Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby maguskwt » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:28 pm

Been watching Season 2 of Mr Robot and it's been quite good. I have given up on it in the middle of Season 1 because it was just so melodramatic. But it picked up after half way point of Season 1 and been keeping that steady in Season 2. After that halfway point in Season 1, I found that the show is actually quite well written. You just have to be patient and focus on the conversations...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:51 am

started watching Westworld 2 episodes. I think it's abit slow paced but that's working for me...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:23 am

While West world hasn't lived up to my expectations and I have found it far too slow.
I must say the pace and some of plot twists in the last couple of episodes have certainly piqued my interest more then first six episodes combined.

Also binged on the sci fi series "The Expanse" 
Really enjoyed that show, certainly a BSG feel about it for me and kudos for creating a rather complicated  universe on what looked like a fairly limited budget
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:31 pm

30 Degrees in February is currently airing Season 2 on Sky Arts HD.

Swedish drama set with a Thailand back drop, first season good and followed up with the second.

Its a refershing change from Americana, the pace and people, and as winter sets in its visually beautiful to watch.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:08 pm

laza » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:23 pm wrote:While West world hasn't lived up to my expectations and I have found it far too slow.
I must say the pace and some of plot twists in the last couple of episodes have certainly piqued my interest more then first six episodes combined.

Really enjoyed that show, certainly a BSG feel about it for me and kudos for creating a rather complicated  universe on what looked like a fairly limited budget

''The Expanse'' was great Laza, I like scifi stuff and the story was really good.

I just hoped they had more episodes in though!

Arrow season 5 beats the ***** out of the previous season.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:14 am

I gave up on Westworld, visually its fantastic but nothing else in it to keep me gripped.

Really messy storyline and character development which is often the achilles heel when you just throw money it at, almost like some footy teams that do the same.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:28 am

parchpea » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:14 am wrote:I gave up on Westworld, visually its fantastic but nothing else in it to keep me gripped.

Starting to feel the same way, it's been like one of those fireworks whose fuse burns but fails to go bang.

Meanwhile Vikings (season 4 part two) is back on the tv   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:13 pm

metalhead » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:08 am wrote:
laza » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:23 pm wrote:While West world hasn't lived up to my expectations and I have found it far too slow.

''The Expanse'' was great Laza, I like scifi stuff and the story was really good.

I just hoped they had more episodes in though!

Arrow season 5 beats the ***** out of the previous season.

Gday MH mate

Yes I could have done with a longer run on Expanse , also the fact that season 2 doesn't start until next year is bit of bummer.

Gave up on Arrow after season 3, too many of those flashbacks did my head in :D
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:10 pm

:D

started black mirror, s1 and 2 are really good, s3 was a bit of a disappointment until the final two episodes, although I didn't like episode 6 the ending was nice.

It's because I hate bees and have a phobia towards them
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Been enjoying "Good Behavior", story revolves around a contract killer and a con artist, stars Michelle Dockery, aka Lady Mary in Downton Abbey now playing a very different role.

Well worth watching  :)

Full episodes available on youtube

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Woof,

have you looked into the new netflex series ''Travelers''? I recommend it if you're into scifi, very entertaining and not as slow as Westworld
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:16 am

metalhead » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:33 am wrote:Woof,

have you looked into the new netflex series ''Travelers''? I recommend it if you're into scifi, very entertaining and not as slow as Westworld

Cheers MH, don't think I've seen any of that, I'll check it out   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Watched the first series of Glitch on Netflix, cant wait for the second instalment.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:16 pm

I've been seriously disappointed in Westworld as for me personally the show had more glitches than some of the hosts they kept dragging in for examinations and I struggled with it if I'm honest, I mean the parts with Hopkins in were dark and ominous and left the requisite breadcrumbs that pointed to the plot thickening, but with his untimely demise at the end of the first series I'm afraid they have severed a limb that will leave the show hopping ungainly in the search for credibility.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:21 am

And so the final act is about to begin   :buttrock  :buttrock

laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum