ALBERTO MORENO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:39 pm

What's tough about it? Moreno is a truly awful football player, for the life of me I don't understand why Klopp has brought him back into the fold especially when Robertson has played really well each time he's played, it's baffling
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:06 pm

Robertson should be given a chance as he has shown his ability to defend and his end product is far better than Moreno. The only way we are going to improve at the back is by replacing players and in fairness Moreno had more than enough time to prove himself.
At the moment he seems to be jurgens no 1 and I admit he isn't stinking the place out but we can do much better by starting Robertson.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:00 am

WTF has happened hear? He's gone from being a walking disaster to just going about his defensive work in an effective no thrills manner. He's been our most reliable defender this season.
Eagle

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:13 am

Eagle » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:00 pm wrote:WTF has happened hear? He's gone from being a walking disaster to just going about his defensive work in an effective no thrills manner. He's been our most reliable defender this season.

Calm down. It was Maribor, ffs...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Eagle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:15 am

bunglemark2 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 pm wrote:
Eagle » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:00 pm wrote:WTF has happened hear? He's gone from being a walking disaster to just going about his defensive work in an effective no thrills manner. He's been our most reliable defender this season.

In case you've been living in a cave for the past 2 months, we've played 13 games prior to Maribor, ffs....

The fact that so few pundits and fans have been speaking about him is a positive sign. He's gone under the radar a bit but he's looking far more composed this season.
Eagle

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Still nowhere near good enough... :no
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:18 pm

Eagle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:15 am wrote:
bunglemark2 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 pm wrote:

In case you've been living in a cave for the past 2 months, we've played 13 games prior to Maribor, ffs....

The fact that so few pundits and fans have been speaking about him is a positive sign. He's gone under the radar a bit but he's looking far more composed this season.

Think you're onto something there. The media and fans in general have been very quiet on Moreno and that's because he's been quietly going about his business. I'm still unconvinced, but have to say he has improved.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:17 pm

He has just gone from stinking the place out to just being average. He hasn't cost us like in previous seasons so far but he is still the same player waiting to bust out.  Offensively his game hasn't improved either. He has no assists or goals in the premier league, He hasn't created any big chances, Has had 25 crosses and a success rate of 20% so other than not costing us goals I struggle to see where all the credit is coming from.
How he is playing ahead of Robertson is baffling beyond belief, the reason he is can't be down to ability because Robertson is on a different level completely. Has to be down to politics imo as he has performed when selected and somehow rarely makes a squad. I can understand using Moreno in Europe ahead of Robertson but it should not be happening in the league. Given how little we actually see Robertson I would hazard a guess that if Moreno got injured Klopp would look to milner instead.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:30 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:17 pm wrote:He has just gone from stinking the place out to just being average. He hasn't cost us like in previous seasons so far but he is still the same player waiting to bust out.  Offensively his game hasn't improved either. He has no assists or goals in the premier league, He hasn't created any big chances, Has had 25 crosses and a success rate of 20% so other than not costing us goals I struggle to see where all the credit is coming from.
How he is playing ahead of Robertson is baffling beyond belief, the reason he is can't be down to ability because Robertson is on a different level completely. Has to be down to politics imo as he has performed when selected and somehow rarely makes a squad. I can understand using Moreno in Europe ahead of Robertson but it should not be happening in the league. Given how little we actually see Robertson I would hazard a guess that if Moreno got injured Klopp would look to milner instead.

I'm also wondering why Robertson has suddenly stopped getting chances. Moreno has improved a bit, sure, but not so much so to be undroppable for every game we play. Also, Robertson showed that he's got potential, and IMO should be rotating with Moreno like Gomez and TAA are currently rotating at RB, but instead, he hasn't even been included on the bench for a while now. Not entirely sure what you mean by "politics" but I sure hope that that isn't the reason why this lad hasn't been included in our team.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:45 pm

I'd stick the lad in ahead of Lovren right now. Can't be any worse.
bunglemark2

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:07 pm

His good form for us has been rewarded with a recall to the Spain squad for the first time in a couple of seasons. Well done Alberto. He's been our most reliable defender this season. A completely unexpected turnaround and I'm really glad after the character assassination from some fans last season.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:16 pm

I don't think moreno is as bad as everyone says. He shows some good stuff going forward, but it's not just him that can't defend.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:09 am

damjan193 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:30 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:17 pm wrote:He has just gone from stinking the place out to just being average. He hasn't cost us like in previous seasons so far but he is still the same player waiting to bust out.  Offensively his game hasn't improved either. He has no assists or goals in the premier league, He hasn't created any big chances, Has had 25 crosses and a success rate of 20% so other than not costing us goals I struggle to see where all the credit is coming from.

I'm also wondering why Robertson has suddenly stopped getting chances. Moreno has improved a bit, sure, but not so much so to be undroppable for every game we play. Also, Robertson showed that he's got potential, and IMO should be rotating with Moreno like Gomez and TAA are currently rotating at RB, but instead, he hasn't even been included on the bench for a while now. Not entirely sure what you mean by "politics" but I sure hope that that isn't the reason why this lad hasn't been included in our team.

I'm also puzzled as to why we've not seen a bit more of Robertson. Moreno has improved this season but as Damjan says not to the point where he's undroppable.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Eh, how many foul throws from our Spain international today??
bunglemark2

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:05 pm

From a purely defensive perspective that's the best game I've seen from Moreno today,the lad looks determined to keep Robertson out of the team and deserves a modicum of credit for his application earlier.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion