Dominic Solanke - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:57 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:28 pm wrote:Klopp will mould him a bit I'm sure. He's got a full pre season for Klopp to do his voodoo on him and come the new season he could be a regular.

:no , Just don't see it happening that quick, agree with Kazza on the fella's (current) lack of pace and technical ability add to that some poor decision making and a lack of experience. Overall as things now stand he's imo way behind the likes of Origi.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:48 pm

On the face of it, I tend to agree. But you never really can tell. Could he possibly do a Harry Kane who at a similar age was a nobody and had failed on a number of loan assignments. I think the point is that it’s worth bringing him in for £3mil. Peanuts in today’s market. He does look a real grafter and you never really know how far those sort of players can go. I don’t think he’ll be anywhere near the starting 11 when the season starts but he’ll train with the first team under the direct guidance of Klopp and play the league cup games so the opportunities will be there for him to climb up the pecking order.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:14 pm

Further to his player of the tournament award and his performances in the competition, Chelsea are now seeking 10 million for young Solanke.

So no negotiating to be done there then, straight to the tribunal  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Has had a better than expected pre-season. Could be a handy option and Origi should be looking over his shoulder.
Eagle

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:30 pm

Eagle » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:37 am wrote:Has had a better than expected pre-season. Could be a handy option and Origi should be looking over his shoulder.

:nod

He's looked really good. It's not just fortunate, poacher goals that we saw more from Origi- he's getting himself into really good positions and making the most of his opportunities. This could end up being a very good signing for us.

I really like the look of a few of our youngsters in preseason. It's not just the outcome of their play, but the confidence they seem to have. I suspect it's the effect of having a manager who believes in the youngsters coming up and in the importance of developing them- and they know that. Ryan Kent made Rafhina look like he belongs in a league 1 team. Ben Woodbury has looked solid. I've been very critical of Joe Gomez, and I know some weren't thrilled with his performances this preseason, but I actually thought he looked very good. TAA has probably earned a good amount of game time this season after his performances as well- I think he deserves to start against Watford.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:46 pm

He’s done OK hasn’t he? He’s challenge created the goal on the weekend. In the last 2 games he has come on ahead of Origi which suggests he’s pushed ahead of the Belgian in the pecking order already. Early days but encouraging signs.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:27 pm

Solanke hat-trick for the U23's in a 4-0 win against Stoke in the Premier League Cup.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:19 pm

Because he hasnt had a decent run in the team I will go easy on him, but he just isnt good enough to be considered as a proper first team player. He isnt skillful or ruthless enough and doesnt look like he will get the chance to improve?
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:28 pm

I know it's early, but....

Not seen anything to back up his impressive youth stats. Might need a loan...but when has a player ever returned from one of those as a better player?
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:30 pm

No good. Simple. Not of the required standard.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:48 am

Solanke was atrocious yesterday, like really really bad, awful first touch, terrible link up and cant even finish from point blank range, he needs to be loaned out to have any chance of making a career for himself.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:52 pm

The lads young and when given ANY chance to play he has the expectation of Europe's goalscoring A TEAM weighing down on him...
...I mean. Really?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Dont think anyone was expecting much from him yesterday but a glimpse of some talent would of been nice! He was woeful and didnt show even a hint of a reason why he should get more minutes
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:05 pm

Looks a shadow of the player we saw in pre-season when he couldn't stop scoring. Once we get 4th sealed we can give him some minutes and hopefully catch a glimpse of what he can do
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:46 pm

Problem he has is as a young player he really needs a run of games. Difficult to expect too much from him when he is dropped into the first team here and there. Have to remember he has had very little experience at this level. Personally, think he needs a season long loan at a club where he gets to play a good run of games and see where it takes him as he is going to have very limited opportunities with us and it will hinder his progress long term
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion