DIVOCK ORIGI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Tue May 02, 2017 12:30 am

Klopp must buy a natural quality CF.
Origi has regressed his been dreadful. Firmino can't be relied upon.
Studge showed us glimpses against Watford what a quality CF is capable of, shame his never available.

I don't want to head the new campaign with Firmino still as our "false forward".

Origi isn't even half of what he was last season. I really don't get what's wrong with him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 02, 2017 12:47 am

He's David Ngog in disguise
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue May 02, 2017 7:27 am

Lads are doing Origi injustice..The lad was never and is never a world class striker,he is your typical bench sub 3rd option striker and he has done a great job for this team...We are measuring him against the likes of Kane Costa Zlatan? Come on cut him some slack.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:04 am

7_Kewell » Mon May 01, 2017 11:47 pm wrote:He's David Ngog in disguise

Ha! The return of Eggnog!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:57 pm

Origi is not good enough to be more than a 3rd or 4th choice striker, his doesn't have any intelligence, his movement is poor and he's an average finisher, we must sign a top quality forward in the summer if we want to improve and in the mean time Sturridge must start if fit.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue May 02, 2017 4:13 pm

Firmino, Origi, Ings, Sturridge

If we go into next season with those as our forwards in our squad then God help us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 02, 2017 7:39 pm

30 league games and just 6 goals.  He's been given his chances, but he's simply not taken them. His first touch is poor too and my mum would do a better job of holding up a football.

Given his moaning about not playing regularly, I could see him going. I think Stirrudge is off too, which means we need 2 quality strikers.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 02, 2017 9:43 pm

yeah he's had enough chances this season and hasn't really showed enough to even be decent back up. That means he will get a new contract  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed May 03, 2017 5:45 am

I think he played better against teams that were open than teams that set up defensively and against those teams he was tasked with holding up the ball and running to create space as well as press from the front, which he did. Against Watford every time he got the ball he had two/ three defenders on him, so I am prepared to give him slack. I notice that Klopp reserves a big hug for him post match so he must have done what Klopp asked of him except of course the scoring part.

I don't think he has been as useless as some are saying but we do need more goals from him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 03, 2017 6:28 pm

Doesn't do nearly enough to warrant starting games and he's not intuitive enough around the box to be a poacher,I think my biggest gripe is just how easy he relinquishes possession when as our main striker he's expected to hold up the play .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:01 pm

I know he hasn't exactly set the world alight this season but there's definitely something there worth nurturing. I say keep a hold of him as a backup at least.
Franky000

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed May 03, 2017 7:33 pm

We need a person who puts the ball in the net:
Hunt, Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez.
If we are serious about progressing next season then the likes of Origi are surplus to requirements. He has had plenty of chances to convince supporters that he is a class striker. He either wouldnt or couldnt do it.
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu May 04, 2017 2:10 pm

He seemed to be working really hard at the back end of last year on the field and also putting in the extra hours in training. His attitude seemed to change when he went back down to 3rd choice striker this season and I don't think he puts in 100% anymore. I don't think he can reach his potential with us so it's probably best that he moves on and we get a 20-25 goal a season man to replace him.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 04, 2017 2:46 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Thu May 04, 2017 2:10 pm wrote:He seemed to be working really hard at the back end of last year on the field and also putting in the extra hours in training. His attitude seemed to change when he went back down to 3rd choice striker this season and I don't think he puts in 100% anymore. I don't think he can reach his potential with us so it's probably best that he moves on and we get a 20-25 goal a season man to replace him.

Completely agree with the first part of your post . His attitude does seem to have changed, maybe, like you, he thinks that as a 3rd choice striker he won't reach his full potential at LFC and perhaps would be happy to move somewhere else for more first team football.

Personally, I think the fella has loads of talent that is being under used, he may be one of those in need of an "arm around the shoulder" type players who need to be given more encouragement belief and game time to bring the best out of him.

As for the last bit of your post
it's probably best that he moves on and we get a 20-25 goal a season man to replace him

:laugh:

I guess you're saying we should we should relegate all our current strikers to the bench  ?   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Fri May 05, 2017 9:36 am

The lads form has been woeful since Sadio was injured. Surely it is the job of the manager and the coaching staff to make sure that everybody in the squad is motivated. Certainly doesn't seem to be the case with Origi and Danny  :(
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext