Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby laza » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:56 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:20 pm wrote:Hap and Leonard season 2 started airing last night   :buttrock

For those that haven't seen the show, season 1 was deffo the best violently humorous show I watched last year.

trailer for season 2

Looking forward to this one, really enjoyed season 1

Black Sails final season is still rocking on a good pace. Fingers crossed for a cracking finale
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:09 pm

SUN RECORDS   :buttrock

Watched the first four episodes and I'm loving it . Basically about the guy (Sam Phillips) who set up the record label that launched the likes of Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Roy Orbison.

May not appeal to all you fella's in here BUT I know you all like your music and this one's all about the birth of the roots of Rock N' Roll

Set in the early '50's , this is the stuff that went on to influence the Beatles and the Stones.

featured in the show, what is widely recognised as the FIRST EVER ROCK N' ROLL RECORDING   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:27 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:20 am wrote:Hap and Leonard season 2 started airing last night   :buttrock

For those that haven't seen the show, season 1 was deffo the best violently humorous show I watched last year.

trailer for season 2

Currently one of the best made shows to watch, the writers ensure it  flows almost effortlessly  from the first minute to the last, the perfect recipe infused with equal measures of Comedy and the macabre  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:30 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:27 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:20 am wrote:Hap and Leonard season 2 started airing last night   :buttrock

trailer for season 2

Currently one of the best made shows to watch, the writers ensure it  flows almost effortlessly  from the first minute to the last, the perfect recipe infused with equal measures of Comedy and the macabre  :buttrock

Weird that some shows like Hap and Leonard doesn't have many torrents out there...  ???
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:29 am

maguskwt » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:30 am wrote:Weird that some shows like Hap and Leonard doesn't have many torrents out there...  ???

Yeah Mag's, think in the USA they're shown on a "small" cable channel ???

However I've found them without too much difficulty.

See PM  :;):

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:05 am

Watched the finale of Legion last night. Quite enjoyed this show though it was certainly that needed my full attention.
Rather then watching while mucking around on PC which I can do for shows
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:57 pm

laza » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:05 am wrote:Watched the finale of Legion last night. Quite enjoyed this show though it was certainly that needed my full attention.

Still have a couple of episodes ready to watch so I guess I will get around to them but have to admit, don't know why, but  i've kind of drifted away from interest in "Legion" .

Watched the very last episode of Black Sails,  :(  .

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!

Last thing I wanted to see in the closing scene was Captain Flint snogging his long lost boyfriend  .

Is it just me OR is there really an unwarrented increase in Man on Woman, Man on Man and Woman on Woman sexual action in our television shows these last few years ?

It's almost as if there has to be an obligatory "sex" scene in so many shows. Is that just lazy script writing ?

I'm finding it harder and harder (no pun intended !) to watch an otherwise interesting series with my kids in the room.   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Has anyone watched the man in the high castle and if so is it any good ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:03 am

red till i die!! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:55 am wrote:Has anyone watched the man in the high castle and if so is it any good ?

Really enjoyed the first series , I haven't seen second series yet

Speaking of alternate history series, anybody watched SS-GB series from old Len Deighton book.

Its coming to Oz next month but I reading mixed reviews
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:18 pm

laza » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:03 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:55 am wrote:Has anyone watched the man in the high castle and if so is it any good ?

Really enjoyed the first series , I haven't seen second series yet

Speaking of alternate history series, anybody watched SS-GB series from old Len Deighton book.

Its coming to Oz next month but I reading mixed reviews

Man in the High Castle was pretty good, I found the second series even better than the first.

SS-GB, watched the first couple of episodes and have a few more queued up, it's not bad but hasn't quite gripped me (yet ?)

The new series of "Prison Break" kicked off last week (always worth watching) and a personal fave "Better Call Saul" ( the Breaking Bad spin off) returned last night  :buttrock

Other stuff thats' got my attention is  "Designated Survivor" (Kiefer Sutherland suddenly and unexpectedly becomes President of the USA), and I been pleasantly surprised by "Taken", not the greatest of shows but a good actioneer, a lot better than I expected.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:09 pm

Cheers lads, I have heard great stuff about it so will give it a shot  :nod Don't really like the week to week thing and would much rather wait till there is a few seasons so I can binge watch. That way I can actually remember what half of it is about  :laugh:  Ploughed through Dexter in about 3 weeks  :lookaround Top show.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:44 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:09 pm wrote:Cheers lads, I have heard great stuff about it so will give it a shot  :nod Don't really like the week to week thing and would much rather wait till there is a few seasons so I can binge watch. That way I can actually remember what half of it is about  :laugh:  Ploughed through Dexter in about 3 weeks  :lookaround Top show.

:laugh:   :bowdown 

Mate,  a TV series binge is a wonderful thing   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:51 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:27 pm wrote:

trailer for season 2

Hey Red, are you finding season two less humorous and much darker ? Don't want to give anything away to those that may not of seen it yet, obviously the story line is one we should take seriously BUT I was hoping that maybe away from the nub of the tale without undermining the process we might have had a few more laughs from Hap and Leonard.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:09 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:51 pm wrote:
Hey Red, are you finding season two less humorous and much darker ? Don't want to give anything away to those that may not of seen it yet, obviously the story line is one we should take seriously BUT I was hoping that maybe away from the nub of the tale without undermining the process we might have had a few more laughs from Hap and Leonard.

Yeah the comedy is more subtle in this series and I think that's because the writers are dealing with a very emotive subject and the jump betwixt light and shade has to be a lot more cushioned than it was in the first series, for instance episode five bristled with some real  peaks of  comedy  from the writers and then the episode culminated with a real lip quivering moment with old Mee Ma.

I mean what a f*cking twist mate , never suspected  a character that has delivered only light hearted moments throughout the show to be suddenly thrown into the mix with such menace.  Hands down the best written show on TV at the minute though mate.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:23 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:57 pm wrote:
laza » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:05 am wrote:Watched the finale of Legion last night. Quite enjoyed this show though it was certainly that needed my full attention.

Still have a couple of episodes ready to watch so I guess I will get around to them but have to admit, don't know why, but  i've kind of drifted away from interest in "Legion" .

Watched the very last episode of Black Sails,  :(  .

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!

.   :(

Finally saw finale of Black Sails, while it wasn't a major disappointment like Penny Dreadful or urh Dexter, still a bit of let down.
It kept teasing a grand ending but  always found a contrivance to avoid it.
I found original premise of mixing historical pirates and fictional crew of Treasure island quite intriguing.
I was expecting by end of series a far darker ending setting up the book and the real life fate of Rackham.
In the  end it ended being a bit of fluffy feel good talkfest with a touch of the bittersweet
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum