Club world championship in december

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Fri May 27, 2005 11:43 pm

banana wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:The UEFA Super Cup match is in August in Monaco.

I know it's a meaningless match, but we have to play it anyway and I doubt CSKA will pose much of a problem. It's a trophy, we should just go for it and win it. We should tell UEFA to go f*ck themselves, but that's not going to happen.

The FIFA World Club Championship is only two games against less than impressive opposition. We should enter that and win it too. Besides, if we have new players in the squad by then, it's a good opportunity to let them settle in and it's good for team morale to win a trophy, whatever it may be.

Two relatively easy trophies, we gain respect by competing and winning the Super Cup despite our treatment by UEFA, and we if we play in Japan, it may expand our fanbase in Asia so from a financial point of view it's a good decision to take part.

This is not true.

CSKA is a good team. And Abramovich is pumping cash into the club just like he is doing in Chelsea.

And I think you underestimate the opposition in Fifa world club championship. I remember last time when manchester were in it. It was maybe the best Man U team in the last 10 years, but still they got hammered 3-0 by Vasco Da Gama

I remember that tournament, Beckham got sent off and G.Neville had a sh1t3r  :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat May 28, 2005 12:17 am

woof woof ! wrote:Monty Python and the World Club Cup. Not sure which is the bigger circus. I'm with Dalglish on this one (not necessarily for the same reasons) .

To travel to the other side of the world to play in a pointless match that is after all nothing more than an exhibition promoted by the footballing authorities is a total waste of our players time and energy. . Tell Fifa to "Fu'ck Off "    :kungfu:  :buttrock

Thanks for backing me up Woof Woof and agreeing we should make a stand although telling FIFA and UEFA to Feck off might not be the best approach but I agree with the sentiment  :D

It all really hinges on whether we are included in next season's CL for me. If we are and i suspect they will find a way then fine lets represent UEFA as their premier club , If the answers no then we need to make a stand and stop this crazy allocation system they employ.

Liverpool are in an inceredibly strong position and as we are known for being so different to many other clubs what is the problem with once again setting a precedent ? :glare:

Fans of this great club need to see the bigger picture and not allow themselves to be beguiled by trophies under the guise of PR for FIFA and UEFA !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat May 28, 2005 5:18 am

Excellent point Ian. Why should we represent UEFA if they don't even want the champions in their premier club tournament?

If UEFA don't let us into the CL, then why the :censored: should we go and represent them for PR purposes?

We shouldn't, unless they let us in, then I take back what I have said.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion