Current situation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:06 am

What is the current situation with Morientes, Aimar and Anelka? Any new news about these three? I've heard that we have raised our bid to 8 million pounds for Anelka, but thats about it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:16 am

everything is being haulted until after the Norwich game, direct quote from rafa.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:52 am

From what I've read just now it seems that Morientes deal is done as many English and Spanish papers have stated that the deal is in fact complete.

With the injury to Alonso we may not sell Biscan but if we do the possibility of signing Aimar grows. We are also linked with a defender from Valencia.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:00 am

the valencia defender is down to signing papers i think. I thought that Madrid was holding out with morientes and had to speak to the new coach?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:02 am

Even so it seems that Morientes has his head set on us. Morientes would be an idiot if he was to stay at Madrid because the new coach is going to buy Robinho and that just doesn't give Morientes any chance of playing.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:38 am

A.B. wrote:From what I've read just now it seems that Morientes deal is done as many English and Spanish papers have stated that the deal is in fact complete.

With the injury to Alonso we may not sell Biscan but if we do the possibility of signing Aimar grows. We are also linked with a defender from Valencia.

Morientes's agent says its still not a done deal yet
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:44 am

Thing is tho, Morientes was pushed down the pecking order by Owen who went to 3rd.............if the new Madrid coach does buy Robinho then doesnt that make Owen 4th choice??
That will wipe the smirk of the little ****** face
:laugh:
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:34 am

liamac wrote:Thing is tho, Morientes was pushed down the pecking order by Owen who went to 3rd.............if the new Madrid coach does buy Robinho then doesnt that make Owen 4th choice??

i guess so :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:39 am

And we trust agents all of a sudden?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:42 am

A.B. wrote:

And we trust agents all of a sudden?

thats all i have read is that the agent has not heard from the club, blah blah blah. I was reading a spanish paper (i had to translate it though   :Oo: ) but it said that liverpool had a deal done, but they it said about the agent.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:43 am

The_Rock wrote:
liamac wrote:Thing is tho, Morientes was pushed down the pecking order by Owen who went to 3rd.............if the new Madrid coach does buy Robinho then doesnt that make Owen 4th choice??

i guess so :D

It will feel like Winter break every month of the year  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:01 pm

Liverpool have left a take it or leave it £4 million offer on the table for Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes. 

Liverpool are hoping Madrid, who were holding out for £6 million, will finally crack and agree to do business during this month's transfer window.

Rafael Benitez wants both Morientes and Manchester City's former Anfield striker Nicolas Anelka to boost his side's strikeforce.

---------------------------------------------

Reports in France have claimed that Nicolas Anelka will this week leave Manchester City and return to Anfield. 

Anelka never wanted to leave Liverpool in the first place but the striker was forced out of the club by previous manager Gerard Houllier.

Rafael Benitez is an admirer of Anelka and he can also play in the Champions League.

Reports from France are saying that Anelka will sign a four-year contract at Anfield although Manchester City have denied that there is any agreement with Liverpool.

------------------------------------

France Under-21 playmaker Anthony Le Tallec will return to Liverpool this week after St Etienne have decided to cut short his loan spell. 

It was Le Tallec's decision to leave Liverpool on loan during the summer as he wanted regular football but injury problems and a failure to settle hasn't endeared him to St Etienne.

It remains to be seen whether Le Tallec has a change of attitude and is prepared to fight for a place under the Rafael Benitez era at Anfield.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Alanay » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:41 am

Who's that defender from Valencia ?
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:43 am

Pellegrino
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greece2004 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:18 am

I allready said that Liverpool made a final ofer of 4 milions pounds but someone here didnt believe me. :p .With Robinho to Madrid Morientes has no chanches to play exept if Real will give Owen to Barca as a part exchange for Et'to.
One World One Love One Love Parade
greece2004

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion