DIRK KUYT - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:16 pm

never my favourite player but his time was up here.
thanks for some big memories.Y.N.W.A
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:52 pm

One of the few players we have had in the rescent past that could be arsed to give his all. Good luck in Turkey!
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:54 pm

All the best Dirk!

YNWA
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:04 am

I never fully accepted Kuyt & hated his style but he proved his worth in the long run.

He could be the hardest working player I've seen in a red shirt.

Not sure how he did it, but he always popped up with those critical goals, even when the other big guns weren't firing!

He will be missed!
killerp

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:42 am

I wish him well. Thanks for some important goals....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby laza » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:55 am

Greavesie » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:04 pm wrote:scandalous fee if what's being reported is true, he lost his place under Kenny and it's probably the best time for him to move on though. I wish the guy all the best, he's really selfless, hard working and was usually there when we needed him. YNWA Dirk

Agree with assessment if that is true fee being reported

Adios Dirk Diggler, thanks for all hard work, committment and some important goals especially against the MANCs

YNWA
Last edited by laza on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:22 am

Good riddance and the fee represent the real value for that limited footballer. Ugh
Even the "his heart and soul" ***** fascade was gone in the end. Just count you lucky star Kuyt that you were able to play for Liverpool Football club you selfish ****.

And no, this doesn't nean I don't appreciate the goals and hard work he has done, but Idislike everything he represent.
He was bought for big money as a 20 goal striker to take us to the next step.
Instead after 1 and a half season it was painfully obvious we couldn't have him there as he never scored.
So we shif him out right and he can't dribble, can't trap a ball, passes backwards more than any player and has no pace.
Even when he does score he is practically invisible the rest of the entire game. He gets to do all that LFC and gets a huge wage packet to boot.
In the end he starts whining that he isn't a regular starter even after an abysmal season.
I could go on into detail as to why this type of player we should stay clear of but I'll stop here.
Sorry if I offended some worshippers...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:35 am

Penguins » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:22 am wrote:Good riddance and the fee represent the real value for that limited footballer. Ugh
Even the "his heart and soul" ***** fascade was gone in the end. Just count you lucky star Kuyt that you were able to play for Liverpool Football club you selfish ****.

And no, this doesn't nean I don't appreciate the goals and hard work he has done, but Idislike everything he represent.
Instead after 1 and a half season it was painfully obvious we couldn't have him there as he never scored.
So we shif him out right and he can't dribble, can't trap a ball, passes backwards more than any player and has no pace.
Even when he does score he is practically invisible the rest of the entire game. He gets to do all that LFC and gets a huge wage packet to boot.
In the end he starts whining that he isn't a regular starter even after an abysmal season.
I could go on into detail as to why this type of player we should stay clear of but I'll stop here.
Sorry if I offended som worshippers...

You don't offend us with your words, you simply offend us with your presence.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:02 am

Penguins » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:22 am wrote:Good riddance and the fee represent the real value for that limited footballer. Ugh

I think you offended almost everyone on here with this garbage.

Kuyt has earned veteran status here through his hard work and should be treated with some respect.
killerp

Postby babu » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:14 am

Dear Dirk,

I wish half our players had your commitment and professionalism. You contribution to LFC should not be underestimated.

Good luck and remember you will never walk alone.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby D___C » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:55 am

As i said in the other Dirk thread, great servant, great fella, and he will be missed at Anfield.

Number of crucial goals...
vs Chelsea in the 2007 CL semi (winning kick in the shoot-out)
vs Everton in 2007 league... 2 goals, one a winning last second penalty kick
vs Liege in the 2008 3rd round CL qualifying round (we were 3 minutes from a penalty shoot-out).. his most important goal, and one that paid his entire transfer fee.
vs Everton in 2010 league.. winning goal when we had 10 men
vs Man U in 2011... hat-trick against the enemy
vs Cardiff in the 2012 league cup final... scored one, and converted a hugely important pen othewise we would have lost

Then theres the winner against Man U in the FA Cup, goal against Milan in 2007 CL Final, and 71 in total.

Six years of hard honest graft and crucial moments. All the best Dirky.
D___C

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:28 am

Dirk's been a wonderful servant, never sought the limelight and always put in a major shift. A key player in Rafa's team, should have continued under Kenny but for his insistent selection of Downing etc.. must have been a disappointment to sign off after last season. I understand his need for first team footy, at 31 he has to stay sharp.

Good luck to you Dirk, you'll always be remembered as one of Rafa's great team. Thanks for everything.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:21 am

Good news for us.

Before this transfer, I didn't know that you love him so much.

It's always important to have players like Kuyt, who is remembered with lots of good feelings.
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:54 am

Disgusted that he is gone to be honest although he did have a pretty poor season.
Played a HUGE part in the Carling Cup win though.  Thought Kenny should have used him and Maxi a lot more.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:36 am

Penguins » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:22 am wrote:Good riddance and the fee represent the real value for that limited footballer. Ugh

It must be like Xmas for you , after 5 years crucifying him you get your wish. The guy struggled during a six month period during his second season when his dad was dying and people like you nailed your colours right there and then. You ignored all the other crucial games he played for us , the goals the assists - only two players have scored more in the time he had been with us.

As for Selfish - I would like you to back that up - the guy is the total opposite of that - this is someone who gives half his wages every month to charity, someone who has worked tirelessly for his foundation, did you see the emotion in his face as he read the psalm during the Hillsboro memorial - Dirk Kuyt earnt the respect of his teammates , his managers and the fans. He knew what it meant to play for Liverpool , he knew what the club means for the fans and he not once forgot that. He will be remembered for a long time.

Good Luck in Turkey - Fenerbache have got themselves a true hero.

Come back and visit Kuyt - you will always be welcome in the Kop

YNWA
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion