Dominic Solanke - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue May 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Reds agree terms to sign Dominic Solanke

Liverpool FC have agreed personal terms with Dominic Solanke to sign the England youth international this summer.

The 19-year-old striker will complete the transfer to the Reds on July 1, 2017, upon the expiry of his contract with his current club, Chelsea.

Solanke made his senior debut for the London side as a substitute in a Champions League tie in October 2014, and scored seven goals in 25 Eredivisie appearances during a productive loan spell with Dutch outfit Vitesse Arnhem in 2015-16.

He has represented his country at every age level from U16 to U21 and is currently in South Korea for the FIFA U20 World Cup, where the forward has so far featured in all three games and scored once to help England into the knockout stages.

Solanke, twice an FA Youth Cup champion and winner of the UEFA Youth League and U17 European Championship, will officially join Jürgen Klopp’s squad on July 1.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... ic-solanke
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 30, 2017 5:54 pm

Excited about this one. The lad was highly rated by Chelsea but with the way they operate, he wouldn't have got a look in there. Think he could end up proving quite a shrewd purchase
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Tue May 30, 2017 6:10 pm

If Chelsa wanted to keep him then they would have, its a business decision , moneyball and a worrying start to our summer.

I bet Chelsea have a decent sell on included in the terms.

I wish him well like every player but honestly never heard of the lad.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue May 30, 2017 6:18 pm

his playing style and stride reminds me a bit of Leroy Sane, however saying that the signing is a little underwhelming for all us loyal supporters who want to see a marquee signing from the club
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 30, 2017 6:21 pm

C-R » Tue May 30, 2017 5:18 pm wrote:his playing style and stride reminds me a bit of Leroy Sane, however saying that the signing is a little underwhelming for all us loyal supporters who want to see a marquee signing from the club

He's more of a big, bustling central striker type than a Sane mate. He's a good finisher though. He's kinda like Neil Mellor with a bit of pace.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue May 30, 2017 6:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 30, 2017 6:21 pm wrote:
C-R » Tue May 30, 2017 5:18 pm wrote:his playing style and stride reminds me a bit of Leroy Sane, however saying that the signing is a little underwhelming for all us loyal supporters who want to see a marquee signing from the club

He's more of a big, bustling central striker type than a Sane mate. He's a good finisher though. He's kinda like Neil Mellor with a bit of pace.

yes he can be, but the other day for the England U20's against Argentina he played a kind of wide forward role (similar to Sane), have a look at his highlights here..
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 30, 2017 6:39 pm

C-R » Tue May 30, 2017 5:24 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 30, 2017 6:21 pm wrote:

yes he can be, but the other day for the England U20's against Argentina he played a kind of wide forward role (similar to Sane), have a look at his highlights here..

Yeah he used his pace to good effect in that game mate but I suspect he'll end up like most of the other over hyped young English goalscorers that we've had in recent years and end up falling off the radar. Hope I'm wrong CR but that's my gut feeling.
Thanks for the heads up though mate, you are great at providing links and that type of stuff  :bowdown
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue May 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Thanks Yakka, I like reading your posts too mate :)

I also don't think in my heart of hearts that he will make it big with us, but as always we have to have hope in our hearts

Let's hope we are both wrong
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 30, 2017 7:02 pm

C-R » Tue May 30, 2017 5:41 pm wrote:Thanks Yakka, I like reading your posts too mate :)

I also don't think in my heart of hearts that he will make it big with us, but as always we have to have hope in our hearts

Let's hope we are both wrong

Amen to that mate. :)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue May 30, 2017 7:32 pm

parchpea » Tue May 30, 2017 5:10 pm wrote:If Chelsa wanted to keep him then they would have, its a business decision , moneyball and a worrying start to our summer.

I bet Chelsea have a decent sell on included in the terms.

I wish him well like every player but honestly never heard of the lad.

He's out of contract so there is no sell on fee. We have no dealings with Chelsea. The tribunal will just set a fee.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 30, 2017 8:00 pm

I know he's destined for the U23's but the Solanki's of this world just aren't going to cut it, our rivals are raising the bar all the time going after players like Griezemann, Mbappe, James Rodriguez and Mahrez, these are clubs who already have the likes of Paul Pogba, Gabriel Jesus, Alexi Sanchez, Eden Hazard etc etc on their books.
We need to sign quality ourselves, we need to sign players that will walk into our starting XI and improve it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Tue May 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Theres no risk then but I just get frustrated with buying potential when the first team still needs a lot of work and investment.

So long as Solanke is one we are talking a punt on rather than to push us on next season Im ok with it, see who else we get in.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Tue May 30, 2017 8:16 pm

We don't do transfers sequentially. We work on things in parallel and the signing of Solanki has no bearing on us signing those 3 or 4 players who will go into the first team. The fact he is our first signing is of no significance to the window as the whole. We all want to see important signings for the first team but there is no point getting upset in May. We'll see how things pan out over the next 3 months.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Tue May 30, 2017 8:51 pm

Do we really need him? We've  got Ings, sturridge, Firmino and Woodburn coming through. Also potentially another striker if we offload Studge.

Some of those long articles out there bore me to death. Going into detail how he could be potential world star etc... Change the friggin record.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 30, 2017 9:27 pm

redshade » Tue May 30, 2017 7:51 pm wrote:Do we really need him? We've  got Ings, sturridge, Firmino and Woodburn coming through. Also potentially another striker if we offload Studge.

Some of those long articles out there bore me to death. Going into detail how he could be potential world star etc... Change the friggin record.

I wouldn't expect anything from Ings. He's had two potential career-ending injuries and I'd be amazed if he comes back as a Premier League striker. Remains to be seen if Danny will either stay or see out a week without breaking something.

I welcome the lad. The Chavs rated him and aren't very happy he's come here  :D

Remains to be seen if he can break out of the under 23s into the first team. But I trust Klopp and he has obviously seen something in him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion