DEJAN LOVREN - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:59 am

Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:57 am wrote:I half changed my mind about him, but after last nights calamitous performance I was proven right. He is weak and clueless and both goals were directly caused by his deficiencies.
:glare:

He is a donkey in a long line of donkeys....Caulker...Skertel...that's how we love our CB aggressive and brainless.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:00 am

Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:57 am wrote:I half changed my mind about him, but after last nights calamitous performance I was proven right. He is weak and clueless and both goals were directly caused by his deficiencies.

To be fair, I thought Sakho was more at fault for that second goal, Sakho half fell over and tried to recover and as a result provided the required space for Vardy
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:04 am

C-R » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:00 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:57 am wrote:I half changed my mind about him, but after last nights calamitous performance I was proven right. He is weak and clueless and both goals were directly caused by his deficiencies.

To be fair, I thought Sakho was more at fault for that second goal, Sakho half fell over and tried to recover and as a result provided the required space for Vardy

Not only that, Sakho should have come over and dealt with it before it bounced, he had time to get there and didn't - something I've seen more than once. I like Sakho, but that was poor.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:54 am

Really is amazing how Lovren has turned his career around at Liverpool, under Rodgers it seemed certain even after 1 season he would be shown the door, but is now probably one of the first on JK's team sheet

To top it off, this man put us in the semi finals  :bowdown  :bowdown
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:01 pm

He's stepped up his game, which is more than some others have done in the past six months. However, keeping Skittles out of the first 11 is nothing to shout about.

I think Lovren will stay in the summer, but he'll become something of a squad filler than regular in the team. We can easily improve upon him and Matip will probably take his place.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:41 pm

When he's not making stupid mistakes and trying to prove something, he looks like a top class defender. In the last few weeks, he has been stable as a rock and it was Sakho that had become shaky. But this has been said about him when he was at Southampton.... that in some games he plays like a world class defender and in others he's just lousy...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:34 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:01 pm wrote:He's stepped up his game, which is more than some others have done in the past six months. However, keeping Skittles out of the first 11 is nothing to shout about.

I think Lovren will stay in the summer, but he'll become something of a squad filler than regular in the team. We can easily improve upon him and Matip will probably take his place.

I think Sakho and Lovren are building a decent partnership and to be fair to them they were left completely exposed in the opening 10 minutes last night by our fullbacks who pushed too far up the pitch and the midfield who gave the ball away way too cheaply. Believe me even the likes of Alan Hansen and Phil Thompson would be up against it if flying machines like Aubemeyang, Reuss and co. were given free reign to run at them.
Jurgen picked an attacking side last night and our players were obviously fired up by the atmosphere but we were too gung ho early on which dropped Sakho and Lovren right in it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:21 am

Yakka I  watched the game again last night and you're right, there were times when the full backs were a full 20+ yards in front of the CB's, Sakho was more or less in the LB position and Lovren standing in the centre - massive gaps because between the full back and Sakho/Lovren there were always 1-2 BVB players. A dangerous tactic. This went on all game mate. Not playing a defensive midfielder exacerbated the problem.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:52 am

Great points. I didn't like this aspect of our game. Even Clyne, who use to be solid defensively is being caught out of position. He was skinned by Reus time and time again, especially their third goal. Our fullbacks were playing as wingbacks. That's why I couldn't even blame the CB's for the goals conceded. Maybe Klopp feels that (as yakka) the best form of defense is attack against BD, which to a certain extent is true. But I preferred him to employ a more counter attacking strategy similar to the 2nd leg against Man U. In the end BD did succumb to our attacks but at the start of the game, we didn't need to. They had to score. I would've preffered he started with Origi and Sturridge, both can devastating at the counter, and either Lucas or allen partnering Can. Credit goes to Klopp for winning the tie, obviously, but if I'm being entirely objective, he almost lost it for us in the first 20 mins or so with the team set up and strategy.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:00 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:34 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:01 pm wrote:He's stepped up his game, which is more than some others have done in the past six months. However, keeping Skittles out of the first 11 is nothing to shout about.

I think Sakho and Lovren are building a decent partnership and to be fair to them they were left completely exposed in the opening 10 minutes last night by our fullbacks who pushed too far up the pitch and the midfield who gave the ball away way too cheaply. Believe me even the likes of Alan Hansen and Phil Thompson would be up against it if flying machines like Aubemeyang, Reuss and co. were given free reign to run at them.
Jurgen picked an attacking side last night and our players were obviously fired up by the atmosphere but we were too gung ho early on which dropped Sakho and Lovren right in it.

Agree with this. Great match and comeback and all but the way we were set up was horrible. Fullbacks pushing in the final third and not having any defensive midfielders (and having Milner as a MF) was a ludicrous tactical decision. I don't care what the "super fans" say about some of our reactions during the match but Klopp had to be crazy to play like that.

The only thing I blame the CB's for was the third goal (particularly Sakho). Some would blame Clyne but I disagree, Clyne was playing a good line and if Sakho was more disciplined in that situation we would have caught Reus offside.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:07 pm

I am not ashamed to admit I was wrong and Lovren has finally started to resemble the player I thought he should have been. He has excelled over the last few months and his winner against Dortmund will go down in history as one of the european highlights we have enjoyed over the decades.
Well done Dejan
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby redshade » Fri May 06, 2016 5:26 am

How he has improved under Klopp is superb comparef4to how poor he was. Im hoping he continues this development and become our permanent CB under Klopp.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 06, 2016 8:28 pm

Yeah I don't like lavishing too much praise on the fella just incase I jinx him but Dejan has been outstanding for months now. We wouldn't be in the Europa League final without him that's for sure.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:04 am

I'll go as far as saying that he's been our best player in this calendar year, along with James Milner. Both have been the most consistent and truly outstanding.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:21 am

https://youtu.be/Z3MBDaT7j34

Funny carpool from Dejan, Grujic and Markovic.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion