DANIEL AGGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:49 pm

Anyone know what's going on with Agger? I thought he was in training and in with a shout against Newcastle last weekend, he hasn't played in any reserve games  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:50 pm

i heard that he'd suffered a setback in training. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:51 pm

Physioroom says he will be back on Dec 2nd.

http://www.physioroom.com/news....ble.php
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:57 pm

To make matters worse, Carra is on 4 cards, another one and he will miss a game. Who comes in then Hobbs or Riise? No doubt he will miss the game against the fkn mancs :(
account deleted by request

Postby terrydixon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:29 pm

I hope Agger is coming back because Hypiä isnt so good anymore i think
--------------------REINA----------

FINNAN-----CARRAGHER---AGGER----RIISE

PENNANT-----GERRARD------ALONSO------BABEL

------------TORRES-----------KUYT

The Team which dominates Europe!!!!!
terrydixon

Postby Paul C » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:46 pm

s@int wrote:To make matters worse, Carra is on 4 cards, another one and he will miss a game. Who comes in then Hobbs or Riise? No doubt he will miss the game against the fkn mancs :(

Good point, I'd rest Carra against Bolton and maybe give hobbs a debut  ???
Last edited by Paul C on Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:47 pm

this could be a bit early for hobbs but sometimes the deep end is the best place to learn to swim, he seems to have all the attribrutes of a good cb, quick big and good on the ball
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:25 pm

Nah, I don't support resting our best CB because he might pick up a card.  He should play against Bolton and see what happens.  If he picks up a card, he'll miss the Reading game.  If he doesn't, no worries.  Hopefully Agger will be the time of the Reading game, anyway, to give another option.  This stretch of games is too important to be blooding youngsters at CB unless we absolutely have no other choice.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby burjennio » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:26 pm

Hobbs has down fairly well in the Rumbalows Cup against decent sides - but I dont know if we should be giving out 1st team debuts just yet, especially with ground to make up in the league
burjennio

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:31 pm

i think Rafa would more than likely play Arbeloa at CB with Hypia and lay Aurelio at left back and Finnan at RB...
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:32 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Nah, I don't support resting our best CB because he might pick up a card.  He should play against Bolton and see what happens.  If he picks up a card, he'll miss the Reading game.  If he doesn't, no worries.  Hopefully Agger will be the time of the Reading game, anyway, to give another option.  This stretch of games is too important to be blooding youngsters at CB unless we absolutely have no other choice.

Play him against Bolton and let him get a card (hopefully for kicking Diouf), we can afford to let him miss the Reading game and he comes back nicely rested for the game against the mancs. Sorted  :D

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:50 pm

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Nah, I don't support resting our best CB because he might pick up a card.  He should play against Bolton and see what happens.  If he picks up a card, he'll miss the Reading game.  If he doesn't, no worries.  Hopefully Agger will be the time of the Reading game, anyway, to give another option.  This stretch of games is too important to be blooding youngsters at CB unless we absolutely have no other choice.

Play him against Bolton and let him get a card (hopefully for kicking Diouf), we can afford to let him miss the Reading game and he comes back nicely rested for the game against the mancs. Sorted  :D

My thoughts exactly, mate.  :D

(As Pique demonstrated last weekend, we need experienced CBs to handle Bolton's route 1 stuff and to keep tabs on Anelka)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby username » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:01 pm

s@int wrote:

he will be suspended for one first team match, commencing seven days after the offence. So, the manc game, not the reading
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:09 pm

Well, he won't be playing against Bolton either:

NO RETURN FOR INJURED TRIO
Jimmy Rice 30 November 2007 
  Xabi Alonso, Daniel Agger and Fabio Aurelio will again miss out this weekend after failing to recover from injury. 
Speaking ahead of the visit of Bolton on Sunday, Rafa Benitez said: "Because of the type of injury Xabi and Daniel have – metatarsal – we have to be really careful."

Both players have been out since Pompey on September 15, though Alonso made a brief return against Arsenal at the end of last month.

Brazilian left-back Aurelio is now back in training and is expected to be available in time for the Marseille showdown on December 11. 

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N157871071130-1302.htm

------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully he'll be back against Reading, so he'll get a bit of playing time ahead of our two crunch matches against Marseille and the Mancs.
JamCar05

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:36 am

Heard today that Agger will be back sooner rather than later after having a special boot made for him. Hopefully in time for a runout in the reading match, before the mancs.

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion