Champions League last 4 Semi Finals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:12 pm

Personally I think its a bad draw and even worse that we have the first leg at home. The away leg will also be tricky as they know all about European nights and how to generate an atmosphere similar to ourselves so it won't be an easy place to go.

Their league form won't matter a toss in this tie.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:22 pm

Its semi finals , strong cases could be make for and against for all 3 sides

Happy enough with it after Citeh result , we shouldn't be fearing anyone

Besides it could be worse, you could be Coutinho wondering what to do on those dates
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:23 pm

It’s a good draw, we will give them nightmares at anfield...the tricky part will be the away tie.

Am slightly disheartened by the ticket prices at anfield...500 quid, seriously?  :down:
Franky000

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Our game plan with the first leg at home,has got to be to score 3/4/5 goals and keep a clean sheet.

We can win this tie in the first leg, and not worrying about the second leg. Although Roma made a comeback versus Barcelona, are they really good enough to do that twice!??

A 3-0 advantage should be enough to take to Rome and get through IMO.

We just have to go for goals on the 24th of April.

I'd have preferred to face Real in the semis rather than the final though.

Mo Salah will be familiar with Roma's Stadium though, so should feel pretty much at home.

CAn't wait for the Atmosphere at Anfield on the first leg.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:07 pm

Franky000 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:23 pm wrote:It’s a good draw, we will give them nightmares at anfield...the tricky part will be the away tie.

Am slightly disheartened by the ticket prices at anfield...500 quid, seriously?  :down:

GTF £500 quid  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:21 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:07 pm wrote:
Franky000 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:23 pm wrote:It’s a good draw, we will give them nightmares at anfield...the tricky part will be the away tie.

GTF £500 quid  :laugh:

Is that from a tout? I had to go corporate and it was £285
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:22 pm

Roma got out of a tough group but that was mainly due to Atletico drawing twice with Quarabag,
Atletico beat Roma in Spain and drew 0-0 with them in Italy taking 4 points from a possible 6 but as I said those 2 draws cost Atletico a place in the knockout stages.
Roma actually got past both Shatkar and Barca on the away goals rule.
They will be a tough nut to crack but considering the team's that started this competition (PSG, Barca, City, Juventus, United, Spurs etc etc) we have got to be happy with the draw.
They will be happy they avoided Madrid and Bayern as well, they'll be happy with the draw themselves.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:33 pm

I have a bad feeling about this one now, playing against the highly motivated underdog that will play a defensive game against us. A lot of similar stories have ended badly for us. Then again, there are no easy opponents at this stage anyway.

Unpopular opinion here: I actually prefer to play the first leg at home. Do your job and beat them at home, let them worry about the pressure in the second leg. This is exactly why we progressed against City. Had we played the first leg at the Etihad they would have blown us away like we did to them, then we'd have to play catch up like they did in the second leg.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:06 pm

I dont think its the best draw all the ties would have been about same to me.

That said we have an outstanding chance of winning it now and I think we will.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:17 pm

Its as good as we could have hoped for. Roma will not fancy it after our demolition job on City and this could be us v  City mark II

Beat them 2 or 3 at Anfield and they will NOT be able to park any bus at home....

Also, lets  consider any other draw and we would have most likely be looking at beating Real AND Bayern to win it.

No easy ties but lets face it , on form we can blow any team away at Anfield. We do that with Roma and it very likely is pretty much job done. If City found it hard to live with the Anfield atmosphere which they see/ hear every year in the league (albeit amplified on European nights)  I think there is a very good likelihood that Roma will brick it and then some.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:09 pm

We just have to blitz them in the first leg reminiscent to the City match. It will be our final chance on home turf in the champions league so we will give it our all.

I'm confident we will go to the final it won't be easy but we will get there.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red_indian » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Hoping Roma wilt under the pressure as I can imagine the media in Italy are going to pile it on - especially with Juve going out the way they did and Italy not at the World Cup. The weight of a proud footballing nation will be on their shoulders. Could prove too much.

I’m pretty confident we can turn them over. This tie could have been against Barcelona - know which I prefer, despite their patchy form I would have been much less upbeat about turning them over two legs.
red_indian

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:18 pm

Guys another positive for us is that our defence has gained good experience against City. It will help us against Roma who can also attack quite well.

I've said it somewhere before i honest feel it will be a Bayern vs LIVERPOOL  final. I think Bayern will just about beat Ronaldo Madrid.

What a scenario will that be for Klopp, time to get revenge.

When you take a step back and think we are in the semi final of the champs league give you chills.

I can't wait for the tie absolutely looking forward to it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:37 pm

If we get thru against Bayern we will be wearing white, if we need Real we will be wearing Red which is the color that we won the cup the past 5 times
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:02 am

Thanks Santa, so I now want RM to beat Bayern. We must be in red.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion