EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:49 pm

He was brilliant vs City but he's been appalling the last 2 games. He looks like a player that's head is at another place. Get Hendo back in, at least he'll be 100% up for the fight.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:02 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:49 pm wrote:He was brilliant vs City but he's been appalling the last 2 games. He looks like a player that's head is at another place. Get Hendo back in, at least he'll be 100% up for the fight.

This my problem with him, the inconsistency.  Against City, he put an outstanding performance in and then in the last 2 games he has been very poor. Thought he was woeful yesterday and Krychowiak was completely bossing him in central midfield. Guy obviously has the ability (the interest from Juve and Man City also shows that) but putting in top notches performances and then offering up ***** doesn't cut it at the big clubs and he needs to find consistency....although it's looking more and more likely that is not going to be our problem for much longer.
Doeboy

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:46 pm

Is Klopp giving him his place and the captaincy to persuade him to stay? Should he have to?
He either wants to be here or he doesnt?
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby ken_job » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:19 am

Can should be sold not given the captains armband. And if he can't be sold in the January window I would prefer he didn't play for LFC again
ken_job

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:48 pm

Sell now before Wednesday
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:31 pm

How is selling him before Wednesday going to help anything other than balance sheets. Are we not in enough trouble trying to cope with the loss of our best player without adding to it.
Sure why don't we just sell the lot of them and play the under 23's.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:42 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:31 pm wrote:How is selling him before Wednesday going to help anything other than balance sheets. Are we not in enough trouble trying to cope with the loss of our best player without adding to it.
Sure why don't we just sell the lot of them and play the under 23's.

That is a darn good idea!!!!!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ken_job » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:29 am

Can not signing a new contract is unforgivable in my opinion. Running his contract down with the aim of leaving for nothing doesn't benefit the club in any way, at least PC signed his contract extension and left us with a wad of cash to replace him with
ken_job

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:57 pm

Cans latest comments on 'wanting to play for a very big club' have left us with no doubts that he's leaving ,its now evident he sees himself good enough to hold down a place in one of the top four sides in European football ,based on his performances thus far I think this is a belief only he holds ,Liverpool fans will probably refer to Can as a talented player who at times can dominate a midfield for 45 mins and in the very next 45 show worrying lapses of concentration that allow the opposition back in the game.

I mean we all know the media have a particular proclivity for embellishing the most harmless of statements but there really is no dressing this up ,Emre Can wants out and these latest ill thought words will not go down well.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:19 pm

Don't begrudge him leaving to be honest. He's been quite open about the fact he won't sign a new deal for a while and has always given 100% on the field.

He's a good squad player, but not much else. Am pretty confident that Klopp will easily replace and upgrade on him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:49 am

I like Can and still believe he could go up a few gears but I'm excited about the possibility of Klopp bringing in his ideal number 6 which will take the team up a notch. Don't think either Can or Henderson and the ideal number 6 for our style of play. With Keita coming in too, our midfielder could be formidable if Klopp gets it right in the transfer market.
Eagle

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:47 pm

I don't see what the fuss is about. Can is an AVERAGE player, end of. He is not the replacement for stevie G that we have been waiting for. Keita is.

We could do with another good midfield signing also, maybe Lemar, who knows. Can and Hendo should then be offloaded.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:36 pm

I like Can and he's done a good job the last few years, but we are a team on the rise. He thinks he's leaving for better things but the harsh reality is we are improving as a team and it was inevitable that he would have been replaced if he stayed. Him leaving suits both party's perfectly. I want us to really go out and get a Alonso type player to play the no6 role..  Toni Kroos will do.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:01 pm

Problem with Can is its tough to figure out if hes going to be world class in next 5 years or on the scrapheap.

Incredibly difficult to judge, moments where he looks to be pushing on, but others he looks miles off the pace.

My thoughts are Liverpool have that dilemma and its not enough for Can, he is looking for the love and there seem to be a few decent outfits ready to offer him what he cant get at Anfield.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:08 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:36 pm wrote:. I want us to really go out and get a Alonso type player to play the no6 role..  Toni Kroos will do.

We need players in midfield like Alonso and Gerrard that have got that"cutting edge" killer through passes that can unlock defences. That is the missing piece of the Klopp Jigsaw we are missing. When we find a class player that can link the Midfield to the attack, then we can really challenge for the league title.
That and shoring up our defence, maybe a new goal keeper, then we will then believe we can win the league.

Hendo, Can, Milner, Wijnaldum and Ox, are not the answer unfortunately.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion