Hello my wonderful friends - Finally i get to say thanks

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby hello_red » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:50 am

Ive just read every post on this thread. Truly amazing. A friend of mine recently got diagnosed with brain cancer. His name is Pete, he recently turned 21 years old. He is doing well, he is recovering.

Sorry this is about Phil.

Didnt know the man but he had passion for what he loved be it his wife and kids or Liverpool. That is all you need, passion is a wonderful thing.

RIP brother, a fellow musician!

Peace
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby chrisrafman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:13 am

A true fighter! A true Red! RIP! An inspiration. The boys in the dressing room will be proud of you. Im totally sure that the memories of this moving thread you started will live forever, my life is taking a nose dive but youre words and the belief in Liverpool FC are the inspiration i need to help. I really wish id known you Phil. YNWA
The devil on the badge represents the equality of manchester united with satan and his many demoish minions downstairs. just like the many twisted devil worshipers accross the world it means you have to posess the same sick minded mentality to follow that pathetic excuse for a football team.
chrisrafman

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:50 am

Never knew u phil , but ur courage and your ability to fight when most would give up is truely amazing and is and inspiration to all . YNWA RIP phil
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:24 pm

I just read through the posts in this thread and have to say I'm truly touched. RIP
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby mrsDrummerphil » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:43 am

THIS THREAD WAS STARTED BY PHIL AND CONTAINS HIS DEEPEST FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS BUT ALSO HIS WIT AND SENSE OF HUMOUR - I HAVE CHOOSEN TO SHARE WITH YOU AN EMAIL THAT PHIL SENT TO ME - JUST ONE OF MANY WAYS HE SAID GOODBYE..................

SENT: 21 JULY 2006

SUBJECT: ONLY ME

I LOVE YOU KAREN, I ALWAYS WILL,

WHY I'VE BEEN GIVEN THIS AWFUL ILLNESS GOD ONLY KNOWS.

THE THOUGHT OF LOSING YOU TEARS AT MY SOUL, BUT TOGETHER WE CAN BE STRONG AND FIGHT WHATEVER MAY COME.

LIFE CAN BE A NIGHTMARE AND WE HAVE HAD OUR SHARE OF THOSE.

WHENEVER MY TIME HAS COME AND WE HAVE TO SAY GOODBYE.

REMEMBER I TAKE YOU WITH ME FOREVER AND EVER.

LOVE YOU SWEETHEART.

THE BLOKE WITH THE DODGY STRETCHMARKS UPSTAIRS.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
mrsDrummerphil

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:52 am

Whenever I go I would like to share the same as phil did. To die with a loving family forever at my side. He has long since died but in all our hearts he hasnt really, he is still here. All the best karen.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:21 am

mrsDrummerphil wrote:THIS THREAD WAS STARTED BY PHIL AND CONTAINS HIS DEEPEST FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS BUT ALSO HIS WIT AND SENSE OF HUMOUR - I HAVE CHOOSEN TO SHARE WITH YOU AN EMAIL THAT PHIL SENT TO ME - JUST ONE OF MANY WAYS HE SAID GOODBYE..................

THE THOUGHT OF LOSING YOU TEARS AT MY SOUL, BUT TOGETHER WE CAN BE STRONG AND FIGHT WHATEVER MAY COME.

LOVE YOU SWEETHEART.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

thanks karen for sharing this private letter with us...

my dad passed away 2 days before phil...

all the best karen i hope the kids are doing ok...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:15 am

mrsDrummerphil wrote:THIS THREAD WAS STARTED BY PHIL AND CONTAINS HIS DEEPEST FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS BUT ALSO HIS WIT AND SENSE OF HUMOUR - I HAVE CHOOSEN TO SHARE WITH YOU AN EMAIL THAT PHIL SENT TO ME - JUST ONE OF MANY WAYS HE SAID GOODBYE..................

LOVE YOU SWEETHEART.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

All the best Karen.

Thinking of you.

Drummerphil & Mrs Drummerphil  :bowdown

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby mrsDrummerphil » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:24 am

matrix wrote:

LOVE YOU SWEETHEART.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

thanks karen for sharing this private letter with us...

my dad passed away 2 days before phil...

all the best karen i hope the kids are doing ok...

So sorry Matrix, my thoughts and blessings to you, and Leon and Bad Bob for which these times are hard, to everyone that as ever lost a loved one.

Take Care

xx
mrsDrummerphil

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:08 pm

Thanks so much for sharing that, Karen.  Another reminder of what a top bloke Phil was.  I was late to this place, when Phil was already posting less due to his illness and I regret not having more of a chance to interact with him.  When he did post, though, he lit up the place and we're all the poorer for his passing.  If he could do that on an internet message board, I can only imagine how much of an impact he had on those around him in real life.

Rest in peace, Phil.  Gone but never forgotten.

Walk on Karen (and family)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:20 am

Happy birthday mate!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrsDrummerphil » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:13 am

fivecups wrote:Happy birthday mate!

May it be a goal smashing of a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:buttrock  :hearts  :bowdown  :hearts
mrsDrummerphil

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:02 am

Happy birthday to drummerphil, still missed by us all.

Now lets get a great result for him today, i am sure if he is watching he would be as nervous and excited as we all are.

Thanks for letting us all know as well Karen xx

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:18 am

Happy birthday Phil, lets hope the footballing gods look down on us today and we beat these.

Take care Karen xx
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:34 am

drummerphil wrote:Good morning everyone Drummerphil here, not totally in sound mind,but neverless here.Its been a very difficult time these last 6-12 weeks,since I came out of hospital.Medically things have gradually got worse and the weakness and constant pain i’m in is far and above anything I;ve experienced ever before.I have 3 areas of pain in my brain which never go and I’m living on very strong doses of morphine among 46 other tablets I take daily.The last 3 weeks have been the worse, I’ve collapsed 3 times because my legs have lost all strength when I’ve tried to stand up and my speech and eye sight are shocking.Karen and I get married in 3 weeks time ,we are getting married with me in bed here,the vicar,the cancer/palative nurse and two witnesses.Thats it…. no family,friends  because mentally I couldn’t take it.
Emotionally I’ve had it and spend most nights lying here, crying either in pain,thinking about Karen and the kids or both.I was given 6-12 months in April if you remember and if you look at things officially from that 4 months has already gone.I am fighting as much as I can do but by god I cant do anymore than what I’m doing.Scared,frightened and a total mental wreck is what I’ve become.Please bear with me when I can get on here my concentration levels are nil,eyesight is :censored: and I’m trying my best.It was quite frightening on Tuesday when I overheard the cancer nurse telling Karen even though we get married in 3 weeks,maybe we should bring it forward abit,because how she saw me then I’ve got much worse and might not make it………….3 WEEKS…..Now that is frightening.I have felt a bit better today but still very ill and it will still be 3 weeks and nothing will stop that.I will carry on doing everything possible to beat this but by god my dear friends its so hard and a battle I would wish on none of you.Its taken me since 7am this morning to write this,but I know one or two of you guys have been asking for updates.
As for Liverpool not seen a lot because of obvious reasons,and when I have, what can I say apart from very disappointed .I know we have played a lot of young players and players new to the set up etc etc…….but no LIVERPOOL TEAM should ever be losing 5 nil to teams of that quality,especially with us having a CL Game coming and the charity shield coming.We have a better all round squad,a more offensive and pacey attack and it bothers me that players like Traore and Diao  are anywhere near the UK let alone still at Liverpool.I sure Rafa will sort it out he has too and soon,was I the only one when Rafa said he had bought a hobb last year it was a new cooker for his kitchen,because he certainly aint a footballer.
Any goodbye from me until I’m able again.I’m in such a state right now I cant really see anyone I,ve even told family to keep away and because of my speech there is no point and I’m highly embaressed by it.Anyone is quite free to email Karen (mrsdrummerphil) or ask jmac for her number.

Every year I read this thread to realise how lucky I am and every time I break down at this part. My missus came in earlier and saw the tears in my eyes and asked why, so I showed her. She left early on so she wouldnt join me. What happened to phil was cr@p, I cannot imagine the pain the poor fella went through, and I really dont want to empathise the pain Karen has had to live with.  All I know is this, Phil is missed, and the fact that Karen is still here being positive for Phil, for his team, for his kids and indeed for herself is a true testament for the man himself. I dont think I could ever find the strength ever to share it in the way he has.

Forever missed Phil, thanks for the 4-1 !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion