Andre Wisdom official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Apologies if there is one already, but I cant find it.
I thought he played well up to the derby, where he got ripped apart by those lovable, genteel bitter tw@ts. Yesterday he seems to lack confidence and ability and their goal was mostly down to his ball watching and leaving the player on his own a the back stick. Not forgetting that his foul throw led to newcastle gaining possession which led to their goal.
Any thoughts?
Thommo's perm

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:07 pm

I don't think he'll make it here to be honest. I like the fella and think he's a decent footballer, but I believe he lacks the technical abilities in defence to hold that position as his own. He may well become a spare-part player, bit-part player but I don't think he's got what it takes to succeed at this level. My main worry is how slow he is on and off the ball and how slow he is to react to what is going on around him. I don't think he'll be able to dislodge Johnson and Kelly from that right back position.
Boxscarf

Postby tubby » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:22 pm

He's only 19 mate... a bit premature to be writing him off tbh. I think he's done well to come into the 1st team and till now the only game which he has looked uncomfortable was against Everton who are one of the form teams at the moment. I think he will come good eventually if given the right amount of mentoring.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:46 pm

he`ll be a top player, he`s still a decade away fom his late 20`s prime and dont forget coming through the ranks he played 90% of his football as a CB so he`s still trying to adapt to the fullback position.
he`s confidence probably took a knock in the derby but thats natural, all players, even the greats often talk about one or two nightmare games they had early on in their careers and how they learned from the experience.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:21 pm

He's a centre back playing at right back, which isn't uncommon for a young player as they are rarely trusted at centre half at that age.

He's quick, strong and brave and he'll make a great centre half in a few years.  Once Johnson is fit though I'd probably drop him to the bench and keep Enrique in the team.

As for the goal yesterday I actually thought Enrique was most to blame... Ben Arfa went by him far too easily.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:30 pm

john craig » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm wrote:He's a centre back playing at right back, which isn't uncommon for a young player as they are rarely trusted at centre half at that age.

He's quick, strong and brave and he'll make a great centre half in a few years.  Once Johnson is fit though I'd probably drop him to the bench and keep Enrique in the team.

As for the goal yesterday I actually thought Enrique was most to blame... Ben Arfa went by him far too easily.

Enrique redeemed himself with the hoof to Suarez because he had been terrible up to then.
The thing about their goal was that Wisdom had no clue whatsoever that their player was behind him and got naively sucked in which gave them the free shot.
He needs help and support but also to watch the match and see where he went wrong so he doesnt make the same mistake
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:33 pm

john craig » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm wrote:He's a centre back playing at right back, which isn't uncommon for a young player as they are rarely trusted at centre half at that age.

that's how i saw it too.  Don't know what's happened with Enrique...he's been awful this season.

As for Wisdom, he's young and learning his trade in the place where he can cause the least damage, out wide.  Didn't Carra start the same way, at right back?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:30 pm wrote:
Enrique redeemed himself with the hoof to Suarez because he had been terrible up to then.

Enrique has been below his best this season BUT let's be fair to the fella that wasn't a hoof to Suarez, Enrique looked up saw and got the "nod" from Luiz who then turned an legged it forward, Enrique then delivered the long pass Luiz was hoping for.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:55 pm

i think rodgers will need to take one or two young players out of the firing line if it looks like their confidence and performances are starting to dip.
it doesnt do young players any favours to leave them in the side if they are getting ripped to shreds by opposition players, that can shatter their confidence and it might take them a long time to recover.
wisdom and suso are getting near that point imo.
he can always bring them on as subs until their confidence returns.
both of them are going to be massive players for us in years to come but like everyone else they need to get used to the pace and physicality of the game at the highest level first. gerrard said it took months and months before he lost that `wtf happened there? that game was so quick it just passed me by` feeling.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:56 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:33 pm wrote:
As for Wisdom, he's young and learning his trade in the place where he can cause the least damage, out wide. 

Well I've gotta go with Thommo on this one, we were attacking, Wisdom commits the schoolboy error of a foul throw which gave possession to Newcastle and seconds later their goal.

If he's gonna do less damage out wide lets hope the lad learns how to take a throw in.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:03 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:56 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:33 pm wrote:
As for Wisdom, he's young and learning his trade in the place where he can cause the least damage, out wide. 

Well I've gotta go with Thommo on this one, we were attacking, Wisdom commits the schoolboy error of a foul throw which gave possession to Newcastle and seconds later their goal.

If he's gonna do less damage out wide lets hope the lad learns how to take a throw in.

i didnt even think it was a foul throw, and an awful lot happened between the throw and cabaye`s shot, but i do think miralles has dented his confidence a bit and he probably could do with spell on the bench.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:03 pm wrote:
i didnt even think it was a foul throw, and an awful lot happened between the throw and cabaye`s shot, but i do think miralles has dented his confidence a bit and he probably could do with spell on the bench.

If you were our manager, Raheem Sterling would be playing with armbands and a little dingy. Christ almighty, the lad is 19, not 6. He should learn from his mistakes from the Everton and not be so mentally weak that one poor performance effects his confidence and shatters all his hard-work in the youth set up. Players like Suso and Wisdom are young and are still learning - they'll have some poor matches along the way, this is inevitable and the sooner the players realise that no matter what age they are, or how good they become there will be times where they go through bad patches or suffering at the hands of opposition players. That's just the way it is. Wrapping them up in cotton wool and spoon feeding them is not the way to go. If Wisdom cannot overcome one poor performance then he has no place at this club.
Boxscarf

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Boxscarf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:42 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:03 pm wrote:

If you were our manager, Raheem Sterling would be playing with armbands and a little dingy. Christ almighty, the lad is 19, not 6. He should learn from his mistakes from the Everton and not be so mentally weak that one poor performance effects his confidence and shatters all his hard-work in the youth set up. Players like Suso and Wisdom are young and are still learning - they'll have some poor matches along the way, this is inevitable and the sooner the players realise that no matter what age they are, or how good they become there will be times where they go through bad patches or suffering at the hands of opposition players. That's just the way it is. Wrapping them up in cotton wool and spoon feeding them is not the way to go. If Wisdom cannot overcome one poor performance then he has no place at this club.

what a load a sh!te.

And Sterling is 17, not 19
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:03 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:55 pm wrote:
And Sterling is 17, not 19

I was referring to Andre Wisdom being 19, not Sterling! Also I find it risible that you should brand someone else's post as a load of sh*te, have you ever re-read any of the stuff you have typed? "Rafa Benitez  :laugh:" being just one of the latest sh*te you have posted.
Boxscarf

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:50 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:30 pm wrote:

Enrique has been below his best this season BUT let's be fair to the fella that wasn't a hoof to Suarez, Enrique looked up saw and got the "nod" from Luiz who then turned an legged it forward, Enrique then delivered the long pass Luiz was hoping for.

Enrique has been weak defensively to say the least, but the ball to Suarez was an absolute peach mate .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion