Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:03 pm

Binged today on the entire season of "Sneaky Pete" Didn't mean to binge it but once I watched one I had to watch the next !

Top drawer cast, (including Bryan Cranston ,Breaking Bad), if you're intrigued by crime shows about con-men this is not too be missed , personally I loved it  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:48 pm

Not a series as such but having only caught the last few first time around 'The Wine Show' is actually very good if you can see beyond the posh actor. Visit some stunning locations and interesting people, very easy watch and particularly with wine  :nod
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:24 pm

loving Shut Eye

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:35 pm

Looks like another great heads up Red  :buttrock  Will start watching tonight   :)

btw read that season 2 of Hap and Leonard starts to air mid march , can't wait   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:06 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:35 pm wrote:

Looks like another great heads up Red  :buttrock  Will start watching tonight   :)

btw read that season 2 of Hap and Leonard starts to air mid march , can't wait   :buttrock

Only seen the first four episodes of Shut Eye thus far, but imo its well worth seeing out till the end mate, looking forward to Hap and Leonard returning as the cliffhanger that ended the last series left me more than curious.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:03 am

Shut Eye didn't disappoint Red, more than enjoyed it.

Just spent the last two days bingeing on Patriot. Very downbeat and very quirky, had to check the credits as at first I thought I was watching a Cohen brothers production.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:02 am

woof woof ! » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:03 am wrote:Shut Eye didn't disappoint Red, more than enjoyed it.

Just spent the last two days bingeing on Patriot. Very downbeat and very quirky, had to check the credits as at first I thought I was watching a Cohen brothers production.

I love the Coen bros, Raising Arizona is one of my all time favourite films, have you watched Legion yet mate ?

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:40 am

" have you watched Legion yet mate ?"

Caught the first three epiosodes, really diggin' it  :)

Considering the "psychedelic/hallucinogenic" aspects of the show I did chuckle over the fact that one of the lead characters is named "Sydney Barrett ".

As you probably know "Syd" Barrett was a founder member of Pink Floyd who went a bit nuts (some say he suffered from schizophrenia after too many acid trips) Pink Floyds "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is dedicated to Syd Barrett.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:01 pm

Old show I know but gone through 3 seasons of Homeland within a couple of weeks, fantastic stuff.

I know Season 6 is on Sky at moment.

Always had a thing for Claire Danes right back to when I first cast eyes in her in an early teen drama she starred in called My So Called Life, top class.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:05 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:40 am wrote:" have you watched Legion yet mate ?"

Caught the first three epiosodes, really diggin' it  :)

Considering the "psychedelic/hallucinogenic" aspects of the show I did chuckle over the fact that one of the lead characters is named "Sydney Barrett ".

As you probably know "Syd" Barrett was a founder member of Pink Floyd who went a bit nuts (some say he suffered from schizophrenia after too many acid trips) Pink Floyds "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is dedicated to Syd Barrett.

My favourite group from my Uni days mate Piper and Sauceful are  just the thrashing mind of  drug induced genius, the actors got a look of old mad dog I wonder if he too has took a chunk out of the postman   :;): Loved episode 4 with the retro throwbacks.

Image Image

Uncanny !!!!
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:51 am

parchpea » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:01 pm wrote:Old show I know but gone through 3 seasons of Homeland within a couple of weeks, fantastic stuff.

I know Season 6 is on Sky at moment.

Always had a thing for Claire Danes right back to when I first cast eyes in her in an early teen drama she starred in called My So Called Life, top class.

Homelands' a great show but have to admit I'm finding season six a bit slow.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:28 am

woof woof ! » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:03 pm wrote:Binged today on the entire season of "Sneaky Pete" Didn't mean to binge it but once I watched one I had to watch the next !

Top drawer cast, (including Bryan Cranston ,Breaking Bad), if you're intrigued by crime shows about con-men this is not too be missed , personally I loved it  :buttrock

Been watching Sneaky Pete cause of woof's recommemdation here. So far very good, I've watched 4 episodes. It's an Amazon original. It's amazing how companies like Amazon and Netflix are producing tv shows now!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Glad you're enjoying "Sneaky Pete" Mags, and you're right Amazon and Netflix are producing some really good stuff   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:20 am

Hap and Leonard season 2 started airing last night   :buttrock

For those that haven't seen the show, season 1 was deffo the best violently humorous show I watched last year.

trailer for season 2

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:47 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:28 pm wrote:Glad you're enjoying "Sneaky Pete" Mags, and you're right Amazon and Netflix are producing some really good stuff   :)

Finished Sneaky Pete. Overall, liked it. However, the final episode was not as good as I expected. The con was a bit too far fetched IMHO... either that or I'm getting old and not easily pleased anymore...  :wwww
But overall, a good series and hoping to watch season 2.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum