Gerrard to Rangers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:16 pm

Really surprised if reports are true and hes taken the Rangers job with McAllister as assistant.

Accept hes ambitious but unless Rangers have somehow come into money it will be a hiding to nothing.

Ok you have to start somewhere but I sesnse his managerial career could be over before hes got started.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:31 pm

parchpea » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:16 am wrote:Really surprised if reports are true and hes taken the Rangers job with McAllister as assistant.

Accept hes ambitious but unless Rangers have somehow come into money it will be a hiding to nothing.

Ok you have to start somewhere but I sesnse his managerial career could be over before hes got started.

Has he deffo taken the job?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:17 pm

Not as far as I know he hasnt but the number of reports suggest its on, time to reconsider  :nod
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:22 pm

Rangers are currently 5-0 down at Parkhead with over half an hour still to go, unless Rangers's board back him with significant funds Gerrard would be crazy to go there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:49 pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ee-issues/

You guys are so negative!

He'll have full support from the fans and Scottish sport in general, he doesn't have a team so starting with Gary Mac is putting his toe into the water but more importantly he's taking on a CHALLENGE, the first step in a career. If he has taken it then best of luck to him and hopefully one day we might see him at Anfield. Personally i don't think he's ready but there you go.

Another angle, if ever he needs advice he can call Rafa, Jurgen, Kenny, even Capello etc.. ... he's worked with them all and has stacks of goodwill should he need it - which manager wouldn't help him - even Maureen would offer advice I'm sure. First job - put a team together.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:55 pm

I've only got love and respect to our CAPTAIN - but the Rangers job is a bit of a poisoned chalice at the moment...
The only good thing that could come of it is IF Gerrard was to beat Celtic (at Celtic Park) and / or win a domestic cup.
Other than that... IMO It's doomed.
---
Stay at home lad - USA offered nothing but a retirement fund before getting home sick.
His managerial career needs to start on the right foot.
---
... I Mean - take away the Sky Sports contract and who the F@#k is Gary Neville? His reputation or potential of being a manager is pretty much over without it even getting started!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:47 pm

It is a good opportunity for Gerrard to kick start his managerial career. It is not going to be easy because Celtic are taking the mick in that league and are far away from the rest. It is like City dominating for 7 years non stop winning everything.

I guess for SG his task would be to try and keep close to them as possible. Imo if he wants to pursue his coaching career than it is a decent start. Yes he hasn't got the experience but he has to start from somewhere. If he does take the job i hope he does well.

Who knows if he does have success maybe he can take over after Klopp. :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:34 pm

Gerrard was never a "clever" player as his strength was always drive, passion and raw talent, as a captain he led by example not vocally. Generally the ex players that made good managers were clever players/good organizers (mostly not so talented) that played their position well so my gut feeling tells me he will not be great manager material. Most great managers were not great players and the ex players that did find success were groomed into the role and inherit a great team ( similar to Dalglish). I hope I am wrong.

I'd say Carrager has a better chance of being a good manager that Gerrard.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:07 pm

Think he'd be better off in an English league too be honest. The SPL is a joke, period. Nothing to be gained up there
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby only me » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:09 pm

Greedy Bstard :D
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:21 am

Reg » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:49 pm wrote:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/28/steven-gerrard-will-next-rangers-manager-providing-three-issues/

You guys are so negative!

He'll have full support from the fans and Scottish sport in general, he doesn't have a team so starting with Gary Mac is putting his toe into the water but more importantly he's taking on a CHALLENGE, the first step in a career. If he has taken it then best of luck to him and hopefully one day we might see him at Anfield. Personally i don't think he's ready but there you go.

Another angle, if ever he needs advice he can call Rafa, Jurgen, Kenny, even Capello etc.. ... he's worked with them all and has stacks of goodwill should he need it - which manager wouldn't help him - even Maureen would offer advice I'm sure. First job - put a team together.

In a way... he's got nothing to lose and everything to gain...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:19 pm

I doubt he would take this job anyway, even if the offer was REAL>!

LFC is the best place for him. LFC through and through.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 02, 2018 12:09 am

If he takes the job then fair play to him and it should be with the clubs blessing.

Its just about a step up from what he's currently at but if he really feels he is ready then its a good place to start.  As history goes they are probably due a title in the next year or two anyway.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed May 02, 2018 1:00 am

Ghost of Shankly » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:19 pm wrote:I doubt he would take this job anyway, even if the offer was REAL>!

LFC is the best place for him. LFC through and through.

I disagree, he needs to get out of LFC and learn his trade. How will he ever be exposed to new ideas, methods, styles and issues/problems/view points if he stays at LFC which he joined at the age of 14?

Just imagine what he could contribute and lern if he spent 2-3 years on the coaching staff at Benfica, Atletico, Dortmund etc.. or even No2 at Southampton.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed May 02, 2018 6:06 am

I really hope he makes it as a world class manager and I especially hope that he will be good enough to manage Liverpool to glory because he is truly a club legend. He has to earn that though as his skill as a player has nothing to do with his skill as a manager but Rangers would be a tough test and offer good insight into his footballing philosophy. If he gets it I hope he succeeds.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion