Aly Cissokho- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Stu the Red » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:38 pm wrote:"wish these foreigners would all go back to where they came from"

"they took our jobs"

Was only a joke... may not have been a very good one... but it was an attempt. :down:

What job is that? Professional footballer?  :)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:34 am

Stu the Red » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:38 pm wrote:"wish these foreigners would all go back to where they came from"

"they took our jobs"

Was only a joke... may not have been a very good one... but it was an attempt. :down:

Oh that's what u meant...  :laugh:  I am a foreigner so u have to excuse my ignorance.
killerp

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:39 pm

After turning in a few sturdy defensive displays I think Cissokho was desperately unlucky in being usurped to accommodate Johnson's
return to the first team .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:40 am

Maybe the fact that Johnson can actually move with the ball in forward direction got him in the team? Cissokho is absolutely hopeless, id take almost anyone ahead of him
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:59 am

Fowler_E7 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:40 am wrote:Maybe the fact that Johnson can actually move with the ball in forward direction got him in the team?

Yeah he goes forward,but Its such a shame it takes him a fucking fortnight to get back though  ........in it lid  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:57 am

He was decent against Arsenal, but honestly I cringe whenever he has the ball. He tries to get forward but seems to just kick the ball into the box instead of actually aiming for somebody. His passing is not very good either, and I swear it's only a matter of time before he pulls a Toure and gifts the other team a goal with an awful pass in the back.

Fullbacks have to be a huge priority this summer, especially considering we don't know what to expect when Enrique finally makes it back.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:50 am

Aly Cissokho has said he has no regrets over moving to Anfield, despite being questioned otherwise.

Liverpool loanee Aly Cissokho has had a mixed time since joining Liverpool, but says he has no regrets.

He was asked in a slightly tongue-in-cheek manner whether he regretted swapping the sunny climate of Spain for the usually miserable English weather in an interview with French newspaper L'Equipe.

The full-back replied: "No regrets, none! (You can) say that it is less a holiday destination but I came for the job. And Liverpool is a legendary club, historical.

"On match days, the city lives for it, much more than anywhere else I've played.

"You feel that football is the heart of every home. The stadium is always full. The songs, the atmosphere is awesome. This is the Champions League every weekend."

That's a great way of putting it, and he had more to add:

"I had already played with Lyon at Anfield, but there it is totally different. To wear this red shirt during the "You'll Never Walk Alone" is an extraordinary thing to live! This song, it is known worldwide.

"Already as a kid, it had struck me. I watched the games and I thought it was beautiful. But I never imagined in being a player one day.

"The first time, I felt a lot of emotions. I thought about all those years when I was younger, these hours I put in to believe in my dreams. And I realise how lucky I am to be here."

But will Cissokho be around to play Champions League football for real next season?

That's a topic he did not address, simply stating that he was doing his utmost to help the Reds win every game and finish as high as possible.

"The first goal is to qualify for the Champions League. But we feel that something is happening. Fulham, we win at the last minute from the penalty spot. This may be the luck of the champion."

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/02/28/french-press-ask-aly-cissokho-if-he-regrets-liverpool-move-he-sa/?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:58 am

I'd have him in the team ahead of Johnson at the moment and that's saying something considering I've spent most of the season wondering if Cissokho is really a professional footballer.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:09 am

Was reading that he'll be returning to Spain in the summer. Valencia are looking to sell him for around £3 mill, Rodgers apparently has shown little interest in making him a permanent signing but one or two spanish clubs are.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Likely to move to AC Milan at the end of the season along with Micah Richards whom Seedorf is apparently keen on. Would be a good move for Richards IMO.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:09 pm

personally i would have given him his ticket home as a christmas present  :nod
hopefully we will spend a decent amount on a replacement that will actually improve the position.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:22 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:36 pm wrote:Likely to move to AC Milan at the end of the season along with Micah Richards whom Seedorf is apparently keen on. Would be a good move for Richards IMO.

I'd take a gamble on Richards.

Would add to our arial threat at set pieces and he can't be any worse than Johnson.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed May 14, 2014 9:07 pm

When does he go back to Valencia?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 14, 2014 9:13 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:22 pm wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:36 pm wrote:Likely to move to AC Milan at the end of the season along with Micah Richards whom Seedorf is apparently keen on. Would be a good move for Richards IMO.

I'd take a gamble on Richards.

Would add to our arial threat at set pieces and he can't be any worse than Johnson.

Someone was telling me in the ale house the other day Stu that Richards is basically a done deal, he's deffo coming here.
Don't know how true it is like.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed May 14, 2014 9:40 pm

My fave memory of him was when he went head-to-head with Wilshere after the latter gave Sterling a really hard tackle.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion