EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:00 pm

Been linked with Man City today. Actually thought he would sign another contract with us but looking very likely to he has an eye on the exit door now. Probably has had someone in his ear about a move elsewhere
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:09 pm

I think we're all kidding ourselves here, in saying he's not good enough,as he's attracting the kind of attention from some of Europe's top teams that only potential midfield generals can attract and if the rumors are true pertaining to Cities interest then its evident he's showing enough of that potential to warrant recognition.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:26 am

Off to City to play with Pep? Wasn't he the manager who sold it at Bayern after a couple of games?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:30 am

I like Can but he hasn't proven himself to be worth fighting for - I would sell him in January
ken_job

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:52 am

I like Emre but I'm coming around to the idea that we need a completely new midfield pairing behind Coutinho (or Lemar or whoever it will be). Keita is obviously going to be one of the two, I'd love Upamecano to be the other.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:21 am

I agree RBG that Can wouldn’t attract attention from Juvé and City if he was downright average. I like Emre but he is not as good as he thinks he is. Having said that there has been some improvement under Klopp. I’d sell him in January and get a few quid. with the proviso that he takes Henderson with him !!    He is the sort of player that you don’t desperately miss if he isn’t playing bit the same same as Captain Average !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:07 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:52 am wrote:I like Emre but I'm coming around to the idea that we need a completely new midfield pairing behind Coutinho (or Lemar or whoever it will be). Keita is obviously going to be one of the two, I'd love Upamecano to be the other.

Although, Can is youngish in terms of age etc, a lot of pundits will say "well, he's going to develop further into this or that sort of player". The reality is, you can tell within one season, or even half a season HOW GOOD or bad a player is or is likely to become. For example, we all know Hendo is distinctively average, and will never get any better.. And we can all see the brilliance of Salah after just a few games. We saw the same thing in Suarez and Torres also.

I don't think Can will develop in the next few seasons into a world beater. No way. I think his ability is limited.

Next season, when Keita arrives, I'd love to see Lemar in a red shirt also, a good attacking Midfielder who can score goals. 70m Should do the trick. Then next summer if we offload Can and Henderson for say 40M, then next season we could have a far better midfield line up of: Keita, Lemar, Llalana, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Wjnaldum, and depending on Coutinho, if he stays or not.

Now that would be very exiting.  :p  :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:24 pm

With Henderson looking like he'll miss a few games we really need Can to up his game. He's had a pretty poor season but he'll be needed over the next month or two in that number 6 role he so covets.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:02 pm

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:12 pm

Just get rid of this turkey.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:26 am

We should offer him a big contract. He could very well step up and become an important player for us in the next season or two if he stays. Significantly better than Henderson, Milner, and even Ox as a central midfielder. Unless we go out and sign a partner for Keita, wijnaldum, or whoever plays the CM spot, He remains our best option.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:38 am

The only issue with him going is it leaves us light in numbers. He's nothing special but the manner in which he's going leaves a bitter taste, it could have been handled better - he will probably thrive in Serie A but I don't think I'll ever look at him and think we missed a trick.

Decent player but not good enough for a starting berth at a top side for me.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Liverpool's Emre Can reaches agreement in principle to join Juventus in the summer

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... the-summer
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:16 pm

His best years are still ahead of him and his size and strength came in handy against the Stoke's and Everton's of this world but as others have said I think we can do better. Don't get me wrong he is a good player but I don't think he'll ever develop into a top class one, it's not as if we are losing a Gerrard or an Alonso.  Ironically Emre probably played his best football for this club as a CB back when Brendan was in charge.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:46 pm

He's a one trick pony, he has no 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th gear etc. Similar output to Milner and Hendo.

I can't see him improving that much.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion