fans who are more comfortable discussing politics than they are discussing football... This place is becoming boring as fck and Mick i gotta be honest, i salute you for coming back and attempting to discuss and argue with some of the idiots down here... beyond help most of them are !

When it comes to the transfer window, on paper we seemingly improved the side to a large extent given what was available..
Some of the additions (namely Meireles and Joe Cole) could transform the side into title contenders if they hit the ground running and perform to the best of their abilities..

Ultimately for me, Roy made the right moves in the transfer market (signing backup striker aside) and it all comes down to how he handles the players at his disposal on matchday,,, With the right tactics and approach we'll improve drastically from last year and could very well end up in a top4 position come end of the season..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:11 am

aCe' wrote:Apparently we've now got a bunch of uneducated uninterested fans who are more comfortable discussing politics than they are discussing football...

How is discussing politics uneducated?
Until the club is sorted out off the pitch, we can get back to discussing football but at this very important time the club finds itself in the football takes a back seat surely?

The sale of the club is on the manager, fans, and players minds as we approach the 6th of October.

Thats not being uneducated thats facing reality !!!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:05 pm

bigmick wrote: :laugh: Rocky, you are a pleb son. You don't call Liverpool players names like Koncshitsky either mate, not on.

eggnog :laugh:

Mick you are a great poster but if you were a boxer you would throw a punch while leaving your hands down :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:35 pm

Ciggy wrote:
aCe' wrote:Apparently we've now got a bunch of uneducated uninterested fans who are more comfortable discussing politics than they are discussing football...

How is discussing politics uneducated?
Until the club is sorted out off the pitch, we can get back to discussing football but at this very important time the club finds itself in the football takes a back seat surely?

The sale of the club is on the manager, fans, and players minds as we approach the 6th of October.

Thats not being uneducated thats facing reality !!!

I honestly admire your passion
Can I ask what you are doing personally to get rid of the yanks?
Thommo's perm

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:34 pm

taff wrote:
bigmick wrote::laugh: Rocky, you are a pleb son. You don't call Liverpool players names like Koncshitsky either mate, not on.

eggnog :laugh:

Mick you are a great poster but if you were a boxer you would throw a punch while leaving your hands down :D

Fair enough Taff although Eggnog is a play on words and not actually calling the player "sh!t" as this lad was.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion