no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:29 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
neil wrote:lets win it ! did forest win the old thing? did anyone from this country ?

I think Zico took us apart when we played Flamengo,he was boss:p

Im just doing a bit of research and it says the first one was in 2000  ???

here's the link

The way it works is that it used to be the Intercontinental cup betweent the champions of South America and Europe, in 2000 they experimented with teams from all confederations and multiple from south america for some reason and it was an unremitigated disaster so they returned to the intercontinental cup but last year was the final year of it and they're experimenting with a rejigged version of the one that was played in 2000
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Afroman » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:46 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:LFC will win the World Championship.

:buttrock  :buttrock
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:16 pm

Liverpool cannot drop out of the World Club competition: FIFA have warned them that if they do, there would be "serious repercussions".

The Championship will undoubtedly be a major headache as although we (hopefully) will have concluded the first group stage of the Champions League, December in England is a CRUCIAL time in the league and we will undoubtedly suffer.

It will be interesting to see if the FA gives us the same dispensation as Man UTD got in January 2000, given that England have now ruled out bidding for the World Cup for the next 20 years or so.

The logical solution will be for Liverpool to play a reserve side in the League Cup (like last year) and the Premiership allows Liverpool a break at some stage by re-arranging the fixture list.

However, whatever way we look at it, Liverpool will have a serious fixture congestion this season.

From a marketing point of view our participation in the World Championship will be positive and we'll make a few bob on it, as merchandising should benefit as well as bonuses from sponsors. It will also put the club's brand name in the Japanese shop window, 5 months after the club were forced to pull out of the summer Japanese tour.

I can't see us taking it very seriously and although FIFA and our sponsors will put pressure on us to field a full team, I think the likes of Sissoko, Potter, Pongolle, Carson, Le Tallec and Warnock will feature prominently in the Far East.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby neilE » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:26 pm

The first game ought to relatively easy. Sydney or a Costa Rican shouldn't really trouble us, so the 2nd string players could do that one leaving the 1st choice players for the final. I know its a long way and the travel can't help, but for me there's far more positives than negatives. Looking forward to it!
neilE

Postby neil » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:46 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:
neil wrote:lets win it ! did forest win the old thing? did anyone from this country ?

I think Zico took us apart when we played Flamengo,he was boss:p

Im just doing a bit of research and it says the first one was in 2000  ???

here's the link

The way it works is that it used to be the Intercontinental cup betweent the champions of South America and Europe, in 2000 they experimented with teams from all confederations and multiple from south america for some reason and it was an unremitigated disaster so they returned to the intercontinental cup but last year was the final year of it and they're experimenting with a rejigged version of the one that was played in 2000

thanks for fielding that one buddy
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:06 pm

To be honest I don't see why people want to drop this competition because it's 2 games because we come in at the semi-final stage and even if we lose the semi-final there is a 3rd place play-off. But it is highly unlikely that we will lose the semi-final anyway. Either way this is like an exhibition competition that has a trophy and some cash at the end of it. There's no harm in playing in it. Like 2 games is going to make a difference. And nobody can tell me players will be tired IMO players in this day and age have never been fitter. BRING ON THE WORLD!!!!!!!
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:14 pm

would you field a strong team then for the semi-final??? (even though opposition is weak)
i reckin we shud field a mediocre team for the semi-final, and if we win we should field a strong squad for the final because sao paolo are a hell of a team! i suppose it would be nice for us to get a trophy that no other british club has!!! (something else to show off to manure and neverton!)
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:31 pm

Shud be a gd trophy 2 win :D
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:34 pm

H_K_LFC wrote:Shud be a gd trophy 2 win :D

Yeh almost as good as the CL or EPL :D
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:37 pm

It would be a unique trophy to win, but I would prefer the CL or the EPL. :p
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:38 pm

skipper wrote:It would be a unique trophy to win, but I would prefer the CL or the EPL. :p

Who wouldn't   :D
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:40 pm

Has any one got a pic of the trophy?
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:59 am

here is a link to the trophy........
last champions of the trophy-corinthians.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?....rl=http
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:34 am

woollyback,i know your out there,please tell me how to start a new thread
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion