EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:49 am

aCe' » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:00 am wrote:He's at his best when he picks his moments going forward or trying passes and I feel Henderson's role is the one he's best suited for.

No way. We tried that against Southampton (I think?), it didn't work at all. I understand what you're saying, you think he's better suited for a more deeper role, but not in this system. Like you said, our system in general is probably not very suitable for him. IMO he's too slow for this style of play.

Time for him yet though, I'm not abandoning hope for him so soon.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:30 am

woof woof ! » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:38 pm wrote:
parchpea » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:28 pm wrote:Stalling on a new contract apparently one hes very lucky to have been offered in my opinion.

Perhaps thinks hes worth more than our offer then again we are kings of the lowball.

A link to this story would be nice

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/01/em ... ed-summer/

Can's wage is here listed at 55k. http://www.totalsportek.com/money/liver ... -salaries/   If that is true then some of the differences in wages here for first team players is ridiculous.
This says we are the 5th highest payers in the prem http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ed-9297323 interestingly enough our salary per player is equivalent to that of the red sox who are Baseballs 6th highest payers.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:49 am

For me he simply hasn't shown enough in his time here, maybe for a smaller club but not for us.

The other problem is that we can't play him in the same midfield as Henderson, which is a big liability.

I would give him till the end of this season and tell him he is playing for his career at Liverpool and see what sort of performances we get.

As per the FSG model, I think if we were to sell him now we would make a substantial profit off the 10m outlay we bought him for.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:02 pm

damjan193 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:49 am wrote:
aCe' » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:00 am wrote:He's at his best when he picks his moments going forward or trying passes and I feel Henderson's role is the one he's best suited for.

No way. We tried that against Southampton (I think?), it didn't work at all. I understand what you're saying, you think he's better suited for a more deeper role, but not in this system. Like you said, our system in general is probably not very suitable for him. IMO he's too slow for this style of play.

Time for him yet though, I'm not abandoning hope for him so soon.

Against Southampton we had Lucas and Can interchanging positions but he wasnt exactly playing the deeper holding role. I agree he doesnt quite fit with our style/system of play but in terms of his development, that's the only position I see him being able to play without negatively impacting our attacking game to a large degree.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Having watched the game again I actually think Can played well when he sat back in front of the defence, he mopped up a lot of situations ie the long balls that Lucas and Matip just couldn't handle, maybe we should put him alongside Matip for the time being ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:46 pm

I'd rather we don't try that experiment. The lad has had an up and down season. If he plays CB and plays poorly it will knock his confidence down even more. The fan base will unleash hell on Klopp for putting him there if he makes costly errors.
I wonder Where is Klavan?
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:36 am

Maybe we should try that 3 at the back system that Brendan sometimes used? It's certainly working for Chelsea that's for sure, reverting to a 3 completely turned their season around, they were struggling before that.

I know on paper we supposedly play with a back 4 but our fullbacks play so high up the pitch our CB's are often left completely exposed. I'm sure an extra body back there would help a lot, especially if the extra man could play a bit as well (like Can).
The good thing about a 3 is that it allows you to have the extra man in midfield as well.
Can used to look good in a 3, in fact a 3 of Matip, Lovren and Sakho might of been very effective.

Mingolet

Can.             Matip.        Lovren

Clyne.              Henderson.            Wijnaldum.            Milner

Firmino/Lallana        Coutinho

Mane

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:07 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:36 am wrote:Maybe we should try that 3 at the back system that Brendan sometimes used? It's certainly working for Chelsea that's for sure, reverting to a 3 completely turned their season around, they were struggling before that.

I know on paper we supposedly play with a back 4 but our fullbacks play so high up the pitch our CB's are often left completely exposed. I'm sure an extra body back there would help a lot, especially if the extra man could play a bit as well (like Can).
The good thing about a 3 is that it allows you to have the extra man in midfield as well.
Can used to look good in a 3, in fact a 3 of Matip, Lovren and Sakho might of been very effective.

Mingolet

Mane

Worth a try. And I will be slaughtered for saying this but Moreno could do alot better (as a wingback) in this formation...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:36 am

maguskwt » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:07 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:36 am wrote:Maybe we should try that 3 at the back system that Brendan sometimes used? It's certainly working for Chelsea that's for sure, reverting to a 3 completely turned their season around, they were struggling before that.

Mingolet

Mane

Worth a try. And I will be slaughtered for saying this but Moreno could do alot better (as a wingback) in this formation...

Yeah good shout mate, Clyne and Moreno would give us a lot of athleticism out wide.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:41 pm

After the Leicester performance with Can giving a more than decent second half display I'm glad to say after the Arsenal game he seems to now be building on that and slowly getting back to his combative self,  along with Gini he was everywhere yesterday breaking up the flow of Arsenals play and helping out the CB's.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:01 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:41 pm wrote:After the Leicester performance with Can giving a more than decent second half display I'm glad to say after the Arsenal game he seems to now be building on that and slowly getting back to his combative self,  along with Gini he was everywhere yesterday breaking up the flow of Arsenals play and helping out the CB's.

:nod Can is one of my favorites. He has had a poor first half of the season, but I thought he was very good against Arsenal. He was playing as a box to box midfielder, but I could see him put in as a Defensive CM. He's so powerful going forward tho and you wouldn't want to stop that creativity. He's also one of the few in the midfield who can challenge in there air- our team is so small that we struggle with that. I've said it before- he reminds me of Yaya Toure and it concerns me that he struggles to find a place in our team. I still believe he can be one of the better players in the league within the next couple of years if he continually stays in the team. Klopp must rate him as he's dropped Wjinaldum for him in the past and has given him game time when his confidence and performances have been down.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:06 pm

ethanr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:01 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:41 pm wrote:After the Leicester performance with Can giving a more than decent second half display I'm glad to say after the Arsenal game he seems to now be building on that and slowly getting back to his combative self,  along with Gini he was everywhere yesterday breaking up the flow of Arsenals play and helping out the CB's.

:nod Can is one of my favorites. He has had a poor first half of the season, but I thought he was very good against Arsenal. He was playing as a box to box midfielder, but I could see him put in as a Defensive CM. He's so powerful going forward tho and you wouldn't want to stop that creativity. He's also one of the few in the midfield who can challenge in there air- our team is so small that we struggle with that. I've said it before- he reminds me of Yaya Toure and it concerns me that he struggles to find a place in our team. I still believe he can be one of the better players in the league within the next couple of years if he continually stays in the team. Klopp must rate him as he's dropped Wjinaldum for him in the past and has given him game time when his confidence and performances have been down.

I agree totally mate, but unfortunately he's another one of those players posters conveniently turn a blind eye to when he has a good performance, but pillory him when he has a bad one. I hope the lad is turning his form around because like you I believe he can be monstrous in our future.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Think he sums up the team to be honest.

Looks great when things are going well, but vanishes like a fart in the breeze when the going gets tough against the lesser sides. Think we could easily improve on him and he's nothing more than squad filler for now. Although he is still young.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:07 am

I like Can, he's a good player but failed to impose himself on our team or the opposition. I don't know if he can grow into a more imposing player but right now he's too inconsistent. We need more Terry Mac's, Sammy Lee's who impose themselves on an opponent's midfield and dominate them. Can needs to man up. I fecken' hate all this stubble and hair grease sh!t as well.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:20 am

:D what has stubble and hair grease got to do with it :D :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion