EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:39 pm

At the back end of last season he was our best midfielder and he has picked up where he left off. Personally I think he is starting to maintain his consistency and beginning to fulfil his potential. In 3 years time he could be an absolute beast for us.
We didn't pay a hell of a lot for him either and we will recoup several times that if he is sold but now that he is improving I think we should be doing our best to get him to sign a deal.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:19 pm

He was superb against Arsenal and really bossing things in central midfield. I've been critical of him in the past but he is showing signs that he is able to grab the bull by the horns in midfield and dictate. Has the potential to develop into a big player for us. Worry is his contract situation. Lot of noise coming out of Italy that Juventus will be talking to him in January.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:03 pm

Doeboy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:19 pm wrote:He was superb against Arsenal and really bossing things in central midfield. I've been critical of him in the past but he is showing signs that he is able to grab the bull by the horns in midfield and dictate. Has the potential to develop into a big player for us. Worry is his contract situation. Lot of noise coming out of Italy that Juventus will be talking to him in January.

Yeah as you say mate he looked absolutely majestic against Arsenal and to be fair he was pretty effin' good against Hoffenheim as well scoring 2 goals in what was a high pressure game. He looks like he is well on the way to developing into a top class midfielder but once players get down to the last 12 months of their contract they usually have one eye on the exit door.
It would be a pity to lose Emre though because his robust physical style is perfect for the prem and him and Keita would make a great MF pairing imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:12 pm

Got a hunch he will sign a new deal. Get the feeling he just wants bit of reassurance that he will be able to hold down a first team place and be a regular at us and also maybe there is a bit of jostling with regards to what kind of wage increase he would get as with signing a new contract. Way he has started this season, he'll certainly be doing that and will be really surprised if we don't hear about a contract extension in the near future.

Like you say, it's always a worry when a player has less than 12 months left to run on his contract and if we don't hear anything in the next few weeks, will be fearing maybe his head has been turned by Juve. He is starting to blossom under Klopp but is no way the finished article and hopefully he realises it's in his best interests to stay with us and push on rather than take a risk and move elsewhere where he has to start from scratch
Doeboy

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:12 am

Can wasn’t too bothered about what Bayern were saying to him when he decided to come to us rather than go through with the buyback clause Bayern had. I think again he’ll do what’s best for him. And in his eyes that will probably mean going to Juventus on a free and be their first choice number 6 – the position he wants to play. If it’s a tossup between Henderson and Can, personally I’d go for Can. He has a far higher ceiling.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Not sure he's as good as everyone here thinks. One thing i do agree with though, Henderson should not play at all. Offers nothing to the team. One screamer last season and nothing besides. .
I reckon Can will go.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red_indian » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:08 pm

according to Sky Sports Euro newspaper round up, Chelsea and Man Utd also interested in Emre

Germany

Chelsea and Manchester United are interested in Germany international and Liverpool midfielder Emre Can, who will be available on a free transfer next summer.

It has already been rumoured the 23-year-old will refuse to sign a new contract at Anfield, with Juventus linked earlier this summer. (Tuttosport).

Mario Gomez praised his Germany team-mate and Liverpool transfer target Timo Werner, who scored twice in Monday night's 6-0 thrashing of Norway, remarking that the RB Leipzig striker will "dominate the next ten years". (SPORT Bild)
red_indian

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:23 pm

He's played well so far this season but he's not that great guys. I couldn't care less if he leaves.. I think his career will bomb as soon as he leaves. Klopp has alot of time for Can and will help him develop if he stays but I think Can thinks he's too good for the club and will stab us in the back and leave for a free. I think Keita would have just took his spot next year so that will soften the blow.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:28 pm

Can is good but for me more of a squad player than main Xi and to be honest that goes the same for Hendo and Wijnaldum.
For me those 3 shouldn't be near a title challenging xi. Like i said good for squad rotation etc but not starters.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Apparently the sticking point is over a release clause he wants in his new contract that we won't agree to. Sounds as though his head has most definitely been turned and doesn't want to find himself in Coutinho's shoes if someone comes in for him
Doeboy

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:10 am

He's certainly started the season well but I don't think he has enough in his locker to become a top class player. He's a decent enough squad player and his importance is being emphasised more because of the lack of quality we have in the middle. He may well want to leave, losing him for free wouldn't be ideal but losing him in general wouldn't hurt as much. Juventus sniffing around with 23m certainly didn't bother me.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:07 am

Doeboy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:50 pm wrote:Apparently the sticking point is over a release clause he wants in his new contract that we won't agree to. Sounds as though his head has most definitely been turned and doesn't want to find himself in Coutinho's shoes if someone comes in for him

If that were the case, I'd give him the release clause set at 40-50 million. And if Juv meets the release clause, then so be it. Better than losing him for free, no?

To me, he's better than Henderson as a DM but Wijnaldum is abit better. Needless to say we need to find better CM's.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:11 am

Emre is only 23 and improving all the time, I think he will be a fantastic player once he gets to 25/26. It will be a shame to lose him because his size and big heart make him ideal for this league.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:16 am

He has always been someone who pulled off some nice touches and bits of play but I've questioned whether he had any more than that. He seemed to lack the dynamism and presence in midfield however he has started this season by grabbing games by the scruff of the neck and looking to control things from the off.

He seems to be putting down some roots down under Klopp and looks to be on an upward curve. He still has a long way to go and I'm not sure a move now is the best thing for him. I think he'd have no problem with staying for now but becoming clear he has one eye on the future and if the chance to move to one of the European powerhouses came up, he'd jump at the chance.
Doeboy

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:48 pm

I think he is strong, big and has good technique for his size and he is still to improve, we need to keep him!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion