Houllier's transfers - Transfers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redulike » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:53 am

Every time you fella's discuss Houllier's transfers the anti-Houllier mob cite the players he's let go as evidence of his incompetence. The latest example of this is Owzat criticising the release of Fowler, Anelka, Litmanen and Berger.

If these players are so good how come Fowler and Anelka are the leading strikers for a team getting sucked into the relegation battle, Berger has spent most of the season injured and Litmanen is hardly setting the world alight.

Others who apparently should never have been let go include Redknapp who great player that he is when fit is never fit.

Don't get me wrong Houllier lost my support when he played Henchoz as right-back but be fair letting go these players who were generally past thier best or in the case of Anelka unpredictable in nature was never a mistake.

As far as future transfers are concerned Cisse is a good prospect but I would have to say a centre-back and right mid are more important right now.

Morgans money would allow signings in all areas but he's a guy who backs Keegan for manager (he who signed Houlliers rejects and is leading toward the relegation fight) Believes the club should be listed on the stock exchange and supports the groundshare. Do you really want him to have more of a say in the club.

Forget the "he's one of ours cr#p". Do you have 350 mill? No didn't think so neither do I so he is most definitely one of them. Money in footbal is so big loyalty doesn't count for much.

Examples:

Kenyon - Life long Man U supporter heads straight to Chelsea for the right price and he'd of come to Liverpool or gone to city if offered the Money.

Scott Parker - Made by Charlton and yet for the right price will leave them in the lurch mid-season to sit on Chelseas bench.

If somebody paid me 10 mill to support Man U I'd be off.

Cheers

Nice to meet you

Bye
Redulike

Postby Puddy Heskey » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:19 am

If someone payed me 10 quid to play for united id be off.
Puddy Heskey

Postby Woollyback » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:45 am

If I got paid £10 to play for Man U I'd spend it on a good blindfold so I wouldn't have to look at the Nevilles.

Anyway, Redulike, you're wrong - Anelka & Fowler are only s##t cos they've got 9 amateurs playing behind them. Litmanen was just what we needed when we could defend all day long but didn't have any imagination to unlock the opposition. And as for loyalty going down the pan if Morgan gets on the board I'd swap loyalty for the premiership any day. It's time for a lot of people to wise up to the fact that football has changed and if we don't adapt to the changing climate we'll get left behind.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:21 pm

Redulike wrote:Every time you fella's discuss Houllier's transfers the anti-Houllier mob cite the players he's let go as evidence of his incompetence. The latest example of this is Owzat criticising the release of Fowler, Anelka, Litmanen and Berger.

If these players are so good how come Fowler and Anelka are the leading strikers for a team getting sucked into the relegation battle, Berger has spent most of the season injured

***** if that is the "latest", it must have been quite a while ago cause I don't even remember mentioning Litmanen.

Why are City in a relegation dogfight? Well if you're going to single out Fowler who has been missing through injury then you need to do a bit more research. Anelka has been awesome, the perpetual problem with City is their defence

04. Liverpool - GF 42, GA 31
16. Man City - GF 41, GA 42

Do thy research first .............  :;):

re: Berger - being injured does not make him a bad player, he was doing quite well beforehand
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:24 pm

yeah anelka's scored 21 goals for man city this season. unfortunately, they've got a defence real madrid would be proud of.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion