ALISSON BECKER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:32 pm

The bookies have made us 2nd favourites for the title, given a lot of them thought we needed a top class keeper to be regarded as genuine title challenges it looks like they think we've now got one.

Edit - I see Roma have tweeted a thank you and goodbye message to Alisson as well, looks like the deal is done.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby NorfolkRed » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Now officially confirmed. Massive!!
NorfolkRed

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:14 pm

Klopp on Alisson

At one point in the last few weeks it came up, the opportunity to sign one of the world’s best goalkeepers.“Then it’s not a long thought, to be honest, it’s only that you need to have a little talk with the owners! They were quite excited, so we did it.

“I think it’s something we have to do. He has nothing to do with the price, we have nothing to do with the price, it’s the market, that’s how it is and we will not think a lot about it. “It shows the value of goalkeepers, of course, in this moment. “It will happen a lot in the next few weeks I guess and that’s it, so we are really happy to have him here now. “His English is surprisingly good and he is a real personality.”
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Beautiful announcement we can all sleep easy tonight and raise a glass to Alisson tomorrow evening. Taken years to part with the cash and genuinely replace Reina and it's caused us all a lot of pain and suffering watching terrible keepers, and also the chaos that imposes on any defence you put together. No more looking away on corners and pass backs. Savour the moment and let's hope the lads everything we hope and more.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:01 pm

Great news  :buttrock
He is an upgrade on what we have so happy days!!

Welcome to the club  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:07 pm

Even when he’s asleep he’s an upgrade on karius.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:24 pm

In his presser he revealed that Salah was texting him about the move  :D

"Yesterday, he sent me a message saying: 'Hey, what are you waiting for?' As the negotiations were at an advanced stage, I replied to him straight away saying: 'Calm down, I'm on my way!'

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 pm

Finally official

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/307801-liverpool-confirm-alisson-deal

We have arguably one of the strongest team in decades, all due to Klopp.

Just compare what we have now to the rubbish under Bodgers and you will see why those that defended him were truly deluded cultists.

For the first time in a long, long time we are one of the favorites for the title.

All hail Klopp!!!!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby killerp » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:53 pm

Never thought I would see a decent Lfc team in my lifetime, always an obvious weakness in the team to undermine our season. Have to say klopp and the owners have outperformed my expectations on this one.
killerp

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:03 am

killerp » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:53 pm wrote:Never thought I would see a decent Lfc team in my lifetime, always an obvious weakness in the team to undermine our season. Have to say klopp and the owners have outperformed my expectations on this one.

FSG have backed Klopp when he's asked for it. Fantastic to have a manager who won't splurge cash just for the sake of it, but hold out for world class talent who genuinely buy into the long term project.  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:57 am

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:04 am

eds » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:29 am wrote:Finally official
Just compare what we have now to the rubbish under Bodgers and you will see why those that defended him were truly deluded cultists.

Just thought I'd take the opportunity to call Bodgers a 'snake oil merchant'.  :laugh:

Carry on.....  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:10 am

7_Kewell » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:24 pm wrote:In his presser he revealed that Salah was texting him about the move  :D

"Yesterday, he sent me a message saying: 'Hey, what are you waiting for?' As the negotiations were at an advanced stage, I replied to him straight away saying: 'Calm down, I'm on my way!'

:D I love Salah.

Can't wait to see our lads back in premiership action. Welcome Alisson can't believe we finally will have a solid keeper since forever.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:40 am

7_Kewell » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:24 am wrote:In his presser he revealed that Salah was texting him about the move  :D

:laugh:  :buttrock
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:33 am

And officially, welcome to the club to one of the best goalies in the world! Great signing, exactly the kind of GK we needed.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion