Champions League last 8 Qtr final.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:03 am

only me » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:53 pm wrote:Great result for us at Manchester...City confidence will down even more..Now hope Mo is ok and we should be feeling even better.

I'm not too happy... good teams rarely loses 3 times in a row when you think about probability...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:12 am

maguskwt » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:03 am wrote:
only me » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:53 pm wrote:Great result for us at Manchester...City confidence will down even more..Now hope Mo is ok and we should be feeling even better.

I'm not too happy... good teams rarely loses 3 times in a row when you think about probability...

Let them beat us mate as long as it 2-1.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:44 pm wrote:

True but City should have been 5-0 up in the first half, they scored 2, Sterling missed 2 sitters and Gundogan hit the post when he should have really scored (that's without mentioning the very good penalty shout they had turned down as well).
United have got a good defence but they were absolutely torn to shreds in the first half.
If we go into Tuesdays game thinking it's going to be a cakewalk we could easily come unstuck.

If we would have played away first and City were leading the tie 3-0 would you in all honesty give us a hope at Anfield that we would score 4 and keep City out ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:58 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:35 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:44 pm wrote:

True but City should have been 5-0 up in the first half, they scored 2, Sterling missed 2 sitters and Gundogan hit the post when he should have really scored (that's without mentioning the very good penalty shout they had turned down as well).
United have got a good defence but they were absolutely torn to shreds in the first half.
If we go into Tuesdays game thinking it's going to be a cakewalk we could easily come unstuck.

If we would have played away first and City were leading the tie 3-0 would you in all honesty give us a hope at Anfield that we would score 4 and keep City out ?

That's purely a hypothetical question and irrelevant.
But to answer an irrelevant question... IMO, LFC have and will continue to achieve beyond all expectations when playing at Anfield in Europe.
She is our fortress.
---
$hitie have now been taught this as with Europe's cream of the crop.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:22 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:58 pm wrote:
But to answer an irrelevant question... IMO, LFC have and will continue to achieve beyond all expectations when playing at Anfield in Europe.
She is our fortress.
---

The reason I quoted Yakka was I wanted his response ,other than that ,no question is extraneous if its pertaining to the matter being discussed ,yes miracles occur at Anfield but putting 4 goals past City whilst keeping a clean sheet to prevent an away goal killing the tie ,not even the most optimistic with his head permanently in the realms of fantasy would envisage those events unfolding. I think we have to be practical here,most City fans don't see a way back at the Etihad unless Liverpool have two players sent off and one of them being the keeper and I cant help but concur.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:36 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:22 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:58 pm wrote:
She is our fortress.
---

The reason I quoted Yakka was I wanted his response ,other than that ,no question is extraneous if its pertaining to the matter being discussed ,yes miracles occur at Anfield but putting 4 goals past City whilst keeping a clean sheet to prevent an away goal killing the tie ,not even the most optimistic with his head permanently in the realms of fantasy would envisage those events unfolding. I think we have to be practical here,most City fans don't see a way back at the Etihad unless Liverpool have two players sent off and one of them being the keeper and I cant help but concur.

I don't think anyone disagrees with you. In fact, if you read my posts you will find that we agree.
That said, the tie is only at HT. There are a minimum of 90mins to go, which should be treated with respect, integrity and honesty. Anything less, and we'll be cut a new one...
---
You mentioned going there fearless and for the fans I'd expect nothing less.
However, I want the team to go there with a professional attitude and treat the game as though it is 0-0
---
There is a very FINE LINE between fearless and stupidity.
---
NO EMOTION - NO HEROICS - LET'S JUST GOT THE JOB DONE!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:50 pm

We just have to focus again, and it should be enough.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:57 pm

Really ? It seems to me you can get the job done with the minimum of fuss being fearless ,but stupidity tends to win you f*ck all ! As for showing no emotion I'm afraid you have this football game all wrong fella, as I'm pretty confident it goes hand in hand and showing heroics has won games since the sport evolved ,so I really don't know where you're going with that ,if you mean you want us to be methodical then just say so ,but please don't remove the two biggest factors that have made this club what it is.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:46 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:57 pm wrote:Really ? It seems to me you can get the job done with the minimum of fuss being fearless ,but stupidity tends to win you f*ck all ! As for showing no emotion I'm afraid you have this football game all wrong fella, as I'm pretty confident it goes hand in hand and showing heroics has won games since the sport evolved ,so I really don't know where you're going with that ,if you mean you want us to be methodical then just say so ,but please don't remove the two biggest factors that have made this club what it is.

YES really!
Methodical yes...
Be careful of emotion tho fella. It will lead to all sorts of problems... Have you ever played pro-sport?
The best in all sports are the ones who keep their cool under immense pressure.
To keep ones cool IS to put ones emotions to one side.
That's a fact!
---
Do you really think that Klopp was emotional as a player as he is a coach, during play?
---
If you don't believe me... GO and play any sport at pro level, you'll see.
---
IN FACT - I board my flight in two days for a 'BIGGY' pro sports event in the USA -
As I did the season when we played Dortmund... (The timing is frustrating - but money is money.)
---
The yanks learned a lot about the passion of LFC that night (afternoon) :eyebrow 
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:15 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:46 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:57 pm wrote:Really ? It seems to me you can get the job done with the minimum of fuss being fearless ,but stupidity tends to win you f*ck all ! As for showing no emotion I'm afraid you have this football game all wrong fella, as I'm pretty confident it goes hand in hand and showing heroics has won games since the sport evolved ,so I really don't know where you're going with that ,if you mean you want us to be methodical then just say so ,but please don't remove the two biggest factors that have made this club what it is.

YES really!
Methodical yes...
Be careful of emotion tho fella. It will lead to all sorts of problems... Have you ever played pro-sport?
That's a fact!
---
Do you really think that Klopp was emotional as a player as he is a coach, during play?
---
---
IN FACT - I board my flight in two days for a 'BIGGY' pro sports event in the USA -
As I did the season when we played Dortmund... (The timing is frustrating - but money is money.)
---
The yanks learned a lot about the passion of LFC that night (afternoon) :eyebrow 

Emotion is what motivates us all ,it certainly plays a big part in following this team. I cant believe you're asking someone who posts on a LFC forum has he ever played pro sports  :laugh: Oh and I'm sure the yanks would have been really impressed with how passionate you were watching it on TV  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:35 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:15 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:46 pm wrote:

YES really!
Methodical yes...
That's a fact!
---
---
---
---

Emotion is what motivates us all ,it certainly plays a big part in following this team. I cant believe you're asking someone who posts on a LFC forum has he ever played pro sports  :laugh: Oh and I'm sure the yanks would have been really impressed with how passionate you were watching it on TV  :D

Passion my friend. It's called PASSION. This is what motivates people...
Emotion on the other hand can and will cause people to stay in bed rather than get out of it.
PASSION. This will lead to ambition...
It is LFC's ambition to get into the last 4 tomo evening.
---
Anyway. Am off this now. Gonna put in a couple more practice sessions, eat well, sleep well and travel.
All being well - I'll be back in 11 days time anticipating another 2leg tie with WHOMEVER...
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:58 pm

I don't even know WTH you guys arguing about...

:D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:37 pm

maguskwt » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:58 am wrote:I don't even know WTH you guys arguing about...

:D

Are we arguing ,its news to me  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:24 am

Mods can you change the topic to last 4!.

So guys its

LIVERPOOL
Real Madrid/Juventus
Bayern Munich/seville
Roma

Who would you want???

Personally i wouldn't mind Roma. I would love Bayern to kick out Real and Klopp getting a final with his arch enemies.

Considering yesterdays shocks who knows maybe Sevilla will get one over Bayern or a Juventus comeback.
Last edited by redshade on Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:34 am

Mate, why not wait until the last four are confirmed and you can start a "CL the Semi's " thread   :eyebrow

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion