DIRK KUYT - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:15 am

Penguins » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:22 am wrote:Good riddance and the fee represent the real value for that limited footballer. Ugh
Even the "his heart and soul" ***** fascade was gone in the end. Just count you lucky star Kuyt that you were able to play for Liverpool Football club you selfish ****.

And no, this doesn't nean I don't appreciate the goals and hard work he has done, but Idislike everything he represent.
He was bought for big money as a 20 goal striker to take us to the next step.
Instead after 1 and a half season it was painfully obvious we couldn't have him there as he never scored.
So we shif him out right and he can't dribble, can't trap a ball, passes backwards more than any player and has no pace.
Even when he does score he is practically invisible the rest of the entire game. He gets to do all that LFC and gets a huge wage packet to boot.
In the end he starts whining that he isn't a regular starter even after an abysmal season.
I could go on into detail as to why this type of player we should stay clear of but I'll stop here.
Sorry if I offended some worshippers...

don't hold back lad, tell us how you really feel  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:18 am

D___C » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:55 am wrote:As i said in the other Dirk thread, great servant, great fella, and he will be missed at Anfield.

Number of crucial goals...
vs Chelsea in the 2007 CL semi (winning kick in the shoot-out)
vs Everton in 2007 league... 2 goals, one a winning last second penalty kick
vs Liege in the 2008 3rd round CL qualifying round (we were 3 minutes from a penalty shoot-out).. his most important goal, and one that paid his entire transfer fee.
vs Everton in 2010 league.. winning goal when we had 10 men
vs Man U in 2011... hat-trick against the enemy
vs Cardiff in the 2012 league cup final... scored one, and converted a hugely important pen othewise we would have lost

Then theres the winner against Man U in the FA Cup, goal against Milan in 2007 CL Final, and 71 in total.

Six years of hard honest graft and crucial moments. All the best Dirky.

I count 11 there not 71
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby dundreamin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:54 am

Penguins you are a sad b.astard. good luck dirk YNWA
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby dundreamin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:57 am

Penguins you are a sad b.astard. good luck dirk YNWA
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Penguins » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Well, I feel the same way about Kuyt like with for example Cissé.
My favourite player was Barnes. Why?
He was a footballer. A hard worker and an athlete is fine, but not if the footballing skill isn't there.
It's the footballers that that gets the team to play good football.
Sorry I have that idea about the game...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Penguins » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:30 pm wrote:Well, I feel the same way about Kuyt like with for example Cissé.
He was a footballer. A hard worker and an athlete is fine, but not if the footballing skill isn't there.

He has footballing skill - just because its not dazzling dribbling doesnt mean it isnt skill

Cisse diid ok for us - but how many will welcome him like they do Kuyt - just look at the flags people have created for Kuyt.

Kuyt has been a permanent fixture for a Dutch team at the top of the international ladder for the last 6 years - you dont do that if you lack skill

Its fair enough you dont rate him but dont disrespect the lad or call him selfish with the amount of stuff he has done.
Benny The Noon

Postby supersub » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Penguins » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:30 pm wrote:Well, I feel the same way about Kuyt like with for example Cissé.

Truly a limited view on what is football skill and what is required to create a football team...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:02 pm

Penguins » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:30 pm wrote:Well, I feel the same way about Kuyt like with for example Cissé.

"A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Thanks for being Dirk Kuyt and everything you stand for. Dirk you are a credit to your family, your sport and your country. I hope you have lots of success in Turkey. Their gain is our loss.
Last edited by devaney on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:21 pm

supersub » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:58 pm wrote:

Truly a limited view on what is football skill and what is required to create a football team...

True
Thommo's perm

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:32 pm

He wasn't the most technically able but he made a big contribution to the team with what he had on many occasions. He's been a great servant and I wish him all the best.

Still though 1 mil really? I was hoping for at least 3 or 4.  :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:59 pm

One of my favourite players for the last seasons.
Not exactly a player for those youtube videos but he has been one of our most important players for many years.
If half our players had his attitude and football intelligence we would have done a lot better.
Thanks for everything Dirk and good luck in turkey.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:23 pm

Penguins your posts about him are an absolute disgrace.

The lad might not have been the player we thought we were signing in the end but he was someone you could always rely on.

He does not deserve being called selfish when as Benny pointed out that's the last thing in the world you could call him.

Always a player for the big occasion and scored so many crucial goals.

We should have kept him with the amount of games that we will be playing next season.

But after the service he has given if he wants more playing time at his age that's understandable.

I wish him all the best and i am sure he will be a regular visitor back to anfield as a fan.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:42 pm

I think the lad scored in every round of our 2007 CL campaign and played a big part in our title challenge in 08/09 and obviously a huge part in this years Carling Cup win. 

Frustrating as he was at times, he always popped up with goals  at crucial times. 

Disappointed to see him go.  Especially for 1M...
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:45 am

Penguins » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:22 am wrote:Good riddance and the fee represent the real value for that limited footballer. Ugh
Even the "his heart and soul" ***** fascade was gone in the end. Just count you lucky star Kuyt that you were able to play for Liverpool Football club you selfish ****.

And no, this doesn't nean I don't appreciate the goals and hard work he has done, but Idislike everything he represent.
He was bought for big money as a 20 goal striker to take us to the next step.
Instead after 1 and a half season it was painfully obvious we couldn't have him there as he never scored.
So we shif him out right and he can't dribble, can't trap a ball, passes backwards more than any player and has no pace.
Even when he does score he is practically invisible the rest of the entire game. He gets to do all that LFC and gets a huge wage packet to boot.
In the end he starts whining that he isn't a regular starter even after an abysmal season.
I could go on into detail as to why this type of player we should stay clear of but I'll stop here.
Sorry if I offended some worshippers...

Three words... What a joke...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion