DIVOCK ORIGI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:40 pm

Reg » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:25 am wrote:We need to hold the core players together for another 12+ months to see how far they can go... Countino, Firmino, maybe Studge, Origi... the potential to gel with the new lads coming thru like Stewart etc.. along with a settled back 4 is the most exciting news since Rafa left. Note Klopp referred to the young lads pressing for places - feck why do we need to pay big money for over paid foreign w@nkers when we have our own home grown over paid w@nkers?  :laugh:

Don't forget we have Danny Ings and Benteke !

Ings, Origi, Studge, a sorted out Benteke, Cout/Firmino etc.. jeez we could crack 100 goals next season with these lads on song!!  :oops:

If Sturridge stays fit we have good options in attack, in fact that's a bit of an understatement, the likes of Coutinho, Sturridge and Firmino when fit and on form aren't just good they are top, top quality. Lallana and of course Origi have improved big time under Klopp as well.
IMO our problems revolve around 2 area's - central midfield and goalkeeping. If we bring in a couple of quality central midfielders and a keeper to put pressure on Mingolet then I could see us challenging for the top 4 next year.
It's just a pity Ross Barkley is a bluenose, he would have been perfect for us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:05 pm

Reg » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:25 am wrote:We need to hold the core players together for another 12+ months to see how far they can go... Countino, Firmino, maybe Studge, Origi... the potential to gel with the new lads coming thru like Stewart etc.. along with a settled back 4 is the most exciting news since Rafa left. Note Klopp referred to the young lads pressing for places - feck why do we need to pay big money for over paid foreign w@nkers when we have our own home grown over paid w@nkers?  :laugh:

Don't forget we have Danny Ings and Benteke !

Ings, Origi, Studge, a sorted out Benteke, Cout/Firmino etc.. jeez we could crack 100 goals next season with these lads on song!!  :oops:

I have put Benteke in the same bin as Balotelli mate. He was very promising when he first arrived. But he is a confidence player and he has confidence made of glass. If he is not playing week in week out, his form just dives. This is unlike Origi, who would come on when called upon and just gets better and better. The problem is Klopp can't afford to play Benteke as the regular striker. He is a mistake buy IMHO.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:11 pm

Well I was trying to think positive.

Tell me, the sudden emergence of Origi increases the need for a centre forward like Benteke or reduces the need for that kind of stereotype role? as Origi put Benteke our of a job not because he's better but because his role is now obsolete?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Reg » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:11 pm wrote:Well I was trying to think positive.

Tell me, the sudden emergence of Origi increases the need for a centre forward like Benteke or reduces the need for that kind of stereotype role? as Origi put Benteke our of a job not because he's better but because his role is now obsolete?

I think Origi is just a better fit for Klopp's way of playing mate. Benteke is obsolete because of his own doing. In his early games, he was attacking the ball in the box, he was bringing the ball down (and mind you he is quite neat with the ball in his feat) and running at the goal, etc. Now when the ball is being crossed, he is nowhere to be seen near the box! Ppl say Klopp can play with a target man (by pointing at Lewandowski) but Lewandowski is a very mobile and intelligent target man. In fact Origi is more similar to Lewandowski than Benteke. I'm not saying Benteke is completely rubbish. He is probably more talentes than Heskey. But right now, A. He is not a good fit to the system and B. He's playing like a dumbass
(probably due to being low on confidence).
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:31 pm

For whatever reason Klopp is not a fan. This mess is going cost cica £15m if we are lucky and that's ignoring his wages. These fk ups really must stop.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:28 pm

RE Benteke.

The fella's got skill BUT for one reason or another his confidence was just shot to Sh*t playing in a red shirt, maybe because he was asked to use his brain as well as his feet.

How many times did we see the fella when clean through fluff a one on one with the oppo keeper ?

He's a player that acts' on instinct, given time to actually "think" he crumbled

I'm sure he'll do well somewhere, maybe Stoke   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:56 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:28 pm wrote:RE Benteke.

The fella's got skill BUT for one reason or another his confidence was just shot to Sh*t playing in a red shirt, maybe because he was asked to use his brain as well as his feet.

How many times did we see the fella when clean through fluff a one on one with the oppo keeper ?

He's a player that acts' on instinct, given time to actually "think" he crumbled

I'm sure he'll do well somewhere, maybe Stoke   :D

Benteke has been found out, pure and simple. He's talented, but hasn't the gonads to push himself beyond his comfort level. Hence he's failed.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:59 pm

devaney » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:31 pm wrote:For whatever reason Klopp is not a fan. This mess is going cost cica £15m if we are lucky and that's ignoring his wages. These fk ups really must stop.

And yet you would have been one of the first to start whinging about other people on here who where questioning why the f**k we paid 32m for this over-priced spud.

I'm sure they would have been part of this fabled "whinge committee" you keep spluttering on about ad nauseam.

:laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:40 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:16 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:43 pm wrote:I wouldn't completely write him off, I think he could make a decent wide forward.
Doesn't look like a natural goalscorer though I have to admit that.

I'm not convinced he'll make a decent anything.

I know he's young, but he can't even get the basics right and that's shocking for a player who's 20 years old.

Ship him out on loan in January and hope someone will take him off our hands. He's *****.

What a difference six months (and a new manager) can make, eh?  :D

I thought Origi was a lost cause but he's really turned it around. I think Klopp has helped him a lot as he's become a completely different player under our new gaffer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:39 am

I actually labeled him 'dog Sh*t' on more than one occasion. I'll eat big fat humble pie all day long if he keeps this up! well done lad!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:45 am

leeroy74 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:39 am wrote:I actually labeled him 'dog Sh*t' on more than one occasion. I'll eat big fat humble pie all day long if he keeps this up! well done lad!

Same, I thought he was rubbish and was never going to amount to anything.

Klopp has worked miracles with the kid. His movement, touch and shooting power looks light years away from what we first saw.

Happily will eat humble pie, as he continues to put goals into the back of the net.

Turns 21 in a few days time, so still has the world at his feet.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby devaney » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:07 am

eds » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:59 pm wrote:
devaney » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:31 pm wrote:For whatever reason Klopp is not a fan. This mess is going cost cica £15m if we are lucky and that's ignoring his wages. These fk ups really must stop.

And yet you would have been one of the first to start whinging about other people on here who where questioning why the f**k we paid 32m for this over-priced spud.

I'm sure they would have been part of this fabled "whinge committee" you keep spluttering on about ad nauseam.

:laugh:

Constructive comments are vastly different from WHINGING incessantly and resorting to childish insults. The overpriced spud, as you so charmingly call him, will probably earn more in a year than some people will during a 40 year working life !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:33 pm

That 9 mil looks a f*cking steal now.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:59 pm

He looked dynamic yet again, and in a massive game against quality opposition. 

If he kicks on next season and Sturridge remains fit, we sell Benteke and bring in another quality striker we will be a force again.

Ings will also be handy when he finally comes back.

And with Coutinho, Firmino and Reus/Gotze behind them and we are in dreamland.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

eds

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:49 am

21 Years young today and he is ours !!

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion