EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:09 am

redshade » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 am wrote:That's why we should have given him a contract with a clause as he wanted. That way we could have sold him for something at least. I don't understand why we are going to let him go on free when we could've got something out of it.

The club would rather have him leave than give him that buy-out clause. If we gave him what he wanted he wouldn't have wanted to leave now would he? I respect the fact that we're sticking to our guns and not giving in to Can's demands in order to set an example, but it doesn't really make sense if on the other hand we let Coutinho and Barca screw us in the a$$ and then let them brag about it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:44 am

damjan193 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:09 pm wrote: screw us in the a$$ and then let them brag about it.

If someone screwed my a$$ for 142 million I'd be bragging about it never mind them!!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:49 am

Reg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:44 am wrote:
damjan193 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:09 pm wrote: screw us in the a$$ and then let them brag about it.

If someone screwed my a$$ for 142 million I'd be bragging about it never mind them!!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

:laugh:   :laugh:   :bowdown

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:58 pm

redshade » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:24 am wrote:That's why we should have given him a contract with a clause as he wanted. That way we could have sold him for something at least. I don't understand why we are going to let him go on free when we could've got something out of it.

Then Firmino, Salah, Mane and later Van Dijk and Keita etc are going to demand the same high salary low release clause to extend their contract...it's a slippery slope
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Reg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:29 am wrote:RBG, in fairness Can hasn't demonstrated any of the skills you say he'll show during the world cup whilst at LFC. To me he's a journeyman without half the skills of former players. I'd rather have Bennyoon or Dirk Kuyt any day of the week. Can all fcking haircut and little contribution. :Oo:  What psses me off is we're not going to get paid for him.

Seriously Reg ? The manager will be more aggrieved about losing Can than the other worm that's just slithered out of Anfield   Fans are kidding themselves into believing he's useless ,the fella will be monstrous when he's playing in a midfield with the likes of Pjanic  Matuidi Marchisio and Costa ,I mean we were never going to see his real quality with Henderson and f*cking Milner partnering him  ??? 

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:57 pm

Keita will be a huge upgrade on Can who can be excellent at times but is very inconsistent and sloppy player, I don’t blame the club for not being held to ransom on his contract demands, he’s a good player not a great one. We need to replace him with a proper defensive midfielder to protect defenders because Henderson isn’t up to it.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:29 pm

Reg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:44 am wrote:

Hey, each to his own, I'm not judging :D

What I meant was both Coutinho and Barca played dirty and unprofessional IMO. The way players can engineer a move out of their club that they have a long term contract with is ridiculous for me. And the price wasn't £142m it was £106m, we don't know if we'll ever see the add-ons. That's only a few million more than what Barca paid for that 20 year old from Dortmund. Regardless, Coutinho is a priceless player and we should have never been bullied into selling, at least not in the middle of the season. For me that's screwing in the a$$ :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:13 pm

Reg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:44 am wrote:

:laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:20 pm

Santa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:58 am wrote:
redshade » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:24 am wrote:That's why we should have given him a contract with a clause as he wanted. That way we could have sold him for something at least. I don't understand why we are going to let him go on free when we could've got something out of it.

Then Firmino, Salah, Mane and later Van Dijk and Keita etc are going to demand the same high salary low release clause to extend their contract...it's a slippery slope

Yes it is. We can't dish out release clauses, otherwise we could lose half of our squad in a single window.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:30 pm

It doesn't make sense for us to allow him to walk away for nothing considering how much Klopp values him.  He hasn't turned out to be the player I wished he'd become but he is certainly good enough to be a starter in our side. This situation has been dragging on for far too long with no side giving way to the other and as a result of politics we lose a decent player.
What do we do with him now though ? I don't think he should have the privilege anymore where he is an automatic 1st choice and I would like to see Grujic get some minutes instead. Emre has unfortunately decided his future lies elsewhere whereas Marko can make a name for himself now if given a decent shot.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:46 pm

Him leaving would be a big loss. In the current market he'd easily be a 40-50mill player. He is far from the finished article but he has the potential to become a better player than Khedira. Also, he is significantly better than Henderson and isnt far from overtaking Wijnaldum imo; just needs to become a bit more intelligent in understanding his strengths and limitations.

If he leaves, Goretzka would be a good upgrade. And he's available on a free. Make him an offer he cant refuse.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:22 pm

I'm in two minds about this guy. A lot of people think he will improve into "world class", others not.

I tend to think generally though, that you can tell if a player is any good after half a season. Salah has already shown his worth/class in just five months. Can has been here a number of years and he just seems to lack that star quality. He seems to have just one gear, whereas Gerrard had many gears.

I don't think Emre Can is a game changing player, or a match winner, and we need more of those players.

Naby Keita will demonstrate exactly that, when he arrives next season.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:32 pm

damjan193 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:29 pm wrote:
Reg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:44 am wrote:

Hey, each to his own, I'm not judging :D

What I meant was both Coutinho and Barca played dirty and unprofessional IMO. The way players can engineer a move out of their club that they have a long term contract with is ridiculous for me. And the price wasn't £142m it was £106m, we don't know if we'll ever see the add-ons. That's only a few million more than what Barca paid for that 20 year old from Dortmund. Regardless, Coutinho is a priceless player and we should have never been bullied into selling, at least not in the middle of the season. For me that's screwing in the a$$ :D

Same can be said of our purchase of VVD. It's all perspective...  :;): at this day and age, why is anyone surprised and indignant by the way Coutinho left? Didn't Masherano refuse to play eons ago? Didn't Suarez? Didn't Torres? Didn't Alonso (well that one I really can't remember)...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Yeah mags, it was similar with us and VVD in the summer, but when we tried to do that it was all over the news, we almost got punished and at the end we had to apologise for everything. In fact we didn't even get our player then. The whole situation probably upped Soton's asking price as well. And all that from just the ONE time we tried to play dirty. On the other hand Barca does this regularly and then after it's all done, they even have the decency to  brag about how they didn't pay as much as we say they did (Suarez) or how we were so eager to sell (Coutinho) etc. I'm just sick of it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:11 am

redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion