ADAM LALLANA Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:58 pm

looks like brendan finally got his man with some respected names reporting he is due a medical today.
he is a decent player although imo overpriced, still it will be good to have him on board  :nod
welcome to the club adam  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:05 pm

don't jump the gun... dammit...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Nothing on official site about this being official  :Oo:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:52 pm

25 mill when players like Sanchez, Pedro, Fabregas, D.Costa, Di Maria, Khedira and others are/were available in the window for fees that reflect their ability is a bit of a rip off really. Decent player as has been mentioned but I was hoping it would fall through for one reason or the other. Sanchez is a player we've been linked with and he's the type of player (like Suarez and Torres before that) able to take us to the next level. I'm not sure if Lallana has anywhere near the quality required to do that.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:14 pm

aCe' » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:52 pm wrote:25 mill when players like Sanchez, Pedro, Fabregas, D.Costa, Di Maria, Khedira and others are/were available in the window for fees that reflect their ability is a bit of a rip off really. Decent player as has been mentioned but I was hoping it would fall through for one reason or the other. Sanchez is a player we've been linked with and he's the type of player (like Suarez and Torres before that) able to take us to the next level. I'm not sure if Lallana has anywhere near the quality required to do that.

Ace, according to the media, none of those players want to come here.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Assuming Luis is off a midfield/attack like this one wouldn't be too bad, obviously losing one of the best players in the world is always going to be a huge blow but we'd still be competitive with that sort of line up.

Can/Gerrard        Henderson

Markovic.              Coutinho       Sterling/ Lallana

Sturridge/Lambert

The clips I've seen of than Can he looks like he can motor for a CM and Markovic is lightening quick, add those 2 to Sterling and Sturridge and we'll have a lot of pace in the side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:37 pm wrote:Assuming Luis is off a midfield/attack like this one wouldn't be too bad, obviously losing one of the best players in the world is always going to be a huge blow but we'd still be competitive with that sort of line up.

Sturridge/Lambert

The clips I've seen of than Can he looks like he can motor for a CM and Markovic is lightening quick, add those 2 to Sterling and Sturridge and we'll have a lot of pace in the side.

a lot of pace maybe but would we have the goals we need to compensate for what we leak the other end ?
sturridge picks up a lot of knocks and has lambert really got the stamina to play week in week out in our system? he is ageing after all and hasnt been prolific enough from open play in my book. he netted 14 times last season in all comps and he takes all the pen's. 15 the season before. assuming sturridge can repeat last season's tally we are still a way off.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Jesus » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:03 am

NIce Lad, Whats his scoring record in last few seasons, and shots/ goals ratio? any one know??????????
Jesus
LFC Basic Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:21 am

red till i die!! » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:09 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:37 pm wrote:Assuming Luis is off a midfield/attack like this one wouldn't be too bad, obviously losing one of the best players in the world is always going to be a huge blow but we'd still be competitive with that sort of line up.

Sturridge/Lambert

a lot of pace maybe but would we have the goals we need to compensate for what we leak the other end ?
sturridge picks up a lot of knocks and has lambert really got the stamina to play week in week out in our system? he is ageing after all and hasnt been prolific enough from open play in my book. he netted 14 times last season in all comps and he takes all the pen's. 15 the season before. assuming sturridge can repeat last season's tally we are still a way off.

Exactly. Even with the ban, we can't afford to lose Suarez.

But let's not give up on him just yet. Let's wait until there are actual statements and quotes form the two clubs and from Suarez himself. The rumor so far is based on the media and their "sources".
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:56 am

Welcome to the club Adam and all the best

As for the fee well I guess England international and over price just go hand in hand
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:57 am

I'll put my neck out there and say this is another flop in the making. Do we really need a slight improvement on Allen for what we paying for this guy.
killerp

Postby only me » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:25 am

killerp » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:57 am wrote:I'll put my neck out there and say this is another flop in the making. Do we really need a slight improvement on Allen for what we paying for this guy.

For 2 reasons:

1. He does much more then Allen on the attacking front ,much more skillful and has a great pitch vision
2. Gerrard isn't getting any younger ,and you will need to fill the void.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:48 am

Welcome to the club. Do us proud.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:55 am

leeroy74 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:48 am wrote:Welcome to the club. Do us proud.

Has he signed?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:05 am

devaney » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:55 am wrote:
leeroy74 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:48 am wrote:Welcome to the club. Do us proud.

Has he signed?

No he has not signed, but this thread has been allowed to run, i remember creating an "official player thread" before and it was closed because the signing wasnt official yet (by 10 mins)  :angry:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion