ALBERTO MORENO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:01 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:05 pm wrote:From a purely defensive perspective that's the best game I've seen from Moreno today,the lad looks determined to keep Robertson out of the team and deserves a modicum of credit for his application earlier.

Agreed
But hes still not good enough for a club with title aspirations
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby Eagle » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:41 am

Thommo's perm » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:01 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:05 pm wrote:From a purely defensive perspective that's the best game I've seen from Moreno today,the lad looks determined to keep Robertson out of the team and deserves a modicum of credit for his application earlier.

Agreed

You could say that about the vast majority of our squad but certain fans have certain scapegoats and will never change their mind or give those players the credit they deserve no matter how well they play. Weird.
Eagle

Postby only me » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:46 am

Eagle » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:41 pm wrote:

Agreed

You could say that about the vast majority of our squad but certain fans have certain scapegoats and will never change their mind or give those players the credit they deserve no matter how well they play. Weird.

It's not a matter of scapegoats...He was terrible last year ,he is OK this year but i still think Robertson is better...And it's Weird Alberto is starting before him.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:12 pm

Eagle wrote:

Agreed

I think youre exaggerating with the "vast majority" comment to make your point about "scapegoats", which is deflecting from what I actually said. I stand by the fact that besides one or two good moments, he has been absolutely sh'ite since he's been here and its only in the last few months that he has raised his game to become average. He is not anywhere near being a great player by anyone's standards and I also stand by my comment that he is nowhere near good enough for LFC if we want to challenge for the league.
The only thing thats weird is that you havent got the sense to agree with me?
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:38 pm

The worst thing about Moreno is the opposition can smell the fear he gives off.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:53 pm

Im sick of saying how bad this player is. So much so that I'm not going to say anything about him.
What I will say is we can add Champions League to the trophies we wont win with him in the team.
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby parchpea » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Nice lad but needs binning, we are absolutely too soft with players.

Moreno has had plenty of chances and support but you should only go so far, I feel for Robertson another good lad recruited on a ticket to play and completely frozen out, waste of £8m. I would demand a move in January if I where him.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:18 pm

Robertson deserves his chance now Klopp must give him a go.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:45 pm

redshade wrote:Robertson deserves his chance now Klopp must give him a go.

No way is Klopp going to banish Moreno after just one game  :no And if he does ( a mega if ) it will more than likely be Milner who takes his place. In fairness to Moreno it was just last night that he stank the place out whereas Lovren has done so numerous times already this season and still manages to walk into that line up.
The story apparently with Robertson is that Klopp thinks he is to much of a LB and won't fit the system so he is not going to suddenly just get it now. He was a committee/ computer signing because no way Klopp signed a lad that can't fit his team.
Its more than likely the only thing Moreno will be given is a new contract  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:06 am

red till i die!! wrote:
redshade wrote:Robertson deserves his chance now Klopp must give him a go.

No way is Klopp going to banish Moreno after just one game  :no And if he does ( a mega if ) it will more than likely be Milner who takes his place. In fairness to Moreno it was just last night that he stank the place out whereas Lovren has done so numerous times already this season and still manages to walk into that line up.
The story apparently with Robertson is that Klopp thinks he is to much of a LB and won't fit the system so he is not going to suddenly just get it now. He was a committee/ computer signing because no way Klopp signed a lad that can't fit his team.
Its more than likely the only thing Moreno will be given is a new contract  :laugh:

I think youre right. Klopp has already made excuses for him and wont let himself be pressured into dropping him.
Basically we are fu'cked
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:07 pm

Roy Keane on Moreno

“What he did for the penalty, you wouldn’t see a child doing it,”

“It’s pure madness for an international player to do that"

“You look at the free-kick he gave away, that’s nothing to do with the manager. This has nothing to do with team shape or mentality"

“I know it’s a team game, but sometimes you have to point the finger and say 'you’re killing us, you’re costing us'.”
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:01 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:07 pm wrote:Roy Keane on Moreno

“You look at the free-kick he gave away, that’s nothing to do with the manager. This has nothing to do with team shape or mentality"

“I know it’s a team game, but sometimes you have to point the finger and say 'you’re killing us, you’re costing us'.”

Roy Keane is an Irish hoodlum, don't pay any attention to wat that numpty says either. He always slates Liverpool on TV. You manc supporter !!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Carragher:
‘I didn’t see Liverpool keeping a clean sheet, but to be 3-0 up and to seeing how Liverpool gave the goals away, and the actual game intelligence, it was like watching children play.’ ‘Moreno’s had a lot of credit this season because he’s performed a lot better than he has done. But he’s been at the club now for three or four years, and I don’t think a run of seven, eight games should cloud people’s judgement, of what you think of him as a player. ‘I still think Liverpool need a left-back. He has done a lot better this season but he still has those moments where he makes rash decisions and rash tackles. ‘And I don’t think that will ever go out of his game’

Souness:
"It is as if he doesn't understand the position. That is an incident where he comes into the middle of the pitch unnecessarily. Here is where he gives a free kick away unnecessarily. It was just clumsy. He never looks over his shoulder to see where the danger was coming. He frustrates the life out of me. I think he is an accident waiting to happen."
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:06 pm

Meanwhile this is what Albert said after the game to a Spanish radio station.

‘It’s beautiful to return home, to know that your family and friends are in the stands and to play in front of your former fans,’ said Moreno afterwards. ‘But I cannot be happy with the result and letting go of a 3-0 lead. ‘It’s difficult to play at the Sanchez Pizjuan, whether it’s in La Liga or in Europe. Sevilla have a great team. ‘We need to look at the mistakes we made and move on to our next game. This is football".

We need to look at the mistakes we made and this is football  :laugh: This mentality is rife at the club and we are mentally weak because of it. This club has changed so much in 10 years that players like him make the 1st 11 and its become acceptable. Henderson is another who somehow became captain of the team and it isn't based on his ability.  We used to have players who would never lie down because they wanted to win and not just for the club and its fans but for themselves. Most of what we have are just going through the motions on a weekly basis and just treat this club as another employer.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:12 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:01 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:07 pm wrote:Roy Keane on Moreno

Roy Keane is an Irish hoodlum, don't pay any attention to wat that numpty says either. He always slates Liverpool on TV. You manc supporter !!

Irish Hoodlum  :laugh: 
He isn't telling lies now is he ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion