Dont buy the sun - An idiots guide

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:31 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Well that Shearer can feck off now, an all , did anyone just see the ad on ITV2 , ABSOLUTLY gobsmacked tbh what a utter gobsh.ite that Shearer is ,

"The Sun to British football, is what St James Park is to Newcastle."

YES ALAN A LOAD OF SH.ITE

I expected better from him, especially after he played in that charity game last year  :veryangry
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:06 pm

rumours now that jamie redknapp will be writing for this rag at next years world cup. this is an ex liverpool captain aswell :veryangry
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redhayesy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:37 pm

stmichael wrote:rumours now that jamie redknapp will be writing for this rag at next years world cup. this is an ex liverpool captain aswell :veryangry

i hope they are rumours mate cause if they ain't his name will NEVER be mentioned in my house again! let alone watching any nostalger of our games where he is involved.

i just can't get over how anyone :censored: with the club past an present would even want to be mentioned with the scum rag.

once anyone has had or has any knowledge of our club- it's a history lesson they should live by an never forget that their are certain things in life that are about principles end of.

please mate if you know of any source of this an he is even thinking about it- then i for one would e-mail the club or any way i could so that he is defo named an shamed forever!

i agree mate just the rumour of this has made my blood boil-  :veryangry.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:24 pm

Can I ask a hypothetical question, GENUINELY NOT TRYING TO WIND ANYONE UP HERE.

Is there anything the SUN newspaper could possibly do to appease all of us fans or is it way way past the point of no return?

In my opinion there is absolutely no fecking way, but I'm just interested to hear other peoples views.
heimdall

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:54 pm

heimdall wrote:Can I ask a hypothetical question, GENUINELY NOT TRYING TO WIND ANYONE UP HERE.

Is there anything the SUN newspaper could possibly do to appease all of us fans or is it way way past the point of no return?

In my opinion there is absolutely no fecking way, but I'm just interested to hear other peoples views.

I think it takes a real twisted individual  to know what questions to introduce to a conversation to spark an angry reaction ,and still play the naive card when it implodes ,and that's why you baffle me ,thats were I am completely at a loss to explain why a grown man would stoop to this level just to create controversy ..

I am sure you were fully aware how evocative your intrusion, because believe me that's exactly what it  proved to be ,but playing the obligatory "I don't understand  " card is below contempt,you have been on this forum long enough to know how deep feelings run on this subject .
:no  pretending to be  naive simply wont pass muster on this occasion .......   :no
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:04 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:
heimdall wrote:Can I ask a hypothetical question, GENUINELY NOT TRYING TO WIND ANYONE UP HERE.

I think it takes a real twisted individual  to know what questions to introduce to a conversation to spark an angry reaction ,and still play the naive card when it implodes ,and that's why you baffle me ,thats were I am completely at a loss to explain why a grown man would stoop to this level just to create controversy ..

I am sure you were fully aware how evocative your intrusion, because believe me that's exactly what it  proved to be ,but playing the obligatory "I don't understand  " card is below contempt,you have been on this forum long enough to know how deep feelings run on this subject .
:no  pretending to be  naive simply wont pass muster on this occasion .......   :no

my thoughts entirely.... ???
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:56 pm

heimdall wrote:Is there anything the SUN newspaper could possibly do to appease all of us fans or is it way way past the point of no return?

I have give this some serious thought and the one defining aspect of this post is the way you have emphasised the papers name in Block Capitals ,I don't wish to conduct a personal witch hunt over this ,but I think it warrants an explanation, especially as we all far to often have to explain ourselves to you .

It just seems rather unusual considering the format and title of the thread that you would embellish it to the point of selling the name in question ......

Maybe when you return from your suspension ,you would do us the courtesy of explaining yourself   :no
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby mraisl » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:56 pm

I can not say anything
:(
mraisl

Postby veritocarbonera » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:01 am

they are scum, you should all join the fb fan pages named like "THE S*N NEWSPAPER IS SCUM", etc. All they care about is making money, and that's why after that tragedy those headlines appeared, i think that if they had written "WE LIED" the problem would still exist, i mean, you don't fix it just by saying we lied.. and beside, it's not just the lie, it's messing with people like that, i can't imagine how the relatives had felt when they read that, and those who were there and knew any of the victims.. and also knew the real story, you just can't do that!
veritocarbonera

Postby daveyw » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:23 am

http://www.insideliverpool.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=492:-tickets-for-21st-annual-hillsborough-memorial-service-will-be-available-on-the-day&ca
tid=77:liverpool-fc&Itemid=54

info on how to get tickets to the memorial

can be found at the above theres a phone number and two places to get them early

ill be there will you
daveyw

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:02 am

Im sorry i know this is the sun thread but i class NOTW AS THE SAME PAPER AS THEM. aND TO SAY IM ABSILUTLY DISGUSTED WITH WHAT IVE JUST SEEN IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT,

Went into me nextdoors before and she was readint NOTW, she got up and put the paper open on the table , 2 page spread , Headline ALEX CURREN OUR NEW COLOMIST, . WTF,
how the fecking hell has Stevie let her do this, Im honestly gobsmacked , is she that fecking clueless, is she that hard up that she has to be involved with them, is she that fecking desperate to get her gob in the paper . if she is that desperate ,choose another fecking paper, Alex Curren the Sun and the News of the world are fecking brother and sister love , you should be ashamed of yourself, and Stevie needs to give you a fecking earful.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:13 am

John Barnes has gone mad after he was tricked into having his photo taken with a s*n horn.
Barns was having photos taken for Mars and was given a horn to blow, he was told to hold it in a way that the logo could been seen.....it was a S*n logo.
reports are saying that he said the photo could not be used.
he also said he did not know one of the reportes was from the sun untill they gave Darren Gough a sun ball to use in his photo.

sorry this dont wah with me, Bars has talked to the s*n loads of time.........whats the bett that after the news come out that Rafa gave money he felt very bad.

ok i might have it wrong and he was tricked into into it.

Last edited by lakes10 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:18 am

looking at the pic i wonder if it was put on after (photoshop?
but then again it sounds like he knew as soon as the photo was taken?
Last edited by lakes10 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby freundfire » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:43 am

you know what?  I totally agree, just the rumour of this has made my blood boil..
freundfire

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Dear The Sun,

This is just getting silly. Nay, it has gone beyond silliness. It's now offensive, objectionable and toxic.

Today, a story appears as the back page lead of your newspaper criticising Fabio Capello's England team selection for the upcoming Euro 2012 qualifiers, before Capello has even made this selection.

Shaun Custis writes: 'Donkey Fabio Capello has stuck a hoof into England's brave new world - after just one game.

'The gormless Italian vowed to rebuild after our World Cup debacle by bringing in young players.

'But the silly :censored: has ruled Arsenal whizkid Jack Wilshere, 18, out of next month's vital Euro qualifiers.'

This is written under the headline 'Jackass picks just Cap it all', with a pair of donkey ears super-imposed on Capello's head in the accompanying picture.

'Jackass'. 'Silly :censored:'. 'Gormless'. Is this really what journalism has come to? Is this really what you want to be doing?

And what is the basis of The Sun's latest attack? The omission of 'whizkid' Wilshere, who apparently earned 'rave reviews' for his two - two - starts for Arsenal so far.

Whoever was doing this 'raving', it wasn't The Sun. Wilshere didn't warrant a mention in the paper's report of Arsenal's 6-0 win over Blackpool, while the best thing the paper could say about his performance against Liverpool (in a report written by Custis) was that he will 'grow in confidence the more games he plays', before awarding him five out of ten for his showing.

The other justification for insulting one of the most successful managers in the game is the omission of Andy Carroll, a player with eight Premier League starts to his name.

Truly, do you believe this to be justification for such descriptions as 'jackass', 'silly :censored:' and 'gormless', or whatever else you will be calling Capello next time?

We appreciate the consistency of The Sun's view. The Custis article is the latest in a relentless campaign waged by The Sun to remove Capello from the England job.

But is this really helping? Is this type of name-calling based on such flimsy matters, appropriate? Criticism is fine, but the Custis diatribe could never be described as 'constructive'. It is, in our humble opinion, a new low. Perhaps for backpage tabloid journalism, perhaps for The Sun, perhaps even for old-fashioned debate and discussion. Either way, it's as low as we can remember.

Football365 has largely backed Capello, but even we agree that he has made mistakes, particularly in South Africa. However, we have not forgotten his success at club level, and that he guided England through a near-flawless qualification campaign for the World Cup.

Nor do we know of an English manager who we believe will be a better man for the job. As for the 'rip it up and start again' approach, it is far too simplistic. The assumption that because the current crop of players failed, the next generation will automatically be better, is horribly - and probably fatally - flawed.

Our fear is that this campaign is being waged not because the tabloid press truly believe that Capello is in the wrong, or that ignoring Wilshere and Carroll makes him a donkey, but largely out of spite because they didn't get their way after the summer and he stayed on.

We invite Custis, or indeed anyone from The Sun, to write to Football365 to justify this latest article, and indeed their continuing stance. And we promise to publish their right of reply.

Regards,

Football365
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion