Panorama - Hillsborough, how they buried the truth

Hillsborough remembrance and related information

Postby Homebooby » Wed May 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi all,

Been off the board for a while due to connectivity issues and nothing jumped out at me that the documentary on BBC1 was discussed on here, so I thought I'd trigger something (no doubt I am not looking further than my nose)

For those who haven't seen it, it's on the iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01svp5s/Panorama_Hillsborough_How_They_Buried_the_Truth/ in case you're interested.

I was 14 when it happened and I was out doing my afternoon paper round when the news started coming through on the radio. I am not from Liverpool and although I remember obviously the severity of the situation, I had a very strange experience watching this all last night after I Sky +'d it. I don't mean to belittle any of the obvious things that come out of such an event, but for me it was eye opening how differently I view the same events unfolding through older eyes and a different perspective almost as if the magnitude of the event and the being able to put myself in that situation overwhelmed me way more than initially when I think you're at an age where you're generally more accepting of everything that comes your way.

Anyhow, as mentioned, I am not a scouser, but I have been a fan since about the age of 3 when a team wearing my favourite colour seemed to be on the TV every other day winning games with ease which led me to fall in love with the club. I just wanted to reach out and let those know on here who are directly or indirectly connected to the events in Hillsborough that I felt genuine connection to you all last night and it will most likely stay with me forever.

In addition to that, I wanted to say that there's often a lot of talk here about remote fans versus those that hit the terraces each week. I know you can't compare, but at the same time that we're not all in the Chelski plastic fan vein.

Must be my age and I am turning into a soppy old sod as I had tears in my eyes and goose bumps whilst watching Carra coming on the pitch on Sunday, then when he left and during his interviews after.
Homebooby

Postby stmichael » Thu May 23, 2013 12:20 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Homebooby » Thu May 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Or additionally for those out of the UK, consider a smartdns subscription with Overplay (www.overplay.net) Few a couple of quid a month, you replace your standard DNS servers with their DNS servers and they address most GEOIP issues that block access to content in different areas. There's a special section for Netflix users too where you can choose your locale......very handy :)
Homebooby

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks St.Mike.

:)
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Return to Hillsborough