ALBERTO MORENO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:51 pm

redshade » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:38 pm wrote:https://youtu.be/ogCwXm0Pt2I

What a hit son, what a hit!  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Hahahahaha

He tried an Alonso. :D
Alonso shot was i think in the halfway line.
I recall one was vs Luton when no keeper was there and anyone remember the one vs Newcastle, awesome.
Moreno really should have buried that.
Last edited by redshade on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Had that miss of cost us then I think Klopp would have punched the face off him at full time. What was he thinking trying to go it alone when we had a 4 on 1 situation I will never know but it just goes to show how braindead he is.
Absolutely no where near good enough for this level.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:15 am

He aimed for the middle of the goal  and the spin took it away from goal since he kicked it with the inside of his foot, it is elementary mistake that a pro should not make. If he aims for the left side of goal it goes right down the middle and he's a hero. Amateurish really!

To be fair, he did win the ball in the first place but still   :glare:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:08 pm

If he is he calibre of player the manager wants then we are well and truly fu'cked!
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:58 am

Is it my imagination but is Moreno beginning to look like a decent fullback ?

After the Arsenal game one report says

Liverpool's Alberto Moreno Won More Tackles Than Any Premier League Player in Weekend's Fixtures

His speed, stamina and abillity to put in some very good crosses was never in doubt but now although still not perfect his defensive positioning seems to have greatly improved.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:03 am

He's gone from poor to mediocre in my book. Was caught out of possession a few times yesterday and also made a few rash tackles where he completely missed the ball and left us exposed.  Alright as a squad player, I suppose, but think his first team appearances will dwindle as Robertson develops.

Personally, I think Robertson is a much better player. And he's only been here 5 mins
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:03 pm

He'll always be a bit dodgy and make defensive lapses but he's been pretty good so far. He played a major part in setting the tempo against Hoffienham and judging by some of the reactions of the crowd yesterday it seems the Anfield faithful are starting to take to him again. He'll certainly a trier.
Eagle

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:54 pm

He's a squad player at best. Has his decent attributes and his sht ones, he'll never be reliable though. You could get away with it sometimes, but he'll cost you points over the course of a season. In Robertson I hope we gave a more reliable option but I'm afraid it might be a similar story to Moreno. I actually think Clyde, TAA and perhaps even Gomez are better fullbacks than our 2 leftbacks. Might be a bit harsh on Robertson but you get the feel he has similar awareness issues to those of Moreno.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:04 pm

Still a liability in my book. I don't see that much improvement in him at all and certainly not enough to think he could be a good player for us. Where I see his improvement is in his link up play and support but not his decision making or defending. The team is playing well so he isn't under pressure but when he is that's when he will revert to type. He went to ground yesterday in the first half and took a swipe with both legs in some kind of scissoring motion so as long as he is doing rash stuff like that he is a liability.
Gomez has done pretty well for us at RB and could do an equal if not better job at LB so Moreno should be sold.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:11 pm

Can't believe he's still here, never mind playing as a starter. Has been in good form in recent games I'll give him that but he'll never be at the level we need him to be. He's fast and enthusiastic, links up well with the forwards as well, but he's too rash and reckless, lacks the awareness in defence and he'll always be a liability because of that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:44 am

Klopp thinks he is good. What does that say about Klop. Sack him!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:09 pm

Big Niall » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:44 am wrote:Klopp thinks he is good. What does that say about Klop. Sack him!

:laugh:
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:30 pm

Still a liability...
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:50 pm

He had another good game yesterday, tough choice between him and Robbo at the moment, both are playing well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion