ALBERTO MORENO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:25 am

Liverpool can confirm they have reached an agreement with Sevilla for the transfer of Spain international full-back Alberto Moreno.

The Reds will proceed with the formalities of finalising the deal for the 22-year-old over the coming days and will make no further announcement until it is complete.

From the official site http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest- ... -principle

With the fee reported to be just over 12 million this looks a really great buy... Welcome to Liverpool Alberto :D
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:36 am

cardiff-red » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:25 am wrote:Liverpool can confirm they have reached an agreement with Sevilla for the transfer of Spain international full-back Alberto Moreno.

The Reds will proceed with the formalities of finalising the deal for the 22-year-old over the coming days and will make no further announcement until it is complete.

From the official site http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest- ... -principle

With the fee reported to be just over 12 million this looks a really great buy... Welcome to Liverpool Alberto :D

:buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:47 am

Great news...backline sorted. We can now focused on adding a top striker to our squad and also to improve on our goolkeeping department. Maybe someone to challenge or to replace Mignolet as No.1?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:19 am

Disagree, don't think he's a better player than Enrique and another baffling signing for me. We're desperate for a right back, not a left back. Rodgers has royally f*cked up here again.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:04 pm

Don't we have Flanagan and manquillo as RB?

It does look like the back line is settled. Now for a striker then. Don't think we will be purchasing a gk though...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:06 pm

never seen the lad play and was looking forward to seeing him in the super cup final but he never made it.
welcome to the club lad and best of luck
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:11 pm

maguskwt » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:04 am wrote:Don't we have Flanagan and manquillo as RB?

It does look like the back line is settled. Now for a striker then. Don't think we will be purchasing a gk though...

There both absolutely shight mate. Flanagan only runs his heart out for 89 minutes and Manquillo is foreign  :laugh:

Stu is right there is virtually nobody in the team with any quality. Sack them all and for fks sake get rid of Rodger's !! The seasons a complete write off...............
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:24 pm

maguskwt » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:04 am wrote:Don't we have Flanagan and manquillo as RB?

He's a LB and we have 1... Enrique.

We can stop plugging LB with RB's now.
Kopite-Jud

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:34 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:19 am wrote:Disagree, don't think he's a better player than Enrique and another baffling signing for me. We're desperate for a right back, not a left back. Rodgers has royally f*cked up here again.

shut up you ungrateful spoilt little urchin, no one at this club could ever do anything right in your eyes . why don't you take yersen off!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:45 pm

Kopite-Jud » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:24 am wrote:

He's a LB and we have 1... Enrique.

We can stop plugging LB with RB's now.

Exactly.

We REALLY missed Enrique last season and he's still not 100% fit from his injury. It's very wise to sign a young and upcoming left back, with more games and CL footie on the horizon. We can also let Flanagan and Manquillo fight it out for RB. Who knows, maybe Johnson will actually sort his sh!t out and fight for his place in the team  ???
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:19 am wrote:Disagree, don't think he's a better player than Enrique and another baffling signing for me. We're desperate for a right back, not a left back. Rodgers has royally f*cked up here again.

Johnson, Flanagan and Manquillo - RB

Enrique, Moreno LB

Need a RB ?  :Oo:
Kopite-Jud

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:56 pm

Here he is arriving at Melwood (not the best of pics i know)

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:59 pm

There is a great montage of Moreno playing against the scum last season, especially the second half performance

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:03 pm

How do you know? My bet is when we first signed Enrique you would have said he was cr@p and Riise was better. I like Enrique but this kid looks quicker, more dynamic and with more end product. Time will tell Stu but in the meantime I'd rather be positive. Sometimes I feel you complain for the sake of it so you can later say I told you so. Even when we did far better than you thought last season you blamed Rodgers for throwing it away. I'll say the team is much better than last year and we did not do a Spurs. We bought a better defender, two better CBs, a better defensive midfielder, a better creative midfielder and a better winger and if you compare Lambert for Aspas a better striker. At the end of last season I said we need to buy players that will make our starters warm the bench and we pretty much have except for a goalie and striker but we still have two weeks remaining. Your claims of "we should have got Fabragas for 30million" or "Costa for 32 million" is simplistic as you do not take into account that they wanted to go where they did (Sanchez too). You think Rodgers turned down the chance of Costa or Fabragas? You also seem to blame the manager for the Remy deal even though we agreed terms but he failed his medical, do you suggest we should have still signed him?

Bottom line is the season has not even started and you already wrote us of (as in every season). The constant negativity goes nowhere, I would rather make the most of it. I said last year that we will get third and we got second, and i am ok with it. You said sixth and you are complaining we only got second  :laugh: Anyone that said Gerrard was a liability you attacked as clueless but as it turned out they were right. I was fecked of for about two weeks when we lost the title last year since we were so close but I am realistic, had we won, it would have been a fecking miracle. This year we are alot more solid and we are in pool 3 for the CL draw and I guarentee you the pool 1 and pool 2 teams do not want us in their group, but what do they know. They do it for a living and you played semi-pro football and football manager.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:22 pm

I think the point Stu is trying to make is that the quality is still lacking at RB, perhaps more so than it is at LB. When you look at the squad prior to us signing Moreno, the best fullback at the club is Enrique by quite some distance. Second best is probably Flanagan who has only ever played first team football consistently at LB (and he's done relatively well in the position making him a reliable backup at LB).

If 12-15 mill was to be spent on a fullback, I would much rather had seen it spent on a RB rather than a LB. That said, if Moreno is as good as many on the forum are making out, then spending the money on his bargain signing is a no brainer. I havent seen enough of him to have an opinion one way or the other, but I'm hopeful. 

I'm still not sure who starts at RB for us. My worry is that Johnson might very well get a pass into the starting 11 courtesy of us not having any decent competition in the side. I really hope BR either brings someone in for RB or decides to give Flanagan more of a chance to make the role his own. Either way, its something we'll need to resolve by next summer unless Manquillo develops beyond expectation over the season.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion